The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sutter and Jarvis together equals a lifetime of winning.

Isn't that what you want around young players?

For sure.

What do you think of bringing in Lombardi as GM? Built a really solid King's team that won a cop twice in a matter of years.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sutter and Jarvis together equals a lifetime of winning.

Isn't that what you want around young players?

%100 is. This is really a no brainer. Aquaman needs to flex that wallet... he's made even more bank on the city's back this year with the real estate.

Give him 3 years 5 AAV 

1 minute ago, Kaner said:

For sure.

What do you think of bringing in Lombardi as GM? Built a really solid King's team that won a cop twice in a matter of years.

I don't think it's fair to axe Benning yet just because a new shiny GM becomes available.

I'd like to have Benning see his rebuild through. 

35 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sutter immediately moves to the top of the list.

The most qualified candidate for sure. If we could somehow get him on board with Green and/or Gallant that would be awesome.

Meh, I'm tired of boring hockey.  Though I do enjoy winning

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Meh, I'm tired of boring hockey.  Though I do enjoy winning

I find Kings hockey alot more exciting than the brand of hockey we've witnessed. At least they play with intensity and structure. And you know at the very least he would assemble a solid, intimidating bottom 6.

There's room for skill in Sutter's system too contrary to popular belief. This season guys like Kopitar and Gaborik couldn't lead them like they used to. 

11 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Why?

While I'm only assuming, but I don't see Virtanen as a Sutter type of player. Virtanen already has a lot of baggage to his young career. From being out of shape, to his inconsistent play, to being laziness in his own end.

Sutter wouldn't condone those type of players. 

Just now, shiznak said:

While I'm only assuming, but I don't see Virtanen as a Sutter type of player. Virtanen already has a lot of baggage to his young career. From being out of shape, to his inconsistent play, to being laziness in his own end.

Sutter wouldn't condone those type of players. 

He's well on his way to putting that behind him, thanks to Green.  Another reason to make him the hc

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I find Kings hockey alot more exciting than the brand of hockey we've witnessed. At least they play with intensity and structure. And you know at the very least he would assemble a solid, intimidating bottom 6.

There's room for skill in Sutter's system too contrary to popular belief. This season guys like Kopitar and Gaborik couldn't lead them like they used to. 

I love watching the Comets and their style.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I love watching the Comets and their style.  

It's really not that different than Sutter's style.

Sutter and Green would actually be a great combo if he's willing to learn under a two time Stanley Cup champion head coach.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's really not that different than Sutter's style.

Sutter and Green would actually be a great combo if he's willing to learn under a two time Stanley Cup champion head coach.

I see no way in hell Sutter agrees to be a placeholder for Green.  That's said, I think an associate coach scenario would be a good way to ease TG into the NHL

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

I find their forecheck, puck support and physicality to be entertaining to watch.

Just not a fan and the Canucks don't have the kind of personnel he would need to pull that off.  This lineup needs a coach who instills that 4check and work ethic, but allows for some creativity

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I see no way in hell Sutter agrees to be a placeholder for Green.  That's said, I think an associate coach scenario would be a good way to ease TG into the NHL

He wouldn't be a placeholder.

We give Green a chance to earn his head coaching gig somewhere else by learning under Sutter. I doubt we just hand him a head coaching gig with no NHL experience.

I highly doubt Green will be a head coach here. So if we wanna keep him in the system, only way I see it is as an assistant.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He wouldn't be a placeholder.

We give Green a chance to earn his head coaching gig somewhere else by learning under Sutter. I doubt we just hand him a head coaching gig with no NHL experience.

I highly doubt Green will be a head coach here. So if we wanna keep him in the system, only way I see it is as an assistant.

We'll agree to disagree, I think it's his to lose.  I also highly doubt Sutter wants to coach in Van at this stage anyway.......he'll go to a team closer to contending

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's well on his way to putting that behind him, thanks to Green.  Another reason to make him the hc

Still a work in progress for Jake. 

Maybe he will thrive under Sutter, but I don't see it. If he develop into a bottom six forward under Sutter ala Kyle Clifford. I'd say that will be a huge disappointment for a 6th overall pick. 

Jake needs a coach who allows him to do his own thing without any repercussions.

Just now, shiznak said:

Still a work in progress for Jake. 

Maybe he will thrive under Sutter, but I don't see it. If he develop into a bottom six forward under Sutter ala Kyle Clifford. I'd say that will be a huge disappointment for a 6th overall pick. 

Jake needs a coach who allows him to do his own thing without any repercussions.

He's playing very well for Green.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

We'll agree to disagree, I think it's his to lose.  I also highly doubt Sutter wants to coach in Van at this stage anyway.......he'll go to a team closer to contending

Close to home, coaching his nephew, with a team he's familiar with. Not to mention him and Benning's philosophies on how a team should play seem to be similar.

I see lots of reasons Sutter would wanna come here. It's a challenge for him to get this team back to the top. Why else Would Babcock go to Toronto? It's not like he didn't have other options to make big money.

Archived