The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can't stand the TSN 1040 Morning Show

On 4/23/2017 at 8:56 PM, Squamfan said:

where the hell is BMAC its been 9 weeks and he is not on

he's probably on leave for his depression issues again.  as for bro jake, hope he doesn't come back.  at least botch and kuz filling in are decent.  when it does suck i just switch over to 710ESPN Seattle and listen to brock and salk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2017 at 7:16 AM, MJDDawg said:

Pretty much only tune into 1040 for Canucks games.

I guess our local "personalities" are a creation of this market. It seems like most of these on-air personalities are going out of their way to be entertainers. And bad ones at that.

I get the "entertainment" part of it, but I'm not only a local team fan. I'm a sports fan. I like listening to sports talk and I like knowing what's going on around sports not only in our little bubble here in Van, but also around North America and the world.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I enjoy listening to Primetime sports with Bob McCown. His show is the "most serious" of the sports talk shows I enjoy listening to. He can come across as arrogant, but he knows his stuff and most important to me, he has great guests and co-hosts on every day to talk a variety of sports. I also enjoy Tim and Sid and the Dan Patrick Show for similar reasons. They all talk a variety of sports, have a variety of guests on daily, and mix in the right amount of entertainment.

TSN 1040 has become 45 minutes of commercials per hour with talking heads that trying too hard to be funny and entertaining, with daily 5-minute appearances from Bob Mackenzie, Pierre LeBrun, and others.

Pratt is absolutely unbearable.  I've completely stopped listening to the 6-10 slot altogether.  I feel embarrassed for him anytime I've listened. He thinks he's so cool but it comes off so pathetic. 

55 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Cant stand Pratts voice and everytime he has to drop the " i get that, i get it, i get all that"

No you don't...

Translation: "I know those are the facts, but I wanna give my contrary opinion, either cuz ratings or I really just don't know any better".

On April 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Frogger009 said:

Do they ever talk about anything decent?

This morning Pratt was rambling on about a Leafs vs Oilers cup final because they are both up 2-1 in their series and Chicago is down 3-0. Right, let's just forget about Pittsburgh and Anaheim, both of which I would pick to knock out the Leafs and Oilers if they were to make the second round.

Then they whine about Leafs fans and how the media shoves the Leafs down our throats, blah blah blah. 5 seconds later, they do their "3 stars" and stick the Leafs OT goal at number 1!!! Thanks for shoving it down our throats!

I've just had enough of them, are their no talented sports personalities in this City who can replace these people? 

Well there will be a new sports station soon? The Canucks new broadcast station will have a morning show daily... 

On April 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Crabcakes said:

I expect next to no change in 1040 and the way they do business in the future.

The only change will be that they no longer broadcast games.  Blake Price even said that he's still going to be doing the post game show......

Listening the other morning and Pratt just signed a new deal.. I really like the show when Seth and Karen are on with Pratt..Seth is really good and will debate with pratt.. So Pratt, Seth and Karen can be god..

I cannot stand Sekeres he is by far worse then Pratt ? Sekeres is the worst... Need to get Rintoul on a regular show.

7 hours ago, wildcam said:

Listening the other morning and Pratt just signed a new deal.. I really like the show when Seth and Karen are on with Pratt..Seth is really good and will debate with pratt.. So Pratt, Seth and Karen can be god..

I cannot stand Sekeres he is by far worse then Pratt ? Sekeres is the worst... Need to get Rintoul on a regular show.

The good news is that Pratt also said that he is taking 5 weeks of holidays.  Thanks for the break Dave. :P

• 11 months later...

So apparently Bro Jake is retiring from the morning show at the end of this week but will have his own show on the weekend. Pratt will have rotating co-hosts until a permanent replacement for Bro is found.

Personally I've enjoyed their show. I know they're pretty unpopular on this board but if nothing else they at least have personality unlike the drones on the other station.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, Riviera82 said:

So apparently Bro Jake is retiring from the morning show at the end of this week but will have his own show on the weekend. Pratt will have rotating co-hosts until a permanent replacement for Bro is found.

Personally I've enjoyed their show. I know they're pretty unpopular on this board but if nothing else they at least have personality unlike the drones on the other station.

I agree with this (i realize we are in the minority here..maybe its our age group :-)).  I didnt expect Bro to be an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge, I just mostly like their show for the banter during my morning commute.

I have a feeling things will get worse now...they will probably rotate Botchford and Patterson through there..

16 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I agree with this (i realize we are in the minority here..maybe its our age group :-)).  I didnt expect Bro to be an encyclopedia of hockey knowledge, I just mostly like their show for the banter during my morning commute.

I have a feeling things will get worse now...they will probably rotate Botchford and Patterson through there..

This'll definitely be unpopular but I actually enjoy both Botch and J-Pat. I'm more worried about who Pratt's permanent sidekick will end up being. Hopefully someone who will put him in his place when he's being nonsensical.

33 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

This'll definitely be unpopular but I actually enjoy both Botch and J-Pat. I'm more worried about who Pratt's permanent sidekick will end up being. Hopefully someone who will put him in his place when he's being nonsensical.

maybe the will bring in Dan Russell...lol...

Archived