The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd be okay with Gallant, Green, or some other coach who is known for handling youth very well.

I do not want Crawford. I don't feel like he would work with our team. The Crow is the coach for a team that's ready to win. Our team isn't, at least not yet.

50 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Hitchcock 

enough rookies in management. 

Why do people here, and more important the fools @1040, keep bringing Hitchcock up as a candidate?  It's been well documented this was his last year coaching. 

The Blues announced a new one-year deal for the veteran coach and Stanley Cup winner. But after next season, he's done behind the bench. During his press conference in St. Louis, Hitchcock announced that the 2016-17 season will be his final season coaching in the NHL

Even if he wasn't retiring he would be a god awful choice considering the state this team is in.

Gallant.  He was unjustly (in my opinion) fired from Florida, who didn't improve after he was gone.  He has a history of winning.... Though not necessarily at the NHL level.  

I'm not sure if someone said it, but isnt this Greens contract year?  If so, I wonder if he would rather be promoted to assistant coach rather than go elsewhere.  It would be a shame to lose him to another team if it is indeed his last contract year....

I would be on the phone with Ken Hitchcock and Travis Green right now. One of these two, or better yet both if Canucks can make it work.  Hitchcock, player development and assistant coach and Green as head coach, no more than 3 year term. 

57 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The real question is, of the potential available coaches out of work or in an interim role or an assistant, which ones would be even willing to come here???

I think that lots of people like to live in Vancouver.  Why else would property prices be so high?  Self deprecation is one thing but self loathing is quite another.  Why do Canucks "fans" have such a low opinion of themselves, their team and their city?  I guess it's easier to be negative than positive but personally I've had enough of that.  Radio and social media have trained people to always think negatively (because that sells ad copy) but we fans don't have to play that game if we don't want to.  I don't want to.  Go Canucks Go!

Archived