The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks adidas jersey

whcanuck

I tried looking for this thread to see if it had already been made but I couldn't find it (I apologize if it's redundant and could someone re-direct me if it is?) But since Adidas is now the official jersey manufacturer for NHL sweaters next year, what two jerseys are the Canucks going to wear? Is the stick n' rink logo going away? I think they should wear the stick both home and away but that's just me. I'd be sad to see the orca kept over the stick n' rink.

6 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

i think they are getting rid of the stink'n rink for some reason. unless i made that up.

Adidas doesn't want to commit to making 3 jerseys for each team to start. It's lame as hell considering Adidas is a multi-billion company.

11 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

I tried looking for this thread to see if it had already been made but I couldn't find it (I apologize if it's redundant and could someone re-direct me if it is?) But since Adidas is now the official jersey manufacturer for NHL sweaters next year, what two jerseys are the Canucks going to wear? Is the stick n' rink logo going away? I think they should wear the stick both home and away but that's just me. I'd be sad to see the orca kept over the stick n' rink.

Was it Reebok before? Adidas owns Reebok, so I don't see a lot of changes incoming unless it's for something specific with how Adidas operates. You'd think things would stay pretty similar though.

13 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Adidas doesn't want to commit to making 3 jerseys for each team to start. It's lame as hell considering Adidas is a multi-billion company.

I read that Adidas is concerned there's not enough profit margins in hockey merchandise and they don't want to invest too much resources at first - Nike completely pulling the 'chute on hockey investment probably scared a lot of companies off.

35 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

there are rumours going around that they may introduce a new look

They ****ing better not.  The ONLY change I'm on board with is the removal of the "Vancouver" word mark. I'm so damn tired of this team changing logos and looks.  They finally have it right I hope they stick with it.

When the 3rd jerseys are able to come back, either make it the stick in rink (original logo not the new Nike swoosh one we use now) or make it the skate jersey.

I think we are going to go to the stick in rink jersey next year (at least at home). We seemed to be wearing it a lot at home down the stretch and it may have been that they were testing for a response by fans in doing so. You can check the highlights* from home games if you want to get an actual number (*only do this if you feel like putting yourself through unnecessary suffering).

Personal theory: The Canucks move to a home and away stick in rink jersey set next year. Whenever Adidas allows 3rd jerseys to be manufactured, the team introduces a green Johnny Canuck alternate.

I'm not saying a it's a good idea, but I could see it happening.

14 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

They ****ing better not.  The ONLY change I'm on board with is the removal of the "Vancouver" word mark. I'm so damn tired of this team changing logos and looks.  They finally have it right I hope they stick with it.

When the 3rd jerseys are able to come back, either make it the stick in rink (original logo not the new Nike swoosh one we use now) or make it the skate jersey.

I, actually, like the look and agree that we need to stick with it to create a traditional culture like the other Canadian teams have done. They've all maintained the same, basic, look and have definite identities. 

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a look, using the mat black look the Leo's used a couple seasons back. That could be cool.

I'd go with some version of the modern stick and rink logo they currently use as their third jersey. Keep the vintage color scheme. The whole Johnny Canuck thing just looks 'white trash' to me. They never got the totem look quite right with the current Orca logo (The Seahawks already nailed that look). The current main jerseys with the 'Vancouver' watermark look awful, especially the road uni's. They were only made to cash in on the Olympics, so they could double as 'Vancouver' merchandise.

2 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I'd go with some version of the modern stick and rink logo they currently use as their third jersey. Keep the vintage color scheme. The whole Johnny Canuck thing just looks 'white trash' to me. They never got the totem look quite right with the current Orca logo (The Seahawks already nailed that look). The current main jerseys with the 'Vancouver' watermark look awful, especially the road uni's. They were only made to cash in on the Olympics, so they could double as 'Vancouver' merchandise.

A finger on a smart phone, celebrating all of the disinterested socialites in the lower bowl, perhaps?

Archived