The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

Green would be my best candidate at the moment. he's does wonders with a Utica team lacking offensive talent. if not, I'd be happy with Stevens, Gallant, Crawford and Ruff in that order

Apparently Stevens is not available and is the heir apparent to Sutter in LA.

2 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Even if that is true, it is still pessimism.  Pessimism is psychologically easy because there is no risk to one's ego.  Optimism requires courage.  There is little courage on this forum.  Of course people will fall back on this reason or that reason why we are bad and will continue to be bad for a long time but that is all just noise from fragile egos (and parroting the negative media who so desperately need to sell ad space).  If we can't think that we can win, we never will.   Attitudes matter in sports.  Getting it right between the ears is necessary before we get it right on the ice.  I'm glad you're not a player, coach, or management (if any of them said "Mark my words, we're a bottom 5 team next season" how well do you think that would go over?).  

We will never win anything if we don't think we can.  That applies to hockey and just about everything else.

GCG!

I think there's a difference between optimism and positive expectations. I'm a generally optimistic person, but I've learned to temper my expectations so as not to be let down. I've felt let down too often when expecting too much and prefer to be pleasantly surprised. I expect to be near the bottom of the standings for the next two years, but I hope that we'll be better. In fact, I can see a world in which we do improve quickly and are a playoff team in a couple of years. I just don't want to get my hopes up only to have them crushed.

Battle for the Bench!

@BananaMash and @Green Building

Showdown for head coach. We'll sit down, have a burger and a beer, we'll talk systems and deployment, and from there CDC will vote one of us in as head coach. 

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Battle for the Bench!

@BananaMash and @Green Building

Showdown for head coach. We'll sit down, have a burger and a beer, we'll talk systems and deployment, and from there CDC will vote one of us in as head coach. 

You had me at Burger and a Beer.

13 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Green would be my best candidate at the moment. he's does wonders with a Utica team lacking offensive talent. if not, I'd be happy with Stevens, Gallant, Crawford and Ruff in that order

I think Green is Bennings choice (from hearing him speak right now). 

Talked up young coaches , saying more of them have been making the jump now adays , and they want a guy that can communicate with young guys. .......... And that wasnt in response to a direct Travis Green question , that was just what he said when asked of they are looking for a Veteran coach.  

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Talked up young coaches , saying more of them have been making the jump now adays , and they want a guy that can communicate with young guys. .......... And that wasnt in response to a direct Travis Green question , that was just what he said when asked of they are looking for a Veteran coach.  

Yeah that's the impression i got from that conference too.

7 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Agreed..its going to be Green.

Just now, ruilin96 said:

I think if AV gets fired by the Rangers after an early playoff exit, we should look to bring him back

I dont think AV is the right coach for where we are at , and I REALLY doubt he would come back anyways. 

I would prefer Crawford, but I think you are right. My take is that they go for Green since he is the current coach of the new players coming up (primarily Virtanen), given that he was a high pick and they need to make sure he stays on the same path.

Not saying this is the only reason, but it seems they will want someone that the kids know and are comfortable with. 

After listening to Linden and Benning I think they will hire Green. It makes sense for where the club is at right now. If green turns into a solid NHL coach then he will be here for the long hall.

They refuse to say rebuild but it is clear that they are in this rebuild for the long hall. No big high priced UFA's but will look for supporting players. Sounds like the Toronto model.

Archived