The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Benning forgot the "Russian factor" when we drafted him LOL. At least he wasnt a 1st round pick. Man imagine Goldy does the same in the future

I believe he knew the Russian factor. He just took a chance with a 3rd round pick.

He isn't the first Russian to pull this stunt.  I'm very disappointed in him.  His excuse doesn't make me feel sympathy for him.  He was a rookie who expected to suddenly  be a heavy minutes guy and that's not how the NHL works.  This stuff sours me to Russian players.

6 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Him leaving speaks SERIOUSLY about the problems in this organization. A total disaster.

Really glad I did not renew my full season tickets, because this just basically put a nail in the coffin for this team next year.

Not really, it only reinforces the idea that Russians aren't truly interested in playing here unless they're given everything they want.

But glad you get to pimp your thread, bro.

I'm stumped reading the part where he was thinking of leaving when he sat for ten straight games but couldn't due to contract and not enjoying his lack of ice time..

Willie is #notmycoach but I do believe in not feeling entitled, but due to the situation and the caliber of a player present, do you just give him what he wants or just end up in a situation like this?

Just now, MrCanuck94 said:

I'm stumped reading the part where he was thinking of leaving when he sat for ten straight games but couldn't due to contract and not enjoying his lack of ice time..

Willie is #notmycoach but I do believe in not feeling entitled, but due to the situation and the caliber of a player present, do you just give him what he wants or just end up in a situation like this?

You might set a bad example. What if other youngsters begin to feel more entitled. That would present a very bad situation.

Still though lost potential but we all knew the Russian factor.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You might set a bad example. What if other youngsters begin to feel more entitled. That would present a very bad situation.

Still though lost potential but we all knew the Russian factor.

i wonder if goldy will leave in a couple years or whenever his contract is up LOL

Well this certainly sucks big time.

22 year olds shouldn't be bitching about ice time. The last 22 year old we had who bitched about his ice time was Cody Hodgson. He bounced out of the league.

As sad as I am to lose him and his potential. You cannot have guys with his "me first" attitude in your locker room. They are a cancer.

I guess now we can stop with all the Tanev trade threads.

Archived