The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks adidas jersey

whcanuck

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I hate the orca but it's staying put next season. All teams are keeping the status quo except Edmonton and New Jersey. The Oilers are promoting the orange with an updated white away and the Devils are tinkering with their uniform design. 

I never understood the orange for the Oilers, it looks like an oil patch safety suit. Wait.. maybe thats it. 

1 hour ago, Great Granny said:

I'd go with some version of the modern stick and rink logo they currently use as their third jersey. Keep the vintage color scheme. The whole Johnny Canuck thing just looks 'white trash' to me. They never got the totem look quite right with the current Orca logo (The Seahawks already nailed that look). The current main jerseys with the 'Vancouver' watermark look awful, especially the road uni's. They were only made to cash in on the Olympics, so they could double as 'Vancouver' merchandise.

I don't buy that for a minute. If you're a tourist from another Canadian city or country, and not a hockey fan, are you going to shell out the money for a Canucks hockey jersey simply because it has "Vancouver" on when there are far cheaper options for souvenier apparel? I don't think so. If you're a tourist here for the Olympics as a hockey fan are you more likely to a Canucks jersey or an Olympic jersey? It would take a marketing idiot to believe putting Vancouver on the jersey would increase sales in those scenarios. No the Vancouver on the jersey is just what they said it was: a nod to the Canucks wordmark on the old PCL jersey.

6 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I don't buy that for a minute. If you're a tourist from another Canadian city or country, and not a hockey fan, are you going to shell out the money for a Canucks hockey jersey simply because it has "Vancouver" on when there are far cheaper options for souvenier apparel? I don't think so. If you're a tourist here for the Olympics as a hockey fan are you more likely to a Canucks jersey or an Olympic jersey? It would take a marketing idiot to believe putting Vancouver on the jersey would increase sales in those scenarios. No the Vancouver on the jersey is just what they said it was: a nod to the Canucks wordmark on the old PCL jersey.

Curious though how they went with such a LARGE font for the 'Vancouver' text. As though they were trying to sell a city name maybe.

I heard the Olympic theory mentioned quite often when they were first unveiled, because they were not received well at all. The enourmous 'Vancouver' text being the main complaint.

1 minute ago, Great Granny said:

Curious though how they went with such a LARGE font for the 'Vancouver' text. As though they were trying to sell a city name maybe.

I heard the Olympic theory mentioned quite often when they were first unveiled, because they were not received well at all. The enourmous 'Vancouver' text being the main complaint.

I saw it as a made up reason by a local sports writer to dislike it. Others just jumped on board. Honestly I wasn't crazy about it when I first saw it but it's grown on me. I've seen the Orca mock ups without the wordmark and I like it better with it now. Still, it makes no sense as an Olympic marketing tool. None at all.

48 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I never understood the orange for the Oilers, it looks like an oil patch safety suit. Wait.. maybe thats it. 

It's basically a throwback to their orange jerseys from their WHA days. Thankfully they don't use the logo where the word 'Oilers' is orange.

Personally, I would love to see them go back to the skate jersey but I do not see that happening this go around. If anything, the team will go back to the stick in rink logo full time.

54 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Team FULL of guys capable of going 97 miles an hour. What colour do they go with? Pylon Orange.

3 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Was it Reebok before? Adidas owns Reebok, so I don't see a lot of changes incoming unless it's for something specific with how Adidas operates. You'd think things would stay pretty similar though.

Good point. Since Adidas owns Reebok anyway, they are more than capable of producing the same number and variations of jerseys that Reebok does. The main change can be the removal of the Reebok tag and the addition of the Adidas tag.

No need to change jerseys or limit production, unless they think they won't sell.

9 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

May as well just jump to the endgame here and have DudeWipes and CondomDepot logos on the pants.

Bettman's plan is to be as bush league as possible.  No point taking baby steps.

Bettman said they wouldn't dare... But the adidas logo will be on it so the floodgates are open a crack.  When they started putting adds on the boards I thought it was a disgrace and took away from the game.  Used to it now.

Then when they started putting adds all over the middle of this ice the same.

I will stop watching if they ever go Europe on the Jerseys.  And petition Chelios to finish up on his promise for Buttman.

I say just go bk to the skate .... This dude wouid look awesome in the blk jersey                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Tryamkin                                                                                                                             

9 minutes ago, X-Factor said:

I say just go bk to the skate .... This dude wouid look awesome in the blk jersey                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Tryamkin                                                                                                                             

Yeah a skate going downhill really inspires terror in the other teams.....

I'd rather they stick to their roots with the Stick-in-Rink for Home & Away. That being said, when alternate jerseys are produced again in the future, I'd like to see the orca without the "Vancouver" or maybe the skate (would have to be recoloured to blue) on a green jersey like that of Utica's.

Archived