Ossi Vaananen

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Krueger for Head Coach

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I'd be down. He's a great players coach not sure how structurely sound his style is though 

 

its weird cause what are our expectations? We don't expect/want them to win games, we hope for another lottery pick but we want improvement and player development...it's hard to have best of both worlds 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kaner said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if Quenneville was fired. 

I think this first round might decide a few coaches fates:

 

1) Barry Trotz in Washington - huge regular season success and Cup favourites, if they lose to Toronto he could be fired for a more defensive-minded coach (Sutter?)

2) Quinneville in Chicago - pretty hard to fire him and I doubt they will, even if Chicago get swept, because of how much recent success he's had

3) Don't think AV or Julien are going anywhere, if they lose they'll lose to a good opponent.

4) Laviolette in Nashville has done well so far and again, if they lose it'll be to a strong team

5) Babcock is going nowhere no matter what happens

6) Tortorella is an interesting one, I think he stays even if they get swept because of how good CBJ has been relative to their expectations

7) Sullivan in Pittsburgh is unlikely to be fired considering the recent success and unlikely 1st round exit

8) Boudreau has to be on the biggest hot-seat, huge regular season success, massive win streak, Cup contender and now they're 0-3 and might get swept. He's always been a regular season coach, nice guy and brings offence, which might be what the Canucks need to just get over the hump. No playoff team will want Boudreau right now.

9) Mike Yeo is pretty much untouchable, even if the Blues lose somehow in the first series, he's done a hell of a job in St. Louis so far, and it's pretty unlikely. 2nd round exit and he's fine.

10) Guy Boucher is pretty safe considering he dragged that team into the playoffs and win or lose against the Bruins, he's safe

 

So for me it'll come down to BOudreau or Trotz being fired and the Canucks should offer either of those guys (or Sutter as a last resort) a hell of a lot of money to team these kids in Vancouver how to win again.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think this first round might decide a few coaches fates:

 

1) Barry Trotz in Washington - huge regular season success and Cup favourites, if they lose to Toronto he could be fired for a more defensive-minded coach (Sutter?)

2) Quinneville in Chicago - pretty hard to fire him and I doubt they will, even if Chicago get swept, because of how much recent success he's had

3) Don't think AV or Julien are going anywhere, if they lose they'll lose to a good opponent.

4) Laviolette in Nashville has done well so far and again, if they lose it'll be to a strong team

5) Babcock is going nowhere no matter what happens

6) Tortorella is an interesting one, I think he stays even if they get swept because of how good CBJ has been relative to their expectations

7) Sullivan in Pittsburgh is unlikely to be fired considering the recent success and unlikely 1st round exit

8) Boudreau has to be on the biggest hot-seat, huge regular season success, massive win streak, Cup contender and now they're 0-3 and might get swept. He's always been a regular season coach, nice guy and brings offence, which might be what the Canucks need to just get over the hump. No playoff team will want Boudreau right now.

9) Mike Yeo is pretty much untouchable, even if the Blues lose somehow in the first series, he's done a hell of a job in St. Louis so far, and it's pretty unlikely. 2nd round exit and he's fine.

10) Guy Boucher is pretty safe considering he dragged that team into the playoffs and win or lose against the Bruins, he's safe

 

So for me it'll come down to BOudreau or Trotz being fired and the Canucks should offer either of those guys (or Sutter as a last resort) a hell of a lot of money to team these kids in Vancouver how to win again.

They were the number 1 defence in the league i think. Trotz is a very defensive minded coach.

Edited by Westcoasting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

They were the number 1 defence in the league i think.

Plus he coached Nashvillle before he went to Washington and couldn't have been more defensively minded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capitals lose to Leafs.

 

Caps blow up team by trades and firing Trotz.

 

Canucks hire Trotz.

 

You heard it here first folks. Canucks are waiting for the end of round 1.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. IMO he's a great option, a smart great players coach, and he did well with Team Europe. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soshified said:

Capitals lose to Leafs.

 

Caps blow up team by trades and firing Trotz.

 

Canucks hire Trotz.

 

You heard it here first folks. Canucks are waiting for the end of round 1.

 

Entire league would be lining up to hire Trotz. What makes you think he would want to come to a 29th place team?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kaner said:

I'm just happy that they are identifying other options, other than making a rash decision and just immediately hiring Green. If we can't grab Krueger, I say we hold out and see if there are any good coaches fired in the next couple weeks.

I agree. This goes to show that they really want to get this right as Trevor said so himself. 

 

I have to admit that I have lost a bit of faith in TL with his comments regarding Kassian when we traded him but hopefully he will gain my confidence back soon.

 

As for Kruger as the coach, I thought he was great with the Oilers and that the Oilers were on the upswing but that McTavish idiot fired him for Dallas Eakins... I think he will be a good option for us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Entire league would be lining up to hire Trotz. What makes you think he would want to come to a 29th place team?

im joking around lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soshified said:

im joking around lmao

Well its CDC...can never be sure. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad they're thinking outside the box a little.

 

I'd be okay with them hiring him. What happened in Edmonton was not his fault. He deserved more time there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kaner said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if Quenneville was fired. 

No chance he gets fired.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Entire league would be lining up to hire Trotz. What makes you think he would want to come to a 29th place team?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

 

Come on Aquaman now's the time to shine. Babcock and Quinneville are getting around 6M per year.

 

Offer 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

No chance he gets fired.

Turnover rate in the NHL high for coaches. No guarantee, but if Coach Q and his Hawks lose in 4, I would say there is a better chance he is gone that not. 2 back to back, first round exits for a team as capable as Chicago is not good news for anybody in the organization.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaner said:

Turnover rate in the NHL high for coaches. No guarantee, but if Coach Q and his Hawks lose in 4, I would say there is a better chance he is gone that not. 2 back to back, first round exits for a team as capable as Chicago is not good news for anybody in the organization.

They would trade certain players way before they ever let go of a 3 time Stanley Cup winning coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Not really.  

He was under .500.  

 

 

On a ****** hockey team. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.