The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tòpics you wish would go away

erkayloomeh

There always seems to be a topic that never dies. For me there are always topics that get beat to death.

Whats your topic that you wish would just die already.  Tortorella threads...? Kassian Hodgson ...?   Kassian Prust....?  This thread I started..? 

Another...? 

Anything Tortorella gets my vote.

First of all, this is clearly White Noise. Not Canucks Talk....

To answer the question though, EVERY thread about what we can do to contend "next year"... This team is a long ways away... Anyone who doesn't recognize that is beyond just stupid.

On a side note, I never did understand the Tortorella hate. People didn't like him because this team was bad and he knew it, and because he tried to walk in to the Flames locker room. Well Bob Hartley is trash of a human being, as evidenced by his opening face-off BS. Who then proceeded to hide in the locker room. Should Tortorella have done it? No. Hardly something to hate the guy over though... It's just a weird one.

31 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

There always seems to be a topic that never dies. For me there are always topics that get beat to death.

Whats your topic that you wish would just die already.  Tortorella threads...? Kassian Hodgson ...?   Kassian Prust....?  This thread I started..? 

Another...? 

Anything Tortorella gets my vote.

I'm gonna go ahead and move this one to White Noise.

we should have drafted kopitar instead of luc bourdon. 

all the posts that claim we all think a certain way. i hate people telling me, what i think.

posts that go beyond criticizing to disrespect. these people try their best for us and don't deserve having their characters thrashed.

Recently it's all the love Kassian gets.  People act like this version of him is the one that's been there the whole time, when we know from press talks and all that in fact he was a cancer in the room.  It's good that he's one of those second-chance success stories but don't over-hype the guy now.

A close second topic would be the recent talk about potential coaches. Frankly, short of any spats that erupt in the room (e.g. between Torts and his guys who he overworks) or definite misuse of players (e.g. getting the Twins to block shots and starting them primarily in their own zone, starting Megna as a 1st line guy) I think that the effects of any coach is largely similar to any other candidate on paper until we actually see the guy behind the bench or have some actual coaching record to reference.  After all, it's the players on the ice who would deliver the results, so the reputation of the coach on the game (prior to any actual games being played) may be overrated given that their game plans don't deviate too much and too negatively from the norm.  Short of profiling the coaches on their styles and results there's no use playing with the scraps that we get.

Lastly, trade threads involving Tanev.  I think his value will be hard to gauge given low offensive totals, and even though he's an elite shot suppressor it might be hard to accurately assess his value to potential suitors.

That's all I got for now; Buzzkill, out.   

Archived