The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

Roger Neilsons Towel

(Poll) Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?  

768 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks?

• Gerrard Gallant (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - LAS VEGAS)
    • Travis Green
    • Ken Hitchcock (NO LONGER AVAILABLE - DALLAS)
    • Marc Crawford
    • Lindy Ruff
    • Doug Jarvis
    • Kevin Dineen
    • Paul MacLean
    • Bob Hartley
    • Other (please explain below)
    • Patrick Roy (added post poll creation)
    • Ralph Krueger (added post poll creation)
    • Michel Therrien (added post poll creation)
    • Darryl Sutter (added post poll creation)
    • Dave Lowry (added post poll creation)
    • Dallas Eakins (added post poll creation)
    • Kirk Muller (added post poll creation)
    • Sheldon Keefe (added post poll creation)
    • Brad Larsen (added post poll creation)
    • Todd Reirden (added post poll creation)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sutter might become available:

Hard to ignore 2 cups in recent years. 

Thought idk he would stomach having to deal with a sloppy mess in Vancouver, he is more of the when the team is sready to compete, he will inject some level of bite to the group to get them over the hump

2 hours ago, nux_win said:

I think that lots of people like to live in Vancouver.  Why else would property prices be so high?  Self deprecation is one thing but self loathing is quite another.  Why do Canucks "fans" have such a low opinion of themselves, their team and their city?  I guess it's easier to be negative than positive but personally I've had enough of that.  Radio and social media have trained people to always think negatively (because that sells ad copy) but we fans don't have to play that game if we don't want to.  I don't want to.  Go Canucks Go!

You missed, it has nothing to do with Vancouver the city, it has to do with the team, ownership, management and players.

Would Ken Hitchcock rather coach the Canucks or the Islanders for example...

Trever Linden said that they need a coach who understands where the team is at. Play the kids , forget about wins. Why  challenge a goal in the last game of the year that could ruin your draft position. You need a coach who is on the same page as you.

Management systematically weekend the team in the last two months of the year. Traded two vets , shut down Granlund for wrist surgery. They said openly that they wanted the youth to get solid minutes.

The coach did not listen.

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Trever Linden said that they need a coach who understands where the team is at. Play the kids , forget about wins. Why  challenge a goal in the last game of the year that could ruin your draft position. You need a coach who is on the same page as you.

Management systematically weekend the team in the last two months of the year. Traded two vets , shut down Granlund for wrist surgery. They said openly that they wanted the youth to get solid minutes.

The coach did not listen.

Did he or JB actually say this?

Wow. 

Voted for Green - main reason is that he has already coached a good number of the players, and knows right from the get-go what he's got to work with. And he knows what's in the wings looking for an opportunity to show their stuff. And he's proven himself in Utica, especially this year considering how many players have been yanked out of his lineup due to an unowhat storm worth of injuries in Vancouver.

Having him develop his NHL chops right along side a young team who in large part are familiar with him, is a good thing, IMHO.

Canucks don't sign him, several other teams will be lining up to do just that.

That said, Crawford would be my second choice.

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The question is mine.

They said that they" need a coach who understands where the team is at."

linden did say some of that but someone has added in some of their own opinions into it. of course they need someone who understands where the team is at. they didn't say that willie didn't understand where the team is at. i don't know whether or not ruff would want this job, but he has a good coaching record.  green deserves it but not sure if he can have any better record than willie.

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Hope it's Crawford.

If I'm a betting man, i bet my life savings it's Green.  I'm personally not on board with that choice if it becomes a reality.

I always thought Crawford's coaching strategies were 2 dimensional.

I'd like to see Green get his chance. He's proved that he's good at patching together a team with some serious holes and getting them to compete.

Give him his moment in the sun!

4588a25cbb9a6fe7cac6a34db5286f30.jpg

Archived