The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Eichel won't re-sign with Sabres if Dan Bylsma remains head coach

48 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Gotta disagree with you there.  As much as Bo has improved, Jack undoubtedly has the higher upside.  He outscored Bo in fewer games played and from his draft year was already touted as basically a "generational" talent, alongside Connor McDavid.  As good as Horvat is and will grow to become (already a low-end 1st line center), he'll likely top out as a Ryan O'Reilly (who is excellent in his own right) while Jack should at least become Seguin or better, an elite true #1 center who can shoulder a team's offensive load and be a difference maker.  In depth charts Jack would rank above Bo, no question, and while Bo would likely become an all-around force you just don't pass up on "generational" if you had the chance to get them.  

While Eichel has demonstrated excellent ability and poise with the puck, I don't think you can define either players "ceilings" without giving it a couple more seasons. Bo has already outgrown the labels placed on him easily, and continues to grow as a player.

And if there happens to be any legitimacy to the rumours mentioned in this thread, Eichel is flirting with primadonna territory, and that never works out well for a player at all.

As well, from a physicality perspective (playoffs), Bo is built like a tank, and isn't afraid to dust it up. Eichel? Not so much.

What Eichel would be worth and what Murray would expect him to be worth are probably miles apart. For teams in our position you can't gut your whole future for Eichel. Other teams can afford to overpay if they ever want to trade him (unlikely at best).

I think this rumour needs a bit more teeth to be taken at face value.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Eichel has that franchise by the balls. He is a future top 10 player and knows his worth to the franchise.

Wouldn't guarantee him as a future top 10 player just yet. IF he did say this, there's major character flaws and that's a major warning sign IMO

If we're really going to do this thing

I'd offer Juolevi or Boeser and our 2017 1st and 2nd for him possibly the CBJ 2nd as well

Then match him against McJesus 5 times a year and remind him that McJesus and Draisatl cost him millions in bonus money this year ever chance I got

5 minutes ago, apollo said:

Wouldn't guarantee him as a future top 10 player just yet. IF he did say this, there's major character flaws and that's a major warning sign IMO

Look at all the people on here who wanted E Kane for a huge payment. People don't care about character flaws or attitude problems if a young player is talented. Until they feel it when that player does it to their team of course.

If Eichel did this I hope Murray decides to Yzerman him. Probably won't as he is the McDavid consolation prize after Murray practically considered murdering his entire team so they would lose enough to get McDavid.

I gained huge respect for Yzerman beating down Drouin the way he did. Someone with no leverage (like Eichel who will still be an RFA) should have no leg to stand on if crap like this goes on.

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As well, from a physicality perspective (playoffs), Bo is built like a tank, and isn't afraid to dust it up. Eichel? Not so much.

Eichel is a gym rat, he was an absolute beast at the draft combine. Probably one of the fittest players in the game already. Bo uses his size more than Eichel does but I am not sure there would be much of a difference in their strength.

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If we're really going to do this thing

I'd offer Juolevi or Boeser and our 2017 1st and 2nd for him possibly the CBJ 2nd as well

Then match him against McJesus 5 times a year and remind him that McJesus and Draisatl cost him millions in bonus money this year ever chance I got

Horvat, Juolevi, 1st and 2 (2nd's) LOL get er done. Franchise player lololololol 

50 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not so much, Eichel is arguably more of a tank than Bo. No slight against Bo here, but you have no idea what you're going on about.

One of the most significant aspects of Eichel's capabilities is that he's a physical specimen, much like Laine. 

1 hour ago, Boeser6 said:

You're overrating Eichel based on media and his draft position

Horvat straight across is equivalent as you gain character and pretty much the same amount of points (right now) and 2 way play. Not that I'd do it but that's the equivalent trade

No chance you have to give up 3 players for a kid whos put up 55-60 pts -  one of which has already done the same and the others may hit those marks too

A kid who put up nearly a point per game (24-33-57 in 61gp) and 36 pts in the last 33 games. Eichel is already a top end 1C, and they don't come around very often. 

29 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Look at all the people on here who wanted E Kane for a huge payment. People don't care about character flaws or attitude problems if a young player is talented. Until they feel it when that player does it to their team of course.

If Eichel did this I hope Murray decides to Yzerman him. Probably won't as he is the McDavid consolation prize after Murray practically considered murdering his entire team so they would lose enough to get McDavid.

I gained huge respect for Yzerman beating down Drouin the way he did. Someone with no leverage (like Eichel who will still be an RFA) should have no leg to stand on if crap like this goes on.

This! No player especially an RFA should pretend to be the general manager.

Even if he were to be come available I don't think we've got the necessary depth to acquire him. He'd cost us some pretty big pieces. But I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing depending on what the team envisions going forward.

But we'll likely be bottom feeders for another few years with or without Jack.

25 minutes ago, TheSecretIsMe said:

Not so much, Eichel is arguably more of a tank than Bo. No slight against Bo here, but you have no idea what you're going on about.

Bo Horvat - 6'0" 223 lbs

Jack Eichel - 6'2" 202 lbs

19-20 lbs. is a considerable difference. But thanks for coming out David Coverversion.

25 minutes ago, TheSecretIsMe said:

One of the most significant aspects of Eichel's capabilities is that he's a physical specimen, much like Laine. 

Actually the most common mention of Eichel's skills is his ability move the puck deftly, his accurate shot, and his hockey IQ, all of which are excellent.

Tons of scouts remarked on the need for Eichel to fill out his "projectable frame".

Once again, thank you Stormbringer.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I kind of like that this kid hates losing as much as he does. I would love the Canucks to be more like that.

And he must hate all the stories written about him in Buffalo too. I think Horvat, Stecher, Tryamkin, and the other younger guys on the Canucks feel the same way. Just have to wait another year for complacency to wane.

Archived