[Rumor] Canucks interested in Krueger for Head Coach

Ossi Vaananen

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

And this is how you remind me of an A-H-L offense

Well look at our second line;

It's sending cringes up and down my spine;

Let's put an end to this nightmarish dream;

And stop playing Chaput with the Sedins;

He also doesn't seem to subscribe to the theory that reputation or longevity in the league should determine your place in the lineup or role. Performance and ability to do the job seem to be far more important.

He also seems to understand that not all players are alike in physical skill or in mental or motivational make up. 

The more I think about Krueger the more I think that outside of a real big name like Q or Trotz, he is a very good fit.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

One thing that many former players of his have said about Krueger (and what I think would be a huge asset to the Canucks) is that he is a thinker. He looks at the players he has to work with and designs his system around them to put them in the best position to be successful. Combine this with a positive voice built around nurturing player confidence and the fit does seem like a good one.

With a young team turning over to a new core that is still developing, he will have the juggling act of allowing their strengths as a group to determine the style of the team while also instilling his own take on just what the culture needs to look like.

He is widely viewed as a great strategist and tactician and has thrived in being the David in David and Goliath matchups on a consistent basis.

He checks off a lot of the boxes a coach for our current team needs.

Actually we're in a win win situation. Going for a fresh start with a new coach who hopefully has some good offensive ideas for us. Plus we're really not expected to do much next year, a playoff seeding would be of limited value (esp if we are swept). I say if it's a bit of a long shot that's ok.  I think our chances are better with a good draft position anyway.  

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He also doesn't seem to subscribe to the theory that reputation or longevity in the league should determine your place in the lineup or role. Performance and ability to do the job seem to be far more important.

He also seems to understand that not all players are alike in physical skill or in mental or motivational make up. 

The more I think about Krueger the more I think that outside of a real big name like Q or Trotz, he is a very good fit.

And cheaper than a Big Name coach. Who'd want high pay and term.

1 minute ago, Luckylarry said:

Think we need an experienced NHL coach with a BIG TIME resume of Cups.  How about Sutter, with a rebuild and playing the young guys as the mandate?  All the players should respect Sutter's winning record.

Not sure how Sutter would fit with the Sedin's if he's as hard ass as I hear.

2 minutes ago, Luckylarry said:

Think we need an experienced NHL coach with a BIG TIME resume of Cups.  How about Sutter, with a rebuild and playing the young guys as the mandate?  All the players should respect Sutter's winning record.

We will not need that for at least 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Luckylarry said:

I think we do need an experienced coach. I am not sure Sutter is a good fit though. Unless he is specifically looking for a rebuild challenge I think it is more likely he goes to a team built more for right now as that's more his strength as a coach.

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If the Hawks fire Q or the Caps fire Trotz, the Canucks need to go all in to get either of those guys though imo. 

absolutely!!! I wanted Trotz last time, but how could he pass up on the Caps. 

40 minutes ago, smokes said:

Wait sooo resign as a chairman so that one can go back and become an NHL coach again? Isn't that like giving yourself a demotion?

I can't remember the exact context of why he initially took the Southampton job- I think he was friends with the previous owner, who then passed away and his daughter inherited the football club so it was kind of a family favor to take over the roll. He's done an admirable job there, but he's a hockey man first and foremost. We'd be lucky to get him, he's a brilliant man and he has the strength of character to handle what passes for "the media" in this market.

12 hours ago, Kaner said:

I'm just happy that they are identifying other options, other than making a rash decision and just immediately hiring Green. If we can't grab Krueger, I say we hold out and see if there are any good coaches fired in the next couple weeks.

Looks like Bourdeu is doing his normal routine which is dominating in the regular season this time with an overarching MIN squad...Fasted winning coach of all time ... Doubt he gets fired though.  One can wish.

Archived