The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Provincial Election Thread

JM_

CDC Votes!  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

End of an era.

Lets hope that honesty and ethics can be brought back to BC politics.  Sickening to see what politics has stooped to in BC. 

Pathetic. 

I hope you are correct my friend. I'm very suspicious of the NDP from living in Sask and NS, but here's hoping somethings different this time. 

This was a hard one for me, I'm Liberal philosophically but Clark was a train wreck. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I hope you are correct my friend. I'm very suspicious of the NDP from living in Sask and NS, but here's hoping somethings different this time. 

This was a hard one for me, I'm Liberal philosophically but Clark was a train wreck. 

Hope is something all of BC needs right now.  We are in a real estate  disaster in our province  for our young people.  Wages have not kept pace and we have the highest child poverty in Canada.

BC needs hope as right now  all we seem to be getting is PAIN .   Liberals have helped destroy the middle class of BC and families are suffering to pay rent and provide food for their families.

I don't know if NDP / Greens are the answer but i do know that BC NEEDED CHANGE. 

5 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

CC and her gang are NOT  Liberals by any stretch of the imagination. 

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

CC and her gang are NOT  Liberals by any stretch of the imagination. 

about 1/2 are Lib or so, 1/2 con. Its one of those bitter pill things for me. Most of the time I firmly believe in voting for the party thats going to get the most people working and helping to foster new industry, but Clark went over the top on the con philosophy. This stuff at the end with the throne speech and asking the LG for an election is just embarrassing. 

Here is the link to the story

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/john-horgan-s-ndp-to-form-government-in-b-c-1.3481429

and her quote " Clark said she asked Guichon to dissolve the legislature to allow for an election because of her concerns over how the house will operate, but her request was denied. "

So much for her promises - and its not just her .... tonight every BC Liberal member wears this as they supported her

Yah if the Libs trigger an election any time soon they are toast ......

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hope is something all of BC needs right now.  We are in a real estate  disaster in our province  for our young people.  Wages have not kept pace and we have the highest child poverty in Canada.

BC needs hope as right now  all we seem to be getting is PAIN .   Liberals have helped destroy the middle class of BC and families are suffering to pay rent and provide food for their families.

I don't know if NDP / Greens are the answer but i do know that BC NEEDED CHANGE. 

yah the housing thing is crucial to deal with right now. I'm hopeful that Roberston and the other mayors can get to work with the NDP on this asap. There are great ideas out there and a lot of innovations to try well beyond a foreign buyer tax (which won't do much). We need mixed social housing for sure, but we also need to incentivize developers to make more affordable condo's. It can be done. 

What Horgan can't do is kill jobs at the same time tho.

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

about 1/2 are Lib or so, 1/2 con. Its one of those bitter pill things for me. Most of the time I firmly believe in voting for the party thats going to get the most people working and helping to foster new industry, but Clark went over the top on the con philosophy. This stuff at the end with the throne speech and asking the LG for an election is just embarrassing. 

Hopefully the NDP can give small business and individuals a  tax cut and get the economy going even better.  Small business is the key and  we need to stop wasting Millions on Mega Projects that are not needed.    Small business in BC is where the job growth should be focused on. 

1 minute ago, iwtl said:

Here is the link to the story

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/john-horgan-s-ndp-to-form-government-in-b-c-1.3481429

and her quote " Clark said she asked Guichon to dissolve the legislature to allow for an election because of her concerns over how the house will operate, but her request was denied. "

So much for her promises - and its not just her .... tonight every BC Liberal member wears this as they supported her

Yah if the Libs trigger an election any time soon they are toast ......

thats why tomorrow the knives will be out. Today was an embarrassment. She should have stepped aside with grace in the LGs office. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

It's the same old collection of Liberals, Progressive Conservatives and bible belt Socreds that Bill Bennett cobbled together in 1975. Only the names have changed; it's still an anti NDP free enterprise coalition. In my opinion the left is now in a place where they need to make the same calculation. I have my doubts though that they are capable of such practical thinking.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully the NDP can give business and individuals a  tax cut and get the economy going even better.  Small business is the key and  we need to stop wasting Millions on Mega Projects that are not needed.    Small business in BC is where the job growth should be focused on. 

I could totally be remembering this wrong, but wasn't Horgan's plan to pay for his promises by increasing business / corporate taxes?

2 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

It's the same old collection of Liberals, Progressive Conservatives and bible belt Socreds that Bill Bennett cobbled together in 1975. Only the names have changed; it's still an anti NDP free enterprise coalition. In my opinion the left is now in a place where they need to make the same calculation. I have my doubts though that they are capable of such practical thinking.

yah probably not. But if Horgan can actually find a way to be pro-business he may have a chance, but that secret ballot thing really makes me worry about whats going to happen to business here. 

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Hopefully the NDP can give small business and individuals a  tax cut and get the economy going even better.  Small business is the key and  we need to stop wasting Millions on Mega Projects that are not needed.    Small business in BC is where the job growth should be focused on. 

If Horgan knocks off stuff like trying to change the secret ballot process for unions that would be a good start! I think tho he will have his hands full for the next while, he's made some big promises. 

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

thats why tomorrow the knives will be out. Today was an embarrassment. She should have stepped aside with grace in the LGs office. 

The libs would be smart to volunteer a speaker as a means of accepting blame for misleading the public on calling for a snap election ... It would now be in their best interest to have a year or 2 to regroup after what I expect is about to implode over at the BC Liberal party HQ

5 minutes ago, iwtl said:

The libs would be smart to volunteer a speaker as a means of accepting blame for misleading the public on calling for a snap election ... It would now be in their best interest to have a year or 2 to regroup after what I expect is about to implode over at the BC Liberal party HQ

honestly I think this was Clark acting on her own in the moment, or maybe getting bad advice from people in the party that want her gone. There is a risk to the NDP on this tho, if the Libs win a by-election in the next 2 years and they already have their speaker in place then its simpler for a takeover. 

I'm really surprised she did that. 

23 minutes ago, canucks.bradley said:

As long as they don't screw up the economy... and they better not crash housing

The housing crash is inevitable no matter who is in power.

Pinning the blame for that on the ndp would be like blaming a baker for your being fat

57 minutes ago, canucks.bradley said:

As long as they don't screw up the economy... and they better not crash housing

If you have kids health problems or don't make alot of money and rent you will be fine.

Archived