The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Bllewellyn said:

Dan bylsma fired in buffalo would he be a good fit here.

No he was terrible with buffalo's youth and only won in PIT because of their starcast which we do not have.  We are headed towards a roster like buffalo.  why would he do good here if he stunk there?

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Are you turning into Apollo, one minute supporting management, the next bashing it? Or is my sarcasm detector on the fritz? 

The original quote from a "certain poster" was:

"...a management group who still believes Edler and the Sedins are the best options to build strategy around"

17 hours ago, Rush17 said:

No he was terrible with buffalo's youth and only won in PIT because of their starcast which we do not have.  We are headed towards a roster like buffalo.  why would he do good here if he stunk there?

Canucks are better than buffalo you could say were more like BO-ffalo ;)

4 hours ago, fivethej said:

Besides Travis and Krueger who are the other candidates?

I really don't know.  The only other name really out there is Dave Lowry. Forget any "name" coaches. They want a younger coach that will grow and play the kids through this rebuild. 

13 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Ted Nolan, what a blast from the past.

The guy who got run out of Buffalo because he was a bad coach and an Aboriginal? His kid plays for the Kings right?

Yeah no way. It's gonna be Travis Green as the hire unless Green gets offered a better job like in LA or Florida.

6 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

The guy who got run out of Buffalo because he was a bad coach and an Aboriginal? His kid plays for the Kings right?

Yeah no way. It's gonna be Travis Green as the hire unless Green gets offered a better job like in LA or Florida.

I don't see Green getting either of those jobs. Kings and panthers want to compete for a cup and both have experienced ppl running the show.  They won't hire a rookie head coach who hasn't even been an assistant coach in the NHL before. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't see Green getting either of those jobs. Kings and panthers want to compete for a cup and both have experienced ppl running the show.  They won't hire a rookie head coach who hasn't even been an assistant coach in the NHL before. 

Maybe Buffalo is more likely I guess but I think Green would prefer being on the west coast he has a home in Cali and that is where his family lives I believe in the offseason.

30 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Maybe Buffalo is more likely I guess but I think Green would prefer being on the west coast he has a home in Cali and that is where his family lives I believe in the offseason.

I'm sure Green would love the job in LA. Very good team and its LA of all places. I think LA would want an experienced head coach. 

Terry Peguila said he wants experienced people running things in BUF. I watched his presser today and he doesn't look like he's hiring a rookie coach or GM. He wants to win and he's on record saying he wants experienced people for his team.  

Green in Vancouver makes.good sense.  He'll be a stop gap guy here for 3 years. When team gets a bit better they'll bring another coach to create buzz and sell tickets. This is a long term project and there will be a couple of coaching changes over the next 5 years. 

Archived