The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

Definitely a blow to lose a guy like Tryamkin, and a blow to the one area of the team where we had true depth.

With the prospect of losing Sbisa, this makes Gudbranson all the more valuable to the team. 

A starting 6 of: Edler-Stecher - Hutton-Guddy - Juolevi-Tanev is not terrible by any means but depth will be an issue the minute someone gets hurt.

I'm still really high on Brisebois, who has kind of been forgotten about by Canuck nation, but outside of him and AHL call ups like Subban or Pedan, there is a huge hole.

16 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Go from giant to dwarf?

At this point without Tryamkin:

Edler/Tanev

Hutton/Gudbranson

Sbisa/Stecher

Frankly I'll be surprised if Subban ever dresses for a game. if you struggle with the defensive side in the AHL you'll likely never make the NHL.

Expansion - will Benning make a deal with Vegas to not take Sbisa.

Also no longer in position to trade a D for a F anymore.  

Those blaming management for losing Tryamkin are out to lunch.  I'm really sad to see him take-off, but you can't say the warning signs weren't there.

1) contract with a "bolt-to-KHL-clause"

2) shows up to camp out of shape, refuses to take a short conditioning stint in utica

3) makes no effort to learn to speak english while he's playing here

In the end it's his decision.  I wasn't happy with Willie's coaching decisions this year, but you don't give a young rookie player extra ice-time because they are pouting.  

Really strange he didn't give the team a chance to bring in a new coach, if that truly was the issue.

Even more so given that Benning and Linden have said that they want to play the kids more.......

He doesn't get to play the first ten games he arrives. Okay, that sucks. But that was like six months ago. Seriously still holding onto that grudge? Don't like how your ice time was handled? You do know that the team just fired their coach, right?

This is not management's fault. If this is how Tryamkin reacts to a little adversity, I don't want him around when the team actually has a shot at winning and needs him to step up. 

It sucks, but this is the risk you take with young Russkies nowadays. When Val Nichushkin decided to leave here for the KHL all my Stars friends were pissed just like we are now. Unless you have a situation like Kuznetzov being mentored by Ovie in WA these things are going to happen. I am sure Goldy might have helped a little once he got here, but even he seems pretty domesticated. Also, there seems to be more stability with the Russian kids that play a year or two of juniors in the CHL prior to going to the NHL. It allows them the chance to adjust to the NA game, way of life and language prior to being thrown to the wolves in the NHL. You could tell Try was overwhelmed at times. 

You guys are ridiculous. Russians always bolt. This has nothing to do with the organization besides maybe Willie to a point, but he's gone now.

The kid always wanted to go back home, if he would have stayed then he would have stayed.

Can't fault management cause the bear was homesick.

This really sucks though 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I guess Juolevi will get a real shot next year. 

I'm hoping Alzner can come home, there's no way WSH can keep all of Shattenkirk/Alzner/Oshie. 

Wouldn't count on it - he will more likely choose to go to a legit contender.

btw Shattenkirk is not staying in Washington - his team of choice is apparently NYR.

Archived