The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Because no man with any pride readily admits that his wife is the driving force behind his decision making.  This is speculation on my part, but he just got married and his focus is probably there, first and foremost.  So if she wants to be at home, I'd imagine that's what he wants too.

I am not sure about "no man", but Russian culture is generally quite a bit more macho so it is entirely likely he wouldn't say that it was because his wife was unhappy.

Whatever the reason it has to be really compelling to leave several million on the table over the next couple seasons.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

How the hell was he screwed? 

Let's have some evidence.

He was very clearly our best defenseman for a long stretch of the season and yet, Philip Larsen or some other plug for whatever reason would get more ice time. Only a blind person would say otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I am not sure about "no man", but Russian culture is generally quite a bit more macho so it is entirely likely he wouldn't say that it was because his wife was unhappy.

Whatever the reason it has to be really compelling to leave several million on the table over the next couple seasons.

Ha, changed it before I saw this.  I agree.

As of the end of this season Tryamkin looked like a third pair d man - we like to romanticize the idea of him turning out to be a Chara like player but that was pure speculation at this point.   I think that Gudbranson will replace his physicality.

Its too bad that we lost someone with such potential but in my mind the more concerning and immediate aspects to this are:

1. Now management's hands are tied when it comes to moving Tanev for an impact forward

2. Rushing Juolevi.  For the love of @## I hope they dont rush the kid.  I watched some of his Junior games and he was worked in the corners by some of the bigger kids in junior. He looks like he is 1 - 2 years away.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

He was very clearly our best defenseman for a long stretch of the season and yet, Philip Larsen or some other plug for whatever reason would get more ice time. Only a blind person would say otherwise. 

He was never our best defensemen, what are you talking about?

“You look where he is now, and you have to think he did a great job (of handling it),” head coach Willie Desjardins said.

“He wanted to play. He did not want to sit. He was not happy when we didn’t play him.

“I felt, for him to be his best, he had to change his (fitness) to be ready. It’s not that he ever accepted it, but he worked at it and did it.”

1 minute ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

It's stupid because you don't like it? Or because you don't think it will happen?

Just saying it's stupid is in fact stupid ;)

It is stupid to blame everything onto the Canucks. Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world and this club treats their players extremely well. Sometimes things just don't work out or a personality does not fit. Enough of all the stupid drama in the Canuck fan base. We have had some great teams for years and now we will go through some tuff times as we rebuild. Some prospects will fit in and some won't. That is how it is. Tell Horvat that this team and management are terrible. 

Just checked cap friendly to see what we'd have available for next year since we'll probably be looking for a free agent D and saw that we'll be paying Luongo, Hansen and Higgy 2.3 mil combined next season. 

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

As of the end of this season Tryamkin looked like a third pair d man - we like to romanticize the idea of him turning out to be a Chara like player but that was pure speculation at this point.   I think that Gudbranson will replace his physicality.

Its too bad that we lost someone with such potential but in my mind the more concerning and immediate aspects to this are:

1. Now management's hands are tied when it comes to moving Tanev for an impact forward

2. Rushing Juolevi.  For the love of @## I hope they dont rush the kid.  I watched some of his Junior games and he was worked in the corners by some of the bigger kids in junior. He looks like he is 1 - 2 years away.

Even slightly worse than that.

If you could have traded Tanev prior to expansion, you get to protect Sbisa as well.  We are down two top 4 D now as a result.

There "was" a great succession plan that could have sped up our rebuild by a couple of years.

1.  This year... trade Tanev for a top 6 forward, keep Sbisa in expansion:

Leaves:

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tryamkin

Sbisa-Gudbranson

Biega

2.  2018/19.... trade Hutton for a reasonable return and bring in Juolevi when he is more ready:

Leaves:

Edler-Stecher

Sbisa-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Gudbranson

Biega

So now we lose out on a top 6 forward (for Tanev) and a high pick or blue chip prospect (Hutton)... AND have a weaker defence.

11 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Yes because your hatred of the coach is obsessive.

Even after he is fired you are trying to blame him for something you have no evidence to support. 

Did you read the quote from Tryamkin?

Your love of Desjardins clearly clouds any role he had had in screwing up situations for the Canucks.

3 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

He was never our best defensemen, what are you talking about?

“You look where he is now, and you have to think he did a great job (of handling it),” head coach Willie Desjardins said.

“He wanted to play. He did not want to sit. He was not happy when we didn’t play him.

“I felt, for him to be his best, he had to change his (fitness) to be ready. It’s not that he ever accepted it, but he worked at it and did it.”

You were watching a different team/player then. Please tell me, who skated as well, closed off players as well, and hit players harder than Tryamkin did this season? I'll wait. 

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Did you read the quote from Tryamkin?

But hold it...if you actually like Organization you work for but do not like how your boss is treating you, wouldnt you want to stay if they canned the boss?  Blaming this on Willie is short sighted in light of the fact that willie is gone....If anything he should have been motivated to stay now that he has a clean slate.  Theres more to this than having a gripe with 16 minutes a game.

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Blamed him for the loss in Boston. Dont think that had anything to do with him leaving , but willie did throw him under the bus. 

He wasn't using his attributes properly. What is the point of having all that size and not using it. WD said what many coaches have said when a player is not playing to his potential.

All this coach stuff is a crock of s--t. Are people trying to imply Tryamkin was unaware that Willie had been fired? If indeed WD had any was not liked by Try (and I don't think that is the case) that reason was removed when Willie was fired.

Archived