The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think the main agreed here is what's done os done. Tree isn't the first and he won't be the last player that doesn't want to play for Vancouver.. It just is what it is. 

I would not be surprised to see him back in the NHL once Vancouver do not have his rights anymore.

That is just a stupid to say.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn't say it was the only reason. I said it was very likely a factor.

Who knows. Could be stuff behind the scenes nobody knows about. 

Anyway u look at it , i think the canucks gave him plenty of opportunity. Could be that he would just rather be at home. Oh well. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn't say it was the only reason. I said it was very likely a factor.

Yes because your hatred of the coach is obsessive.

Even after he is fired you are trying to blame him for something you have no evidence to support. 

Folks talking about the "he came to the season out of shape" angle... I think there are a couple of points to make.

1.  Virtanen came into the season out of shape as well.  All the brass and Green keep talking about how he is getting into shape now in Utica.  Being a 1st rounder, he got the benefit of the doubt and got to hang around for 15 games (he dressed 10) in order to show whether he could play or not.  Tryamkin wasn't given that opportunity, and not getting to be part of bonding with the team early would have made a lot of difference about how invested he felt with the guys.

2.  There is simply no historical formula to follow with what body fat and weight composition is ideal for a guy like him.  More muscle and less fat is always good, but there isn't anything to believe he was unable to play while carrying 15 extra pounds.  A guy like Byfuglien is the closest in body type (not just tall and skinny like most bigger NHL players), and he probably carries 20+ pounds extra going into each season with no ill effects.  Shaq was similar, more like a scaled up version of a normal body type rather than just freakishly tall... he also carried extra weight his whole career.

3.  We didn't have better options than a slightly out of shape Tryamkin. 

He also had to look forward and knowing the only reason he got ice time was the Gudbranson injury.  With Gudbranson coming back, would a new coach put Tryamkin back onto the 3rd pairing?  Who knows.

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Thats true. But I bet CHI or EDM would have found a solution that worked. I've been trying to be a JB supporter but its getting harder.  

Until more details (concrete ones) come out, I can't be sure. Obviously, management realized that Willie wasn't NHL caliber and turfed him as soon as the season was over.

They could have given extensions to Horvat, Tryamkin, and Gudbranson in-season, but it's very possible that Tryamkin had already made up his mind to return to Russia a while back. Can't say for sure.

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

Your post implying Willie being fired is the reason Tryamkin went back home is total rubbish. Everyone and their dog should see Tryamkin was absolutely screwed by Willie. How many times did that idiot throw him under the bus again?

How the hell was he screwed? 

Let's have some evidence.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

"family"

Just read his comments, why would he lie?

Because some men act on man club pride and don't like to admit that a wife is the driving force behind their decision making.  This is speculation on my part, but he just got married and his focus is probably there, first and foremost.  So if she wants to be at home, I'd imagine that's what he wants too.

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Who knows. Could be stuff behind the scenes nobody knows about. 

Anyway u look at it , i think the canucks gave him plenty of opportunity. Could be that he would just rather be at home. Oh well. 

It could be that he knows he won't be in shape for the start of next year. Maybe the life in the K is a lot easier and the conditioning level required is not so stringent.

Probably homesick. A lot of Russian players can't handle being here...too bad, maybe if Willy had been fired last summer he might have came back. Doesn't seem like he as happy with his ice time, but who knows what was lost in translation....

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Until more details (concrete ones) come out, I can't be sure. Obviously, management realized that Willie wasn't NHL caliber and turfed him as soon as the season was over.

They could have given extensions to Horvat, Tryamkin, and Gudbranson in-season, but it's very possible that Tryamkin had already made up his mind to return to Russia a while back. Can't say for sure.

My bet is we don't get any more. They're going to have to be behind a plastic screen if they hold another summer summit :lol: 

All I know is good organizations find ways to keep good people. We may not be able to make a firm pronouncement on this single issue, but if it happens again then we'll have a pretty good idea where the issue is. 

Archived