The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Kings Fire Lombardi/Sutter

I don't know why ppl are hating on Sutter. The guy has turned every team he has coached into very good teams. He has also coached the best players so he knows his salt. Is it Darryls fault for LA? I don't think so. That was Lombardi. Sutter, like most coaches usually succeed or fail with what they're given to work with. LA was a team that had elite success but now some key parts had been stripped down, long term injuries start creeping in and heavy contract choke cap space and makes it hard to re-tool. They lost their #1 goalie for a signifigant amount of time. Poor decisions to trade valuable draft picks. 

Most would agree that Miller could've done a better job than Bishop and they both have the same salaries.

Surely Darryl would love to have Justin Williams back. Signing Gaborik to an 8yr extension and Dustin Brown for another 5 yrs remaining on his deal.

Are all of these factors Darryls fault? Hence why the GM got canned too but hey....they got 2 cups out of the deal.

Sutter also built one heck of a Calgary team, instantly turned SJ around and helped develop/coach a very dangerous Blackhawks team back in 90's. 

The guy knows his stuff. So what if he yells at a slacking player that is deserving of an earload. He is also the type that will send a player right back out onto the ice after making a mistake. Guys like Goldobin, Virtanen and any other slacker will receive tough love and get shipped out if they can't get their own crap together. 

Maybe at the same time he can give his nephew an earload as well and improve that guys game. 

I would rather Sutter over Green. Maybe Lowry can come on as an assistant.

5 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sutter should be 1st on our list. 

But he won't be. Linden/Benning will hire another 1st year coach and cram him down season ticket holders mouths.

I'm ok with getting another high draft pick next year but for the love of god...2 crap seasons in a row where are are subjected to crap hockey and no playoffs just really REALLY sucks

On 4/16/2017 at 0:34 AM, missioncanucksfan said:

Fair enough....if we strip it down and not sign aged useless players to $6/6yr contracts then sure, I can handle it.

I also don't want Bo being keyed in on and crippled before the cavalry arrives

Which is exactly why they signed and are keeping some vets around -- so he doesn't become the focus of other teams right away, before he's ready.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:32 PM, DeNiro said:

Not everyone feels that way.

I'm happy we suck and are getting much needed high draft picks.

Further evidence again - this fanbase can handle a rebuild.

It's funny, sutter/lombardi won them 2 cups and now kicked to the curb.  I've often wondered how that would play out here.  Would gillis/av have been treated as gods for winning us just 1 cup in 2011 and have jobs for life or would they have gotten fired too?  Cause even if we won in 2011, I think our future still plays out the same with our core getting old and needing to rebuild.  Would gillis/av have been allowed to stick around for the rebuild if we won in 2011?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 6:31 PM, chickenman92 said:

I'd like nothing more than Lombardi being hired as President and Sutter as coach. 

Trev....pack your S......

My only explanation for a post like this is that the person who wrote it must not watch much hockey and zero Canucks games

Archived