The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia - Pike's Place Market Murder [MAFIA WIN!] - New Game Sign up in Progress

T-rex930

7 hours ago, Zfetch said:

BW started strong and has now disappeared. If I were mafia I'd probably reverse that activity. This round is pivotal to see how he acts.

Armbar I feel is TP but the more and more he is inactive and the more that everyone is calling him out without voting him is making me wary of him. I am starting to think he could be mafia.

Idk bout Diesel. Gut says mafia head says not. He's a coin flip imo. 

Re: BW - that's fairly circumstantial logic. Mafia definitely will come out swinging then fade into the background over time, especially if the Town is not on their case. We haven't been on BW's at all.

Re: Armbar - I'd love to vote for him, but I don't think there's the support present to do it, as J23 is a more obvious choice. Why did you think he was TP?

Re: Diesel - yeah, coin flip, I agree.

6 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

My earlier thought was Arm, J23 possible Mafia.

No, that was my thought...

6 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

It's not that he's necessarily been that scummy but nothing he says seems very genuine.

Up until this round I would have disagreed. From the little he had posted I felt he was being genuine. But his last few posts are making me rapidly reconsider.

Vote J23 

Someone convince me who's scummier: Arm or Diesel.

Nothing from Arm is that great this game and after looking back, this post is horrendous. I know he's a good player and I really can't imagine him doing that as town when it makes no sense because A) Doughty was pretty scummy B). His reasoning that the bandwagon "picked up too easily" is flawed because bandwagons on scum can pick up just as fast when there's bussing involved (which was the case here). C) There wasn't even a better choice and he ended up re-joining the bandwagon anyways lol. 

Honestly I also wouldn't be surprised if Arm was intentionally trying to get a "TWTBW" read based on his voting behavior wtr to Doughty. I know I'm flip-flopping from my initial thoughts on this but I think there has to be a really strong chance that Arm is scum. 

Since you answered my Q, I'll do the same.

8 hours ago, Zfetch said:

MR, why are you not mafia?

Because I've actually been trying to solve the game. (Good) TP actually try to do that, whereas Mafia just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks. I feel it should be clear from my posts by now that I'm actively trying to root out the scum.

1 minute ago, Master Radishes said:

Since you answered my Q, I'll do the same.

Because I've actually been trying to solve the game. (Good) TP actually try to do that, whereas Mafia just throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks. I feel it should be clear from my posts by now that I'm actively trying to root out the scum.

Tell me honestly Radish, have you done the thing where you call out a teammate for lurking before (as scum). I felt a bit of déjà vu when you did that but I'm not sure if that was you or someone else. 

This game is killing me.

Everyone could be mafia. Only 2 or 3 are. But nobody knows how many are aside from those who are. Which one of SK/Vig is still alive? Who is it..

At this point I feel the only safe way for the TP to win is if everybody died but me.

8 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Tell me honestly Radish, have you done the thing where you call out a teammate for lurking before (as scum). I felt a bit of déjà vu when you did that but I'm not sure if that was you or someone else. 

I do call out scum for lurking (in early rounds). But if you're referring to DC, that's not why I voted for him. It was for his behaviour.

Brb though, commuting to work.

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Why am I not being pressed by anybody at all? Like I haven't even been that towny this game. I'm guessing the mafia team has given up on the possibility of ever lynching and is basically treating me like a confirmed TP. Can't say I hate it. :P

I've wanted to give your posts a good scan, but haven't had the time. If we both somehow survive to tomorrow, you can rest assured I'll be pressing you. 

1 hour ago, Beluga Whale said:

Vote J23 

Someone convince me who's scummier: Arm or Diesel.

Nothing from Arm is that great this game and after looking back, this post is horrendous. I know he's a good player and I really can't imagine him doing that as town when it makes no sense because A) Doughty was pretty scummy B). His reasoning that the bandwagon "picked up too easily" is flawed because bandwagons on scum can pick up just as fast when there's bussing involved (which was the case here). C) There wasn't even a better choice and he ended up re-joining the bandwagon anyways lol. 

Honestly I also wouldn't be surprised if Arm was intentionally trying to get a "TWTBW" read based on his voting behavior wtr to Doughty. I know I'm flip-flopping from my initial thoughts on this but I think there has to be a really strong chance that Arm is scum. 

I would've said Arm for his track record on the DC vote (his original vote wasn't even particularly justified, and then he tried to back off and push other votes). But diesel has been doing his best lately to convince me otherwise. And now he has a late bandwagon vote on J23 after humming and hawing all round...

Archived