Jimmy McGill

Provincial Election Thread

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for in the upcoming BC election?

• Green
    • Liberal
    • NDP
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If Undecided, which parties are you still considering?

• Green
    • Liberal
    • NDP
    • Other
    • None my decision is made.

On 2017-07-26 at 1:12 PM, Warhippy said:

I was not.  I am simply stating a fact.  NAFTA helped erode and erase jobs in these sectors country wide which had little if anything to do with provincial governance.  The NDP fighting globalization and promoting fair trade over free trade is not wrong.

Fighting or ensuring fair deals instead of free deals will never be wrong.  NAFTA effectively erased a decade or more of economic opportunity for Canada

You sound like a Trump supporter...  B)

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

You sound like a Trump supporter...  B)

MBCGA

Edited by Warhippy

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

so @Warhippy.... this is how Horgan is different? :lol:

Horgan hosting $500-a-head golf fundraiser at Bear Mountain; Weaver teed off

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/horgan-hosting-500-a-head-golf-fundraiser-at-bear-mountain-weaver-teed-off

Because unlike the Libral fundraisers, this is open to everyone and it's held every year.

It doesn't make it better as it's no different.  But their banning of these events isn't set to be tabled until Sept and by having it open to all it's quite different than what we've seen in BC for the last few years

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Because unlike the Libral fundraisers, this is open to everyone and it's held every year.

It doesn't make it better as it's no different.  But their banning of these events isn't set to be tabled until Sept and by having it open to all it's quite different than what we've seen in BC for the last few years

Right, I get it. Its ok because its exactly the same and at some point in the future he plans to ban this, but for right now he'll take the cash.... thats really high ethical standards eh?

Weaver really crapped the bed when he rolled over for this guy imo. 

30 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Right, I get it. Its ok because its exactly the same and at some point in the future he plans to ban this, but for right now he'll take the cash.... thats really high ethical standards eh?

Weaver really crapped the bed when he rolled over for this guy imo. 

I do enjoy how you missed this statement though

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Again, it is NO better.  But as this is open to EVERYONE unlike the last few years of Liberal fundraisers I can find it a shade more easy to stomach than simply allowing party contributors or corporate sponsors

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I do enjoy how you missed this statement though

Again, it is NO better.  But as this is open to EVERYONE unlike the last few years of Liberal fundraisers I can find it a shade more easy to stomach than simply allowing party contributors or corporate sponsors

thats it right there. I just find it a perfect example of how the NDP claims moral superiority but given the chance they go for the $ too. I also think they will do all they can to keep this kind of event going even past september. 

It also shows you how big a mistake Weaver made imo, he could have had much more influence but chose to give it away, and thats too bad. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

thats it right there. I just find it a perfect example of how the NDP claims moral superiority but given the chance they go for the $ too. I also think they will do all they can to keep this kind of event going even past september. 

It also shows you how big a mistake Weaver made imo, he could have had much more influence but chose to give it away, and thats too bad. 

It's not a mistake.  At least not yet.  It's now 2 weeks in to their government.  You're starting to sound like King Heffy after edlers last contract signing :P

To be clear, I did say I'd met Horgan and that he gave me an off feeling.  But it doesn't mean that the new government is going to be all bad.

Much like Alberta/Saskatchewan.

In Sask Wall is proclaimed as the end all be all.  Yet is now massively in debt, has little to nothing left to sell to balance the books and is bleeding jobs like no other province in Canada.  After 12 years

In Alberta Notley is proclaimed as the devil and while she's spending to make up for the last 15 years of nil balance and maintenance is actually getting pipelines built and is increasing jobs and running a province that is about to start leading Canada in job growth and economic growth.  After 2 years

I am not going to say after 2 weeks that the coalition is a bad idea.  Far to soon

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's not a mistake.  At least not yet.  It's now 2 weeks in to their government.  You're starting to sound like King Heffy after edlers last contract signing :P

To be clear, I did say I'd met Horgan and that he gave me an off feeling.  But it doesn't mean that the new government is going to be all bad.

In Sask Wall is proclaimed as the end all be all.  Yet is now massively in debt, has little to nothing left to sell to balance the books and is bleeding jobs like no other province in Canada.  After 12 years

In Alberta Notley is proclaimed as the devil and while she's spending to make up for the last 15 years of nil balance and maintenance is actually getting pipelines built and is increasing jobs and running a province that is about to start leading Canada in job growth and economic growth.  After 2 years

I am not going to say after 2 weeks that the coalition is a bad idea.  Far to soon

Fair enough. I just thought Weaver had a unique opportunity to have big impacts on stopping the funding stream (and to state it again, I hate the gravy train the Libs were on, it did real damage), but also on forcing some real change on investments in green tech, etc. and my concern is a much more experienced NDP team took them for a ride and Weaver is now in a position of having to bring down the NDP vs. have the Liberals at his whim for a year or so. So for me that seems like a real wasted opportunity. 

My parents still live in SK so I get the regular updates. Wall is an idol there, he can do no wrong. And thats a little scary since his only plan is apparently to wait for oil prices to go up and try to reopen the constitution. 

I actually like Notley quite a bit. She's showed some good leadership and actual professionalism in the face of dirt bags like Jason Kenney. 

44 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Fair enough. I just thought Weaver had a unique opportunity to have big impacts on stopping the funding stream (and to state it again, I hate the gravy train the Libs were on, it did real damage), but also on forcing some real change on investments in green tech, etc. and my concern is a much more experienced NDP team took them for a ride and Weaver is now in a position of having to bring down the NDP vs. have the Liberals at his whim for a year or so. So for me that seems like a real wasted opportunity. 

My parents still live in SK so I get the regular updates. Wall is an idol there, he can do no wrong. And thats a little scary since his only plan is apparently to wait for oil prices to go up and try to reopen the constitution. 

I actually like Notley quite a bit. She's showed some good leadership and actual professionalism in the face of dirt bags like Jason Kenney. 

I think we can safely count ourselves lucky we don't have a Jean/Kenney here

And let's hope Watts isn't tapped for Clark's old position...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

so @Warhippy.... this is how Horgan is different? :lol:

Horgan hosting $500-a-head golf fundraiser at Bear Mountain; Weaver teed off

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/horgan-hosting-500-a-head-golf-fundraiser-at-bear-mountain-weaver-teed-off

Bear mountain charges over $250 for regular greens fees.  This isn't a huge mark up for a fundraiser. 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

And which ones has she built?

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Maybe she can move to B.C then. She will be out of a job in 2019.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I think we can safely count ourselves lucky we don't have a Jean/Kenney here

And let's hope Watts isn't tapped for Clark's old position...

Kenney is a clown however Jean is a very good leader and I hope he is the leader of the new UCP.

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

And which ones has she built?

7.5 billion line just started this week towards the Balkans.  Pretty good really

Maybe she can move to B.C then. She will be out of a job in 2019.

Hmmm

Kenney is a clown however Jean is a very good leader and I hope he is the leader of the new UCP.

Jean gave up like MacKay did when Harper took over.

He's lost all support he had from the right who are now leaking towards Fildenrandt and Kenney with the remains if the Wildrose creating another splinter party.

Let's be totally honest.  The right in Alberta is a bigger dumpster fire than the Canucks defense was this year.

And ALL their talking points are systematically being taken away from them as things they claim aren't working are proving effective.

Running on "she did it we'll repeal it" is going to fail miserably in the face of all of that

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hmmm

Jean gave up like MacKay did when Harper took over.

He's lost all support he had from the right who are now leaking towards Fildenrandt and Kenney with the remains if the Wildrose creating another splinter party.

Let's be totally honest.  The right in Alberta is a bigger dumpster fire than the Canucks defense was this year.

And ALL their talking points are systematically being taken away from them as things they claim aren't working are proving effective.

Running on "she did it we'll repeal it" is going to fail miserably in the face of all of that

Let's talk in 2019. Are you a betting man hip?

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Let's talk in 2019. Are you a betting man hip?

As in what?

Am I betting Oklahoma Jr or Texas Lite will jump at the first chance to bounce back in to the same abusive relationship they've had with the "faux conservatives" since the last 2 years of the Klein era in which hospitals and health care, infrastructure and basic services were all not paid down but instead Klein Bux cheques were handed out  simply because because because...NDP is dah bad because they're spending what is necessary to simply catch up with those underfunded programs and services.

No..no I won't take that bet because there's almost no question they will.  They'll also deserve everything they get for it as well.  

Kenney has NEVER had an original thought or lead anything but a buffet line in his life.  Jean has proven that he'll fold to pressure the moment it presents himself while being completely unable to table a credible opposition or promote any platform short of "she did it we'll repeal it" and Fildebrandt is such an idiot he spent almost $70 buying jerry cans claiming that the carbon tax was going to destroy the economy when it absolutely hasn't and in 2 years NEVER tabled a shadow budget like his position in opposition dictated.

Ya, resentment is high.  That's what happens when you spend to the hilt and save nothing based on high oil dollars and don't pay essential bills.  Yet there's a few hundred million to a coupl;e billion earmarked for orphaned wells alone, something that the PCs over 40 years completely neglected, hospitals being built, education being funded and IF oil hits that magic mark of $68 it will be done without incurring anymore operating deficits or going in to debt.

Because that is the single mitigating factor.  Low oil prices.  Alberta isn't in this situation after barely 2 years.  it took almost 16 years of shoddy leadership and poor economic stewardship while riding record high oil prices.  

Personally I could care less either way, voting any of those 3 in to power would be laughably stupid, Notley might not be better but at least she's getting things done at the moment even if it is costing tax dollars.  Better it go back IN to the province instead of subsidies of fake savings though

So no, I won't take that bet because stupid is as stupid does and some people like the abuse.

If an election was held in Saskatchewan Brad Wall would be expected to win - but not guaranteed. Right wing politicians are simply not getting the message that voters are growing tired of austerity and being told to do their part in these "tough economic times " while at the same time we see record corporate profits.

The newly unit Right Wing in Alberta is already motioning to move the province further to the right then ever before.They are banking on enough highly paid oil workers and business owners to vote for them.  If oil continues its trend at under $50 a barrel they have far more workers in lower paid jobs then the upper pay grid. Don't bet on folks to vote for a party who is declaring things like the minimum wage will be rolled back.... alot of Alberta families will survive this down turn in oil because of a livable minimum wage.

The longer that oil stays down, the more people are starting to question were all those royalties went. The louder the anti NDP folks scream the more the fools they have been making themselves. I would not be surprised to see Rachael get one more term. Especially since Alberta has been leading Canada recently in job growth.

• Upvote 1