The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

2 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

It seems the Canucks may need to look to free agency to get a solid #6,7,8 d-man this year. 

Subban should get a shot at replacing Larsen but without Tram-man and the potential loss of Sbisa, this team suddenly needs some depth again at d.

After Shattenkirk, who wont be coming here, there really isn't any outstanding UFA D this year. So there won't be anything but maybe a depth signing at best. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2018/caphit/all/defense/ufa

2 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Not really.....we screwed up so bad with him.

We tried to get him to the AHL first so that he could develop and PHILIP LARSEN could play. 

Philip Larsen who also left to the KHL. Philip Larsen who is laughably bad.

Asking players to undergo a conditioning stint to get into game shape is in no way 'screwing up'. 

12 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Dial 911, get the fire department out.

You will find all the "employees" now.

The "hate", "traitor", "#6 or 7", "family", "he lied", ....comments all from Canuck media personnel.

Just read his comments, why would he lie? Now mis-management is saying they offered him a two year deal, Family? On his grandfather was at the airport. How much did they offer him? When did serious negotiations start? Were they trying to hard ball him? Did he call their bluff, happened fast enough, supposed to be a decision made within the last 24 hours.

584979ae0b9a8_jmo1434l1.jpg.0aecd6c2a09cfc6e849d59bd05ef8a51[1].jpg

Holy smokes bro, calm down. Put on that tinfoil hat of yours when the media has had some time to actually fully react to this. 

Some of you guys are making it out as if Tryamkin was the second coming of Jesus. He alone wasn't going to save this franchise. 

Just now, Trebreh said:

Exactly... couldn't even enjoy the flames getting swept without a disappointment.  Life as a Canuck fan I guess.

yup, i couldn't care less about their 1st round disaster, i'm still just really disappointed Benning let this fish go. I dunno, maybe it was impossible but f***. Just F***. this really sucks. 

40 minutes ago, Provost said:

I have had employees unexpectedly quit.... and it was absolutely my fault not knowing about it beforehand as it is my job to know.

The likelihood he was pretending all was great just to be an ass and leave is pretty minimal.  He either wasn't communicated with enough, or the organization didn't create an environment where he felt comfortable enough to talk about his issue.

I have experienced a very positive meeting to end the work week with an employee who was responding well to all the question you can ask without infringing on their personal space and who showed zero signs of being unhappy, only to show up the next week with their 2 week notice because over the weekend they had a epiphany and felt the need to make a change in their life.

Absolutely nothing you can do in that kind of a situation. Especially if those seeds of doubt have been growing subconsciously over an entire year.

Benning can't stop Tryamkin from feeling home sick anymore than we can really know the details of what management did or did not say to try and help Tryamkin feel welcome and wanted going forward. I think the team did a good job of trying to get him over here and making him a component of their marketing tells me they viewed him as part of the new core.

Not wanting to do a conditioning stint in the AHL would be a point for tarring and feather if it had been a good ol Canadian boy who had only played 5 games in the NHL and came into camp with improper conditioning ( Hello Virtanen, minus the only 5 NHL games played comment ) .

This whole he was pissed because Larsen got to play and not him argument is also trash. If you want a permanent spot, play well and earn it and never let another player take it away from you, nothing is deserved, everything is earned.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

After Shattenkirk, who wont be coming here, there really isn't any outstanding UFA D this year. So there won't be anything but maybe a depth signing at best. 

Id look at are Michael Del Zotto, Michael Stone, Cody Franson and maybe even Alzner now. But if/whoever we get we can't give them any nmc or ntc. Canucks can't afford to tie themselves down anymore.

4 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

i guess our boy in London who just lost a game 7 will be hitting the gym hard to get ready for September. 

yep well there is definitely going to be a spot open assuming we lose Sbisa or move Edler

Hopefully this is good for his development. It sucks to see him go when he'd be an important member of the roster next season but it's not like the Canucks are going to be competitive for another couple of years so letting him cash in and play big minutes I sn't the worst idea in the world.

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Any suggestion that Benning didn't fully value his potential or make the attempt to resign him fairly is pure nonsense and inflammatory rhetoric.  Only a month or two back he said Tryamkin had the potential to be a top-pairing defenceman in the NHL.  You don't simply cast something like that aside in the attempt to place blame, like the "usual suspects" here are of course trying to do.

Well, Benning's statement seems to speak to Nikita leaving the NHL for personal reasons. Although Nikita's statements speak to the lack of consistent ice time, which would have been nice to see, but WD was lost on the best of days.

50 minutes ago, VancouverStyle said:

What if there is a player with Bure's skillset in the draft? Would you pass on a player like that?

Of course! What kind of nutcase would draft a generational talent if it meant missing out on spending the next 15 years b!@#$ing about how unlucky we are to miss out on drafting the next Bure?

Archived