The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Krueger for Head Coach

Ossi Vaananen

I'm just happy that they are identifying other options, other than making a rash decision and just immediately hiring Green. If we can't grab Krueger, I say we hold out and see if there are any good coaches fired in the next couple weeks.

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

I thought he was let go way too quickly in Edmonton and wouldn't mind a look at him here.

Yeah, agreed. I remember a lot of people were shocked at his firing. He had an AHL Defense and no Top 6 center to work with that year, and still had them near a playoff spot. 

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Not really.  

He was under .500.  

Sam Gagner was also their #1 Center, and Justin Schultz was their only semi okay defenseman that year. Dubnyk and Hall held that team together, and that wasn't Krueger's fault. He worked well with what he had.

2 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Sam Gagner was also their #1 Center, and Justin Schultz was their only semi okay defenseman that year. Dubnyk and Hall held that team together, and that wasn't Krueger's fault. He worked well with what he had.

Hahahah. Yeah.  They really did suck.  

I miss those days.  

What a bunch of sucks.  

anyway, I'm not sold on him at all. 

Good team or not, he wasn't great in his very short NHL stint, and his international record isn't overly impressive either. 

Its great the team team is doing it due dilligents, but I hope they keep looking. 

Wait until the playoffs finish, one of these coaches is going to get so fired. Looking at you Bruce. He may not be a playoff coach but if he can bring the Canucks back out of the bottom of the ladder then he'll have done his job.

I think a playoff team will fire their coach and hire Sutter, leaving us with a juicy option. Wait until the Draft.

Really, he was only fired because MacT became GM and rode the Dallas Eakins hype train.

Yeah, it was a 48 game season that year but they still did a lot better than they would go on to do in the coming seasons.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wait until the playoffs finish, one of these coaches is going to get so fired. Looking at you Bruce. He may not be a playoff coach but if he can bring the Canucks back out of the bottom of the ladder then he'll have done his job.

I think a playoff team will fire their coach and hire Sutter, leaving us with a juicy option. Wait until the Draft.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Quenneville was fired. 

Archived