The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Eichel won't re-sign with Sabres if Dan Bylsma remains head coach

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

I just wonder how Murray feels about being publicly given an ultimatum by a 20 year old? If this was Virtanen - granted he's a tier below JE - I would think Benning would find him a new home pretty quick. If it was Bo... sheesh, that's a tough one. Doesn't it open the door for other guys to make demands?

And is he really that bad of a coach? Seems to me we'd probably give him a solid look if he was on the market. 

goodluck getting more than a 2nd round pick for Virtnanen.. At which point, it is best to keep him. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

I just wonder how Murray feels about being publicly given an ultimatum by a 20 year old? If this was Virtanen - granted he's a tier below JE - I would think Benning would find him a new home pretty quick. If it was Bo... sheesh, that's a tough one. Doesn't it open the door for other guys to make demands?

And is he really that bad of a coach? Seems to me we'd probably give him a solid look if he was on the market. 

Probably not the coach for a team with young players.

From the Buffalo News:

[...] The GM knows he wants changes in the player-coach relationship, including more communication from the coaches.

“Maybe they can put a coffee in their hand once in a while and do two hours of video instead of three and get out and get to know our players, talk to our players,” Murray said. “It’s about coaching individuals a little more and coaching system a little less.

Provided he isn't locker room cancer, Eichel is better than any player in this year's draft. In reality, he's probably the 1st overall pick in any draft in the last 10 years with the exception of McDavid. Even if we win the lottery, I'd trade 1st overall + 33rd overall for Eichel in a heartbeat, or even 1st overall + one of out top D for Eichel and Minnesota's 1st.

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not a chance in hell. Horvat's the man, and only getting better.

Gotta disagree with you there.  As much as Bo has improved, Jack undoubtedly has the higher upside.  He outscored Bo in fewer games played and from his draft year was already touted as basically a "generational" talent, alongside Connor McDavid.  As good as Horvat is and will grow to become (already a low-end 1st line center), he'll likely top out as a Ryan O'Reilly (who is excellent in his own right) while Jack should at least become Seguin or better, an elite true #1 center who can shoulder a team's offensive load and be a difference maker.  In depth charts Jack would rank above Bo, no question, and while Bo would likely become an all-around force you just don't pass up on "generational" if you had the chance to get them.  

I may be in the minority, but I don't feel that Eichel will ever be the "Generational" talent that he has been billed to be.  I think he will be a great player, but more in Stamkos class than Crosby/Ovechkin/McDavid/Matthews.  With that said, I can't think of a player of his potential and age that has been traded since Eric Lindros.  It would cost something along the lines of your best young player, your best prospect, and a 1st to even get Buffalo to consider trading him.  In our case, I think you are looking at Tanev or Horvat +Boesser or Joulevi+ our 1st in 2017.  I just don't feel that this would be worth it in any way for us.

2 hours ago, The Sedge said:

Not a great look for a young player, regardless of how he feels about his coach.  Jack should watch what he says.

Exactly,

If you're not happy with the coach keep your mouth shut, play hard and when its time to re-sign if he's still here demand a trade for personal reasons - makes me think either

1. He didn't say it and its media bs

2. He's got way to big of a chip on his shoulder for a kid who's only been in the league for 2 years - zero class and maturity if so

21 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't feel that Eichel will ever be the "Generational" talent that he has been billed to be.  I think he will be a great player, but more in Stamkos class than Crosby/Ovechkin/McDavid/Matthews.  With that said, I can't think of a player of his potential and age that has been traded since Eric Lindros.  It would cost something along the lines of your best young player, your best prospect, and a 1st to even get Buffalo to consider trading him.  In our case, I think you are looking at Tanev or Horvat +Boesser or Joulevi+ our 1st in 2017.  I just don't feel that this would be worth it in any way for us.

You're overrating Eichel based on media and his draft position

Horvat straight across is equivalent as you gain character and pretty much the same amount of points (right now) and 2 way play. Not that I'd do it but that's the equivalent trade

No chance you have to give up 3 players for a kid whos put up 55-60 pts -  one of which has already done the same and the others may hit those marks too

30 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Gotta disagree with you there.  As much as Bo has improved, Jack undoubtedly has the higher upside.  He outscored Bo in fewer games played and from his draft year was already touted as basically a "generational" talent, alongside Connor McDavid.  As good as Horvat is and will grow to become (already a low-end 1st line center), he'll likely top out as a Ryan O'Reilly (who is excellent in his own right) while Jack should at least become Seguin or better, an elite true #1 center who can shoulder a team's offensive load and be a difference maker.  In depth charts Jack would rank above Bo, no question, and while Bo would likely become an all-around force you just don't pass up on "generational" if you had the chance to get them.  

He's not generational talent and your comparison suggests it (a good one) - Seguin, All star, excellent offensive player but not a generational talent

Plus you're taking a cancer if this kid REALLY made this demand/ultimatum - what GM or coach will want him if he can mouth off and get people fired? That's what lowers his trade value now.

I'd never trade Bo for him one for one- Bo is brings more to a franchise (when you consider character, leadership, 2 way play, and obviously maturity, etc)

1 minute ago, Boeser6 said:

You're overrating Eichel based on media and his draft position

Horvat straight across is equivalent as you gain character and pretty much the same amount of points (right now) and 2 way play. Not that I'd do it but that's the equivalent trade

No chance you have to give up 3 players for a kid whos put up 55-60 pts -  one of which has already done the same and the others may hit those marks too

I think I am one of the few who don't buy into the hype around him.  I do think he will be a star player, but not at that generational level.  I didn't say that I would trade those three pieces for Eichel, I simply said that would be what it take to get him.  Buffalo laughs if you only offer Horvat, as 29 other team will blow that offer away.

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think I am one of the few who don't buy into the hype around him.  I do think he will be a star player, but not at that generational level.  I didn't say that I would trade those three pieces for Eichel, I simply said that would be what it take to get him.  Buffalo laughs if you only offer Horvat, as 29 other team will blow that offer away.

fair enough but i dont think any teams would blow that away in quality - quantity sure but you're not getting from any team a player as good as Horvat plus a 1st and the teams best offensive prospect for Eichel - no team is going to make that move

Horvat or equiv - 60-70 pts

Boeser 60-70 pts (potential)

1st rounder who knows but could have the same impact

No team is trading 180-210 pts for 85 -that gets people fired

Archived