The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looking for thoughts on Vilardi as the 2nd or 3rd pick in the NHL Entry Draft

sockeye

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Button has Necas as number 3? WTF. Kid id 6 foot 165 first of all. Second , he has 15 points in 41 games. Granted thats in the euro elite league as an 18 year old , but i still dont get it. 

I don't get that either. Scrawny player with average stats?

And then Button has Vilardi, Glass and Mittelstadt below Necas in his rankings. I'd take any of those guys before Necas.

cut.jpgLet the countdown begin!

10 Days To Go Till the biggest day of the season (excluding draft day of course).

Image result for canucks lotto drfat pics

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

This draft we could possibly get out future #1(a/b) Center or #1 Defense-man if Mr.JB decides to go that way for the next 10+ years. 
I actually enjoy reading most of the members posts & doing some reasonable predictions like the rest of us once in a while. With that, of course #1 is what we all are hoping for here & no matter what our past history has shown, I'm still looking at no worse than 5, lol. I mean #1.  

Anyways I'm hoping for the best but no matter what the lottery # is, I will still be happy & excited to see who we'll be adding to our prospect pool as the # is just a # until the kid actually arrives.

Then the real predictions will begin.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2017-nhl-draft-lottery-to-be-held-april-29/c-288660422

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery, used to determine the order of selection for the first 15 picks in the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft, will be held on Saturday, April 29 in Toronto. The results of the Draft Lottery will be announced shortly after 8 p.m. ET, during live coverage of the event on NBC, CBC and TVA. Coverage on CBC begins at 7:30 p.m., ET.

The 2017 NHL Draft Lottery will consist of three drawings: the 1st Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery Draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

Participants in the Draft Lottery include the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, who begin play in the 2017-18 season, and all other Clubs that did not qualify for this season's Stanley Cup Playoffs (or Clubs that acquired the first-round picks of those non-Playoff Clubs).

The Golden Knights will be afforded the exact same lottery odds as the team finishing the regular season in 28th place -- or with the third-worst regular-season record. They will be guaranteed no lower than the sixth overall selection.

To accommodate the addition of a 15th team in the Draft Lottery, the odds for all other participating teams have been reduced proportionally from the odds utilized in last year's Draft Lottery.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery Draw of the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery is as follows:

Non-Playoff Team
(Fewest Pts. to Most)   Odds

Colorado Avalanche   18.0%
*Vancouver Canucks   12.1%
Vegas Golden Knights *   10.3%
Arizona Coyotes   10.3%
New Jersey Devils   8.5%
Buffalo Sabres   7.6%
Detroit Red Wings   6.7%
Dallas Stars   5.8%
Florida Panthers   5.4%
Los Angeles Kings   4.5%
Carolina Hurricanes   3.2%
Winnipeg Jets   2.7%
Philadelphia Flyers   2.2%
Tampa Bay Lightning   1.8%
New York Islanders   0.9%

* Vegas assigned same lottery odds as the team finishing the regular season in 28th place

16 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

You think, but NHL teams think otherwise.

Put it this way.

He will not be picked in the top 5 by anyone.

I'm not sure that's 100% correct.  Most reports of you can find on him think he's a lock for #5.  Just watch his stock rise after memorial cup, him being in the spot light will only increase the talk around him.  I won't be surprised when he starts to be in the discussions for the top 2.

Not sure what to make of the experts being all over the board after #2 in such an important draft for Vancouver.On one hand a keen draft eye could land a gem with that second round pick or pick plus trade.On the other hand can't help but worry a rival is gonna strike gold in this draft with a low pick.

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm not sure that's 100% correct.  Most reports of you can find on him think he's a lock for #5.  Just watch his stock rise after memorial cup, him being in the spot light will only increase the talk around him.  I won't be surprised when he starts to be in the discussions for the top 2.

I'd pick him 1st or 2nd and not even blink.  I like Patrick but he looks a bit shady with a lot of injuries, even though he's very big and talented.  Hischier is a very good skater and pretty exciting, but has slowed down a tad. Vilardi is younger then the rest, talented, huge and powerful, hardworking. Only knock is skating, and it's not even that bad. 

3 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

I'd pick him 1st or 2nd and not even blink.  I like Patrick but he looks a bit shady with a lot of injuries, even though he's very big and talented.  Hischier is a very good skater and pretty exciting, but has slowed down a tad. Vilardi is younger then the rest, talented, huge and powerful, hardworking. Only knock is skating, and it's not even that bad. 

Good thing you are not the gm 

18 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Reports vs actual NHL team listing ism different things.  I have nothing against him.  I have enough information to know that vilardi will absolutely not get picked in the top 5 by anyone. 

Trust me on this.  

33 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Reports vs actual NHL team listing ism different things.  I have nothing against him.  I have enough information to know that vilardi will absolutely not get picked in the top 5 by anyone. 

Trust me on this.  

So you've talked to all GM's with a potential top 5 pick about their feelings on this.  Button and Bobby Mac make their reports based on their findings from what they hear from other GM's.  They both believe Vilardi is a top 5 pick. I'm curious as to how you think you have a better insight than them?  Especially before the kid even plays in one of the biggest scouting stages of the OHL year. 

No offense but that's a pretty big claim, and if he does happen to get picked in the top 5 like most reports say he will, it doesn't do anything good for your credibility. 

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Trust me on this.  

31 teams and you know FOR A FACT 

K

Vilardi.  Top 3 in scoring for 17 year olds.  Top 8 in 18 and under.  Top 25 in 19 and under

6 foot 2 over 200 pounds.  C/LW that wins draws and kills penalties and better than a PPG with 13 differently line mates this season playing on the 2nd line behind Brown

Cannot wait to watch him in the memorial cup and see how underrated is all over again

8 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Trust me on this.  

You have your opinion, but trying to make it a fact when it's not... if Vilardi doesn't go top 5 I'll be shocked.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:45 PM, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

From what I have watched of Valardi he has flashes of Getzlaf with his ability to protect the puck and be patient to make a play. However Getzlaf is lazy and Valardi seems to be more hard working.  Getzlaf is obviously incredibly skilled and Valardi would have a long way to go but he uses his big frame well like Getz.

I don't know about Getzlaf being lazy.  He, Teemu and Perry led the team to a cup.  If our draft pick was as good as Getzlaf, I would be one happy Canucks fan.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:14 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'm interested in a 3 for 2 deal. Say we have a top-2 pick, & we added Tanev or Edler.

In return, land 3 nice pieces(eg: top-5 pick, great prospect,& tough bottom 6 fwd perhaps?). I haven't seen any of these jr kids to estimate accurately, but it might be a yr to fish for extra value, if the other team had surplus.

NO

We need TALENT not "great prospects" or "Tough bottom 6" guys

You build your team on stars, people can make all the excuses they like but the fact is we've crapped the bed at the draft 2 years running (talk to me in 5 years when Virtannen is playing in the Swiss league and Joulevi is a journeyman playing #5 D man on his third team)  We need to take BPA and ONLY BPA! and if we are withing striking distance of #1 and the Avs want Joulevi and Virtannen for it, then give it to them, we need Patrick like hookers need a condom,

We have to make ballsy move to MOVE UP as a team, if you just take what your given you stay where you are

14 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

You have your opinion, but trying to make it a fact when it's not... if Vilardi doesn't go top 5 I'll be shocked.

Your going to be in for a shock.  

Remember this conversation.  I'm trying to warn my fellow Canuck fans well in advance about vilardi and mittelstadt not being in the 3-4 range.  

22 hours ago, Warhippy said:

K

Vilardi.  Top 3 in scoring for 17 year olds.  Top 8 in 18 and under.  Top 25 in 19 and under

6 foot 2 over 200 pounds.  C/LW that wins draws and kills penalties and better than a PPG with 13 differently line mates this season playing on the 2nd line behind Brown

Cannot wait to watch him in the memorial cup and see how underrated is all over again

I have nothing against him.  I originally kinda liked him until I found out how little interest the Canucks have in this guy.  

Again, ok fine, I will take back what I said about him not being drafted in the top 5, but I will assure you guys, the Canucks will not be selecting Gabriel vilardi or Casey mittelstadt with whatever pick we get.  Some one quote me.  Better yet let's just remember this comversation.

22 hours ago, Warhippy said:

K

Great post...Windsor Spitfires are hosting the Memorial Cup; as a result, Vilardi will be front and centre for all to see play against the best Junior hockey teams in the nation.

My prediction...he will not disappoint.

8 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Your going to be in for a shock.  

Remember this conversation.  I'm trying to warn my fellow Canuck fans well in advance about vilardi and mittelstadt not being in the 3-4 range.  

I have nothing against him.  I originally kinda liked him until I found out how little interest the Canucks have in this guy.  

Again, ok fine, I will take back what I said about him not being drafted in the top 5, but I will assure you guys, the Canucks will not be selecting Gabriel vilardi or Casey mittelstadt with whatever pick we get.  Some one quote me.  Better yet let's just remember this comversation.

Then who are they taking? Glass? They better not screw this pick up... 

Archived