The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I enjoy my job I just wish I could be retired and spend all my time in Penticton.:P

Penticton seems like a great little city... hopefully all the  hordes of people fleeing metro van real estate  won't ruin your beautiful city  / place. 

Fraser Valley is now pretty much ruined with the housing situation. 

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Penticton seems like a great little city... hopefully all the  hordes of people fleeing metro van real estate  won't ruin your beautiful city  / place. 

Fraser Valley is now pretty much ruined with the housing situation. 

This is a serious concern. 

• 2 weeks later...

So the new group of ministers was appointed today... I'm worried that the word "Innovation" was struck from anyone's responsibilities. If we're going to get job creation from new sectors, you need to foster innovation. 

But the guy they put in for Jobs, Trade and Technology seems like he might be good at supporting new social enterprises so thats good at least - Ralston from Surrey, who I think is involved in Surrey's Innovation Boulevard initiative. Maybe he's a buddy of @kingofsurrey too? :P

It really bugs me that Adrian Dix was rewarded with Health, that's going to be a disaster. 

But overall its not bad. Don Wright who is running the public service now is actually a very good guy and very smart, and fairly non-partisan. 

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

They have a future just not a home owner future in Vancouver.

Actually homes now are now starting at 700 - 800 thousand Abby and Chilliwack....  so its now not  only a Vancouver problem.

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

They have a future just not a home owner future in Vancouver, Kelowna, Penticton, Peachland, Nanaimo, Victoria, Langford, Vancouver Island, Okanagan, Caribou Interior

FTFY

Rent in Keremeos is now approaching $1400 for a 2 bedroom man...BC is almost universally unlivable for home prices and rentals

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Actually homes now are now starting at 700 - 800 thousand Abby and Chilliwack....  so its now not  only a Vancouver problem.

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

FTFY

Rent in Keremeos is now approaching $1400 for a 2 bedroom man...BC is almost universally unlivable for home prices and rentals

Absolutely insane.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

FTFY

Wow I'm goin g to need to increase rent! I'm the keremeos area and my rental 2 bed room house goes for right now 850

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Absolutely insane.

Broken BC -  Really the BC Liberals had to go.   I think it is time for another government to have a go at this massive Housing Crisis...

We are going to see even more  massive number of homeless people  throughout BC cities .....

In July, the average price of rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Vancouver hit $2,090 a month.

Similarly, rent for a two-bedroom grew by 2.5 per cent in July to $3,230 a month.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3609431/new-record-2090-a-month-is-average-cost-of-one-bedroom-rental-in-vancouver/

13 minutes ago, apollo said:

I don't think anyones going to fix the housing problem... :(

I fixed my housing problem. I moved away from that mess.

If more people did that, that would actually solve the problem!

Archived