• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Honeydews

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

i wonder if goldy will leave in a couple years or whenever his contract is up LOL

He committed to NA as a junior though and even played a season in Finland right after the OHL.

He seems more committed. His development path implies as such.

I don't see him bolting without giving the NHL a real shot, a shot much more significant than Tryamkin's tenure here.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Well this certainly sucks big time.

22 year olds shouldn't be bitching about ice time. The last 22 year old we had who bitched about his ice time was Cody Hodgson. He bounced out of the league.

As sad as I am to lose him and his potential. You cannot have guys with his "me first" attitude in your locker room. They are a cancer.

I guess now we can stop with all the Tanev trade threads.

Tbh I don't think Tryamkin is a "me first" kind of guy, he always cared about the team and his teammates

I guess it comes down Russia being able to give him something we couldn't, being able to play more games and make more money in your own country with the ice time you desire.

And you never know, he's also married now, family can be a big influence.

Edited by MrCanuck94
  • Upvote 3

Man, this sucks.  I absolutely hate that he's leaving, but I can't dislike the guy for it.   There are a lot of factors in making a decision like that - including family, culture, and even language.   The fact that he still uses a translator after more than a year here says something in itself.  I had to learn a language that I had never even heard before at the age of 33, and it took me about a year and a half to become reasonably fluent.  After a year, you should most definitely be able to answer simple questions and express yourself - even if it isn't perfect.  Maybe being sat at the beginning and not really understanding why made him lose interest in "fitting in" or really immersing himself in the culture and learning the language.

Or it could just be family related. Who knows?
Great player. Wish him the best, but really really wish it was with the Canucks instead of in Russia!

2 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Tbh I don't think Tryamkin is a "me first" kind of guy, he always cared about the team and his teammates

I guess it comes down Russia being able to give him something we couldn't, being able to play more and make more money in your own country with the ice time you desire.

And you never know, he's also married now, family can be a big influence.

If you care about your team and your team mates do you show up out of shape and then refuse a conditioning stint? To me that reeks of entitlement.

I do think you're right about him preferring Russia. He's signed with his home city and can be close to family, friends etc.

• Upvote 1

Wow, not having Tryamkin next season is gonna suck, he was my favorite player and was most of the reason I tuned in every night. Maybe ice time wasn't the only reason he decided to go back home? I mean coming to a new country at 21, recently getting married, and experiencing the whole culture shock he might have felt going home was a better option. Whatever it may be I just hope he comes back more mature and ready.

Edited by Nagra
  • Upvote 2

That sucks, he was one of the few exciting, bright spots to watch, really going to miss seeing big hits like this..

SpotlessAmbitiousBarasingha-size_restric

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Upvote 4

I think this is more a family decision than a hockey decision.

Hope everything is good for him and he can return to the NHL in a couple years to help this team.

• Upvote 3

So there goes the plan to trade a D for a F.

Now because of expansion the team might even be down to 5 regular Ds.

Sigh- this kid was really one of the new core I was excited to watch grow and develop - so much talent in him.

Could be many reasons, ice time, family, language or something no one has talked about, maybe the Nucks weren't offering enough money and the KHL came in heavily over the top to the point Try couldn't say no. When something like this comes out of left field, there's more too it than Ice time. And TBH given the injuries he did get quite a bit other than PP time - so that really can''t be the issue - Maybe the lack of PP time kept his point totals down, thus bonuses, then a bad offer from the Nucks and he bolts? that hangs together more than I didn't play enough.

To me this is a MAJOR fail by Linden and Benning who I have been supportive of. You have a Chara 2.0 in your stable and potentially better and you let him bolt? You have to do whatever you can to keep him, including overpaying

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I trust in JB and TL's decisions but they need a coach who will do what their trades and moves say.

Why?

5 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Why?

From the sounds of things management aren't the reason we lost Tryamkin, it's the lack of ice-time which is all up to the coaches - WD and defensive coaches. When you bring in a player like Tryamkin from the KHL and promise him minutes and a possible top-4 responsibility, it's useless having a coach who doesn't play him for the first 10 games and then uses him as a 6th defenceman.

• Upvote 4

Here's the translated version of his interview -seems family and how he was handled by coaches were an issue - but that latter point is odd since new coaches. Maybe he just had his limit and didn't even tell management he was looking to go home? Who knows - fail though by the whole Canucks Org to lose this kid - too much potential and too important for our future to have just let him walk

https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Feanews.ru%2Fnews%2Fsport%2FNikita_Tryamkin__Ya_rad_chto_vernulsya_v_Ekaterinburg_20_04_2017%2F&edit-text=&act=url

13 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

this management is incompetent

You may be right..you may be wrong..I don't think that there's anything they could have done about it either way..Reading between the lines on his statement,he wasn't happy about his ice time (in his first true year in the NHL),he didn't enjoy the experience..and his family (wife maybe..?) decided it was in his best interests to go back to Russia.

This is the risk you take when you are drafting Russian players directly from Russia...Alot different from a player like Goldobin who played junior here,

• Upvote 1