The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks adidas jersey

whcanuck

10 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

It's basically a throwback to their orange jerseys from their WHA days. Thankfully they don't use the logo where the word 'Oilers' is orange.

Personally, I would love to see them go back to the skate jersey but I do not see that happening this go around. If anything, the team will go back to the stick in rink logo full time.

I guess it could have been worse, they could have put that child-scaring road kill looking cat face on it. 

Anyone else notice in the EDM-SJ game last night, those classy Oilers fans flipping the bird to the Sharks players after the whistle? A building filled with "orange" trash. They should nickname their building "the dump" (not because it's an ugly building, which it isn't, but because it looks like it's filled with orange garbage bags).

The Penguins, best team in the league, has a goofy looking penguin wearing skates and carrying a stick. It's quite lame, but who cares. Even with that logo they look tough in black. And they win Cups. I wouldn't be opposed to the Canucks changing the logo and style of the jerseys. The old ones will never go out of style, will always be appropriate for any Canucks fan. So, no need to buy a new jersey if they change them, only if you want the new one. I'm not a fan of the "VANCOUVER" across the front. Seems kind of arrogant to me. I'd like to see something along the lines of: the blue and green as trim on a black jersey, with a new logo featuring a mean looking image of Johnny Canuck holding an axe. lol Then the shoulder patch could be their original stick n rink logo.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Anyone else notice in the EDM-SJ game last night, those classy Oilers fans flipping the bird to the Sharks players after the whistle? A building filled with "orange" trash. They should nickname their building "the dump" (not because it's an ugly building, which it isn't, but because it looks like it's filled with orange garbage bags).

I agree the Orange is a bit much, but in the spirit of being fair, Canucks Fans where doing the exact same thing the last home game of the year, ( Finger opposing players after they scored ) .

2 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

I agree the Orange is a bit much, but in the spirit of being fair, Canucks Fans where doing the exact same thing the last home game of the year, ( Finger opposing players after they scored ) .

Could you imagine if edmonton and Anaheim were to play. Now that's a lot of orange. ( I hear Anaheim is wearing there bright orange jersey for play off games?)

3 minutes ago, Brashearseyebrow said:

Could you imagine if edmonton and Anaheim were to play. Now that's a lot of orange. ( I hear Anaheim is wearing there bright orange jersey for play off games?)

Hadn't hear that, but oh God, orange against orange, that would be some EA Hockey garbage where at the last second your opponent switches to the same color Jersey as you haha.

25 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Well, I do remember one female Canucks fan who decided to show "the twins" to an opposing player in the penalty box. Ahhh, those were good times. :)

I guess I just don't like Oilers fans, or that team in general.  

14 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

They ****ing better not.  The ONLY change I'm on board with is the removal of the "Vancouver" word mark. I'm so damn tired of this team changing logos and looks.  They finally have it right I hope they stick with it.

When the 3rd jerseys are able to come back, either make it the stick in rink (original logo not the new Nike swoosh one we use now) or make it the skate jersey.

I actually really grew to like the Vancouver word mark... at first I thought it was a ploy just to sell more during the olympics, but definitely grown on me. 

It reminds peasants all across the NHL that they are playing against the worlds most glorious team/city. VANCOUVER CANUCKS 

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

I actually really grew to like the Vancouver word mark... at first I thought it was a ploy just to sell more during the olympics, but definitely grown on me. 

It reminds peasants all across the NHL that they are playing against the worlds most glorious team/city. VANCOUVER CANUCKS 

I like it as well actually I would be cool with it staying, I was just saying if a change HAS to happen on the jerseys that's the only thing I personally would be ok with them changing.

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah a skate going downhill really inspires terror in the other teams.....

Actually black jerseys are considered to be the most intimidating...

Also the whole point of a 3rd is for it to be an alternate (aka DIFFERENT) jersey - I don't even notice when we are wearing ours. Dunno about the logo but colour scheme of black/orange/yellow would be awesome to differentiate our 3rds.

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Bettman said they wouldn't dare... But the adidas logo will be on it so the floodgates are open a crack.  When they started putting adds on the boards I thought it was a disgrace and took away from the game.  Used to it now.

Then when they started putting adds all over the middle of this ice the same.

I will stop watching if they ever go Europe on the Jerseys.  And petition Chelios to finish up on his promise for Buttman.

I'm used to ads on the boards by now as well, but I want to cry when I see highlights from the 80s and earlier with those beautiful, clean looking rinks with white ice and white boards.

17 hours ago, Squamfan said:

there are rumours going around that they may introduce a new look

Would not go well with the current interest in the Canucks.

I went to the jersey unveiling in 07-08 (I know...I know) and there were a decent amount of people there. Imagine that this offseason!

Archived