The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

6 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

This one is on management.  Should have applied a bit more pressure to trade Edler as part of the rebuild.  Sure someone would have taken him for depth into the playoffs.  That would clear some room in the D for Tryamkin.  

It's actually all on Willie. He mind numbingly didn't reward Tryamkin with ice time when he was very clearly our best defenseman. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

With the situation in Vancouver right now the loss of Dorsett is a calamity let alone a BIG, STRONG dman that forced his way onto the team against mis-managment's desires. He might have been Chara to the Sedins, Tryamkin to McDavid.

What are you talking about Dorsett? He's coming back

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

With the situation in Vancouver right now the loss of Dorsett is a calamity let alone a BIG, STRONG dman that forced his way onto the team against mis-managment's desires. He might have been Chara to the Sedins, Tryamkin to McDavid.

Wait, is there some news about Dors too? I thought he was good to go next season?

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Alzner is pretty darn good.

1 minute ago, Boeser6 said:

And a Burnaby boy - EXACTLY what this team needs and allows us to expose edler (too bad we cant sign or try/know prior)

He's 28, tough as nails, great defensive Dman, great shot blocker, leader, and a vet who could still be part of the core when we start making runs in 4 years

Expose/trade edler

Alzner/Tanev

Hutton / Guddy

Sbisa / Stech

Juolevi/Pedan

Happy with that

Alzner is not coming here. He likely has little desire to come to a rebuilding team and we're not shopping at the high end of the UFA market.

2 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

And a Burnaby boy - EXACTLY what this team needs and allows us to expose edler (too bad we cant sign or try/know prior)

He's 28, tough as nails, great defensive Dman, great shot blocker, leader, and a vet who could still be part of the core when we start making runs in 4 years

Expose/trade edler

Alzner/Tanev

Hutton / Guddy

Sbisa / Stech

Juolevi/Pedan

Happy with that

Don't through away Edler for nothing in exposing him. That would just be a waste, if he waives trade him if not keep him for now. Id rather trade Sbisa and Hutton 

Edler-Stetcher

Alzner-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Pedan

hilarious people on here making up they;re own stories like he was homesick or didn't play well enough to beat out sbisa or larsen or beiga,can you read?he said he wasn't happy because the coaches won't play him.he probably thinks all coaches are complete morons like WD.that coach makes me sick just thinking about him.i knew this would happen the way he handles things.what an idiot to create this situation and what a bunch of idiots on cdc to chastise him for being benched by the worst group of idiots in the league.,i'm sure it was a big part of why he was fired,take all the  WD cup supporters with you.no way JB wanted this,he drafted him.take your half wit coach back dallas.  

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Don't through away Edler for nothing in exposing him. That would just be a waste, if he waives trade him if not keep him for now. Id rather trade Sbisa and Hutton 

Edler-Stetcher

Alzner-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Pedan

disagree rather lose edler over sbisa given age and stage of team development

and reality is edler would waive if threatened with being exposed to vegas regardless

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Edler-Stetcher

Alzner-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Pedan

Sitting Gudbranson and cloning Stecher?

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

This is depressing AF news.Our D would have been very strong next season.Gonna have to stop on drafting Russians I guess,they terrible at english in general.Time to look at more Finns or Czechs.

Or Canadians and Americans.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Wait, is there some news about Dors too? I thought he was good to go next season?

Alzner is not coming here. He likely has little desire to come to a rebuilding team and we're not shopping at the high end of the UFA market.

Washington won't be able to afford him, same goes for many contenders. Making around $5 million a year and being a leader for your home town team would sound pretty enticing to Alzner. Not saying it will happen but it's factually incorrect to say he wouldn't have interest in coming here.

4 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

If Pedan is smart he better be working his azz of this summer (not that he's not in good shape) but come into camp the best he's ever been, focus very hard on his defensive responsibilities and he can make up for the loss of Try- he's got the edge we wanted in Try but rarely saw - but needs to keep it simple.

Would love to see that, loved the 'glimpses' of talent we saw from him but apparently only had a so so season in utica. Spot and similar role are there for him now

Yes I hope Pedan sees this as an opportunity and grab it. With the loss of a 6'7 defenseman, management must re-sign him to make up the loss of a physical presence. 

While this is undoubtedly disappointing, Tryamkin is Russian and if he and his family were struggling to settle in Vancouver then he has every right to return home to a place he's familiar with where he can still earn good money. You can't hold it against him. Considering that and the way the situation was handled by Willie at the start of the season, you can see why he's decided to return home.

For those of you implying that he's screwed the organisation over, the world doesn't revolve around North America.

Just now, Pears said:

Washington won't be able to afford him, same goes for many contenders. Making around $5 million a year and being a leader for your home town team would sound pretty enticing to Alzner. Not saying it will happen but it's factually incorrect to say he wouldn't have interest in coming here.

*likely

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

3 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

hilarious people on here making up they;re own stories like he was homesick or didn't play well enough to beat out sbisa or larsen or beiga,can you read?he said he wasn't happy because the coaches won't play him.he probably thinks all coaches are complete morons like WD.that coach makes me sick just thinking about him.i knew this would happen the way he handles things.what an idiot to create this situation and what a bunch of idiots on cdc to chastise him for being benched by the worst group of idiots in the league.,i'm sure it was a big part of why he was fired,take all the  WD cup supporters with you.no way JB wanted this,he drafted him.take your half wit coach back dallas.  

So he should have just said, "Oh hey... my wife doesn't like it here and wants us to head back to Russia.  All her fault guys!  Blame her!"

Archived