The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

Now that the Canucks have relieved Willie Desjardins of his coaching duties, who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

New poll choices may be added if demand suggests it. Explain your choice and discuss below.

Please keep discussion here based around the next head coach and not about Willie Desjardins.

Discussion about the coaching or firing of Willie Desjardins should be done here:

Edit: I added a couple more options along with the ability to vote for more than one option to make it fair that I added more after the fact.

(Update) Thanks to @StealthNuck we have figured out a way to allow you to re-vote now that there are new coaching options available, and as coaches are hired elsewhere/no longer available. Just go to page 1 where the poll is and click on "Show Voting Options". This will allow you to vote again for your new desired option. 

I really like Green as a coach, but I have a hard time seeing the brass appoint a 2nd straight rookie coach given the pressure on them to get the ship steered in the right direction. Whichever coach we get is going to have to be okay with playing a young roster, doing with a lot of mistakes, and most likely finishing with another top ten pick. As much as the experience of Ruff and Hitch might be useful, I don't see them wanting to come here so I picked Crow. Crow knows the team, knows the president, knows the city, knows how to coach young guys, and badly wants to be a head coach in the NHL again. 

The fans.

That way, every player gets to play on the exact line the fans want for the exact amount of ice time the fans want. The system will be exactly how the fans want even though they have no clue what details go into it. Not to mention the young players will get to make all the mistakes they want and the veterans will get punished for making any, exactly as the fans want.

Gerard Gallant.

I want Green in an associate role so he can see coaching at the NHL level without necessarily being the face of a disaster when mistakes are made. Rookies make mistakes, it happens.

Unless next year is a write off too, then bring him in to show him the ropes.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Perfect, including understanding how he handles players, makes decisions...

Although Willie struck me as a good motivator, Green is probably the better instructor, especially with young players.  Obviously understand the game inside & out, and knows how to communicate what he sees to his players.  

Archived