CanadianRugby

Linden & Benning on TSN 1040 - April 10

Rate this topic

241 posts in this topic

Honestly cup or bust next year. 

17 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

"We sit up here every bit as responsible as Willie." How come only he was fired then? Scapegoat...

Because they can.

Every good administrator / manager has    hard working coach / employee sitting on the side ready to be fired / blamed as the FALL  guy.

Thats just good management.

Willie knew exactly what he was signing up for.   Played out just as predicted.....

I really want to hear some candid talk on our D.  We have some amazing forward prospects.  But our D cupboard is like a can of corn or two away from being completely empty.

How do they plan to address the regressive tendencies of Edler and Sbisa?  Who are they going to protect on D?  If the Canucks do not get #1 or #2, will they trade down and take another D?

35 minutes long. holy smokes lol

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

WTF was JB talking about when he said Stecher earned a spot out of training camp and they made room for him?

Somehow I remember Stecher being assigned to Utica before the Canucks opened the season. And then recalled due to injuries. And then Stecher getting reassigned (so they could keep Biega and Larsen), when they had 9 Ds. And then recalled when Tanev went on IR.

How is that earning a spot out of camp?

How is that making room?

Seems like JB's memory is a little selective here.

I heard that too.  :) ill let it slide baby! lil stech is the bomb.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I am so done with Edler. His disinterested play, continuous big mistakes, zero pushback and emotion.

Loved seeing Hutton drop the gloves last night, and you can bet it was because Horvat dropped them game before. I love these new guys. They're wide-eyed, engaged and competitive, and I'm sure they have a lot of fun out there.

Edler just looks miserable, and at his age now, he's not going to get better.

yeah if guddy was in de lineup he would've dropped them as well 

tbh idk what who we should keep: tan man or eddie 

25 minutes ago, apollo said:

Honestly cup or bust next year. 

huh.gif

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

I really want to hear some candid talk on our D.  We have some amazing forward prospects.  But our D cupboard is like a can of corn or two away from being completely empty.

How do they plan to address the regressive tendencies of Edler and Sbisa?  Who are they going to protect on D?  If the Canucks do not get #1 or #2, will they trade down and take another D?

Ummm.... we have Juolevi AND of our existing roster, most of them are still years away from their prime.

You don't need a fist full of prospects if your roster is effectively set for the next five years.

As Edler declines, Juolevi should be capable of replacing those minutes.  

Sbisa has just had his best year in his career and is just entering his prime at 27.  He may not replicate this year, but there is not a single sign of "regressive tendencies".  If anything, they worry would be more around Tanev's body falling apart.

Edler-Tanev
Sbisa-Stecher
Hutton-Gudbranson
Juolevi-Tryamkin
Biega-Subban

Not Cup calibre depth... but way ahead of where we are on forward as almost all of those guys have already shown they are NHL players vs. prospects who may or may not work out.

13 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

linden on 1040 now

solo?

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I heard that too.  :) ill let it slide baby! lil stech is the bomb.

I'm not even mad about how they handled the situation. Understood the reasons at the time. And once Stech was here on his second stint, they gave him plenty of opportunity and he earned the spot and never looked back.

I just don't get why they try sell it as something else.

The truth was fine. Why mess with it?