The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden & Benning on TSN 1040 - April 10

CanadianRugby

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

TL and JB have done a great job so far, despite what Tiger Williams (and the many negative people here) may think.

I wish I could be this terrible at my job and be congratulated like this. How easy life would be.

What a joke lol.

I wonder if the word "rebuild" isn't being used by TL and JB, because they feel it might be a little disrespectful to the Sedins, as they're still around and relied upon. Now, after the Sedins and Edler are gone, they might say "we rebuilt" the team.

It's really just wordsmithing though, doesn't matter what we call it, we know what it is.

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For me sadly it's really simple.  For this team moving forward and due to contracts and ensuing NTC's

Edler either has to be asked to waive or told he's being exposed (yes I know...but if he refuses to waive there's literally 0 recourse for 2 more seasons no less)

Tanev has to be shopped at least to see what the interest is, whether a trade is made or not it has to happen.

Juolevi needs a spot and even though I think it's against his best interests development wise they'll have him on the team with Boeser as our youth infusion next season.

Something has to give on the blue line.  It's far to crowded and this team is starting to develop needs in other areas

I'd prefer to see Juolevi in Utica to start the season unless he pulls a Stecher.  This is our best defensive prospect since Bourdon (RIP) and he played a year in the AHL.  We're going to be real bad next year so probably best to keep him out of that tire fire if we can avoid it.

40 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

yeah if guddy was in de lineup he would've dropped them as well 

tbh idk what who we should keep: tan man or eddie 

I can't believe that's a hard decision . Eddy's a liability, he seems completely uninterested some games . Tanev never seems to me to take a game off,and rarely gets beat.Tanevs offensive inabilities totally overcomes Eddys unrelenting blunders . And truly, really how much does he provide offensively that others in the near future will be able to provide.

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

"We sit up here every bit as responsible as Willie." How come only he was fired then? Scapegoat...

Really? Seriously? 

That's the politically correct answer - translated answer is Willie is the worst excuse for a coach we have ever had 

Listening to Linden's comments regarding experience, and Benning's regarding young coaches stepping up to the NHL - I'm more and more convinced that they're leaning towards promoting Green - even if they submit it to due process - and wait before they tip their hand, perhaps in part to the distraction it may cause Utica.

But I think it is very clear that they are quite open to promoting Green.

I'll be somewhat surprised if that isn't what happens.

18 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

And we have a winner :towel:

Pure conjecture.

More likely they knew the first 2-3 years of their tenure where going to be a painful process of playing out existing NTC's, while still attempting to ice a competitive product, one could argue that they failed in the latter part of that task ( even the first round trouncing from the flames could be looked at as a failure ) , but then who would have gone to games had they come out and actually said " We are going to suck sweaty monkey nuts for the next 3 years before we even start to see a bit of light at the end of this rat infested tunnel " . Now that that process is finally almost done and the actions at this years Trade Deadline did seem to signal that the true "Re-Build" has started they simply don't want to give the media vipers who ignored the plan that Linden and Benning outlined from day one and instead of objectively discussing the moves being made, spewed putrid negativity and toxic panic inducing hysteria of each and every move unless it fit their pre-determined views of the perfect re-build " AKA Toronto is dah best, durr " .

/ End Rant

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I am so done with Edler. His disinterested play, continuous big mistakes, zero pushback and emotion.

Loved seeing Hutton drop the gloves last night, and you can bet it was because Horvat dropped them game before. I love these new guys. They're wide-eyed, engaged and competitive, and I'm sure they have a lot of fun out there.

Edler just looks miserable, and at his age now, he's not going to get better.

Honestly he sets such a poor example for the rest of the guys, tell him you are waiving his sorry ass unless he drops his no trade clause.

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer to see Juolevi in Utica to start the season unless he pulls a Stecher.  This is our best defensive prospect since Bourdon (RIP) and he played a year in the AHL.  We're going to be real bad next year so probably best to keep him out of that tire fire if we can avoid it.

Juolevi is too young for the AHL ....not legal for him to play there next year.

4 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Honestly he sets such a poor example for the rest of the guys, tell him you are waiving his sorry ass unless he drops his no trade clause.

Yes, lets make sure we are never able to attract another UFA or re-sign a single one of our drafted players ever again.

SMH . . .

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

But he cannot start in Utica.  That's why I figured no matter what he's starting in Vancouver

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

"We sit up here every bit as responsible as Willie." How come only he was fired then? Scapegoat...

that's how it works. Prez>GM>Coach>Captain of team.

the bullseye is on the next guy JB now. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

So there is still the delusion from management about trying to prop up the Sedins as go to guys next year with more support. Sad. 

We also kept our PP coach apparently. How the &^@# did he keep his job of all of them?

because everyone said it was WDs fault for the poor special teams.

1 minute ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Yes, lets make sure we are never able to attract another UFA or re-sign a single one of our drafted players ever again.

SMH . . .

Like this is even remotely true. Players and their agents only really care primarily about their own situation. It would not cause a mass outcry by anyone.

Just now, Warhippy said:

But he cannot start in Utica.  That's why I figured no matter what he's starting in Vancouver

Damn.  Figured it would be ok since he's an import but you're right.  I think what happened with Virtanen (although a lot of that was WD's fault) is still fresh in Benning's mind.  London's a good organization so I don't think they'll hesitate to send him down if he's not ready.

Archived