The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Bieksa, Garrison, Hansen, Burrows, all had some variation as well. It comes down to management choice of who to keep.

And they've already moved all them out, keeping but four after only two years of transition.  The twins in Vancouver are nothing like Kessel and Phaneuf were in Toronto, who were necessary to be purged out.

7 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Hopefully he goes to europe...

Why? He knows what's expected he knows most of the young guys and he's done a good job in Utica. Why not give him a shot what the worst he does 2 more losing seasons getting decent draft picks. 

look at the oiler flames and leafs (to name a few) how many coaches and gms did those guys go through before there teams drafted enough talent to be relevant. What makes vancouver any different......nothing. 

Linden benning willie green insert a few more names , will all be gone before this team is remotely competative again. So throw Green a bone and move on. 

1 hour ago, combover said:

Why? He knows what's expected he knows most of the young guys and he's done a good job in Utica. Why not give him a shot what the worst he does 2 more losing seasons getting decent draft picks. 

look at the oiler flames and leafs (to name a few) how many coaches and gms did those guys go through before there teams drafted enough talent to be relevant. What makes vancouver any different......nothing. 

Linden benning willie green insert a few more names , will all be gone before this team is remotely competative again. So throw Green a bone and move on. 

You say he knows most of the young guys but besides Virtanen and Demko who else has a remote chance of making the big club as a regular?Probably none. If it was about losing and getting draft picks then why not let Willie D ride out his contract. You seem soo sure that Linden and Benning will all be gone before were remotely competative again....just wondering what else you see in that crystal ball of yours?

17 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Here's hoping the next coach has the balls to use all three as support players to minimize their weaknesses.

I'll be happy if the next coach doesn't have Megna as the best option available to ride shotgun with the Sedins.  They ain't nearly good enough anymore to be carrying a AHLer for much of the season.

9 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

You say he knows most of the young guys but besides Virtanen and Demko who else has a remote chance of making the big club as a regular?Probably none. If it was about losing and getting draft picks then why not let Willie D ride out his contract. You seem soo sure that Linden and Benning will all be gone before were remotely competative again....just wondering what else you see in that crystal ball of yours?

Horvat becoming captain. 

17 hours ago, FrankieCorrado said:

Just a question because I really don't know, what are the chances the yotes fire Tippett, I know he has some level of authority in management which would make it tough, but they have been so bad for so long one has to think he's running out of time.

Also if he was made available (assuming he takes the job here), would he be a good fit? I've heard rumors that he's bad at working with young talent. 

Just something I been thinking about lately, if people think Quenneville or Trotz could get canned then I don't see how Tippett can't be.

I would not want to see him hired at all. One of the most overrated coaches in the NHL in my mind and coaches the most boring possible style of game. We have seen what he can do with a shallow roster and nothing would drive fans away faster than his style.

I don't get why he wasn't canned long ago.

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'll be happy if the next coach doesn't have Megna as the best option available to ride shotgun with the Sedins.  They ain't nearly good enough anymore to be carrying a AHLer for much of the season.

You bet...Crosby they are not.  Guy deserves the Hart again given his line mates this year...

On 2017-04-18 at 8:21 PM, Hutton Wink said:

And they've already moved all them out, keeping but four after only two years of transition.  The twins in Vancouver are nothing like Kessel and Phaneuf were in Toronto, who were necessary to be purged out.

I don't know if you're just being antagonist here, spinning for the sake of it, or...

First you cite NTC, NMC issues to prop up why the roster is the way it is.

Amigo then cited several examples of those being moved. And you come back with this? Catch your tail yet? 

Also, the "necessary purge" comment is interesting, being that It's almost exactly the original point being made by the guy in the first place, just laterally here, juxtaposed onto Toronto's roster. 

Archived