The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

7 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I have no doubt the major partner has some say, but one of the Canucks mis-managment's jobs is to help orientation. No doubt the "wives" helped out, but if family was a problem why didn't the Nucks help out? Bring the family over for a visit (s), I know many people in the Russian community, some have been involved, relatives of NHL hockey players. They love Vancouver.

Because the wife gets a say in that.  And perhaps she was happy staying put?

All speculation, but a newly married guy likely wants to be as close to his wife as possible.  But, when you have a professional career in the wings, you have to make hard decisions and sacrifices.  Could have NOTHING at all to do with his decision, but it's a guess I have.

If he's sulking over ice time, I don't want him here anyhow.  That is NOT a team player...a team player wants the team to do the best and isn't thinking in terms of "what's in it for me?".

7 hours ago, Boeser6 said:

I wonder if this forces JB to leave Edler unprotected now - Sbisa's sandpaper just got more important to us, irrespective of the fact he's young, and already a better player than Edler

I used to really support Edler and thought he was unfairly bashed by Vancouver fans and this year there was alot of pressure on him given the injuries on the back end but he has regressed irrespective of that added pressure. He's only 30, and for Dmen that's peak production time 

If I'm JB I tell him, I'm moving you at the draft or get ready for vegas your choice - but we cant lose Try and Sbisa in the same year unless you want a D softer than butter

Edler would never waive to go to Vegas. He would probably never waive to be traded to another team... maybe if it was a guaranteed spot in the SCF with a contract extension too. But where is that gonna come from?

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is also such a thing as burning a bridge. Maybe Tryamkin felt that it was not Desjardins-specific. I mean they did try to send him to the AHL.

I think all parties bear responsibility here. 

Well it was stupid to try to send him to the AHL when he made it clear in his contract that he would not play there. Contracts are JBs area of expertise and had nothing to do with the coach. The contract was badly set out because any GM worth his salt would have made that clause conditional to his reporting in top condition. Tryamkin/his agent, made a fool of the Canucks.

Quite honestly this all smacks of a Cody Hodgson scenario without father involved (maybe the wife played that part) In any case Tryamkin imo has both an unrealistic opinion of himself and a naive approach to the professional game. There is no way I want any player dictating terms to my Club.

The fact is if the coach had played him at the start of the season, while seriously out of condition he would have embarrassed himself. I recall clearly his breathing out his ass and buckled over after a longer shift at the end of a game, the previous season - and yet instead of that being a wake up call he actually reported to the Canucks after the summer in poor condition.

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It could get ugly especially if Tanbir is allowed to attend.

If Horvat or Gudbranson walks this offseason, and the situation bears any resemblance to Tryamkin's, then it'll be clear that management is screwing up.

riot!!! oh wait... too soon?

I can't see Benning messing up Bo's deal.

Man this is a downer. Only two weeks to wait to drop to 5th. I know, I'm too dark today. Gonna go read some Dostoyevsky to cheer up. 

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Because some men act on man club pride and don't like to admit that a wife is the driving force behind their decision making.  This is speculation on my part, but he just got married and his focus is probably there, first and foremost.  So if she wants to be at home, I'd imagine that's what he wants too.

Far more realistic reason than all the rubbish being posted.

2 minutes ago, jmahyoung said:

Edler would never waive to go to Vegas. He would probably never waive to be traded to another team... maybe if it was a guaranteed spot in the SCF with a contract extension too. But where is that gonna come from?

He doesn't have to waive to go to vegas only NMC have to be protected - NTC (which Edler has) can be exposed 

So the Nucks hold the cards now - tell him we expose you to vegas or you can give us a list of 8 teams and we trade you and waive

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

All speculation, but a newly married guy likely wants to be as close to his wife as possible.  But, when you have a professional career in the wings, you have to make hard decisions and sacrifices.  Could have NOTHING at all to do with his decision, but it's a guess I have.

If he's sulking over ice time, I don't want him here anyhow.  That is NOT a team player...a team player wants the team to do the best and isn't thinking in terms of "what's in it for me?".

The 'wife' is a large part of why Luongo and Jovo went back to sunny US markets.  Jovo's really hated Vancouver....my friend who did a lot of player's wives' hair during that era heard all the gossip...she didn't have a single nice thing to say about either of those ladies.  

Hell Lou's wife lived in Florida while he was here for years....

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

You're on form to-day Deb.

His average time on ice was just under 17 mins.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

This about sums it up best for me:

Bingo.  He just doesn't want it...the reason(s) are immaterial.  I question any athlete who doesn't want to play in the best league and win.  I get having to settle...but if you have the choice....I'm choosing the EPL over the White Caps even for equal pay.  

38 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

you have to have a proper read on your players, and good organizations find way to keep quality players . We obviously don't have all the details but this was clearly a situation where a mid-season extension similar to Huttons was in order. It makes me wonder how in touch Jim is with his players. Linden is looking for Kruger for the front office apparently, and you have to ask why on that as well. 

Does this logic apply to Lamoriello or Poile in the cases of Kovalchuk or Radulov? I think this is Canuck nation taking an opportunity to self-flagellate again when this has been happening to teams for years. 

Tomlinson was on TSN1040 and said that Tryamkin asked him why Benn went after him - he didn't understand because it was a clean hit.  The Canucks apparently played him videos of Pronger to get him to play more with an edge - re WDs' comments on Marchand.  Sounds like Tryamkin was simply not comfortable with the more physical style that they expected him to play re his size. 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

If he's sulking over ice time, I don't want him here anyhow.  That is NOT a team player...a team wants to the team to do the best and isn't thinking of "what's in it for me?".

If I am reading the quotes correctly, she was in Vancouver with him.

As far as icetime, evidently he it wasn't explained as to why he was sat out of games or why he wasn't good enough for the PP or why some players that were not as good as him got more icetime or .....and having mis-management not explain that a new coach might be different rather than the youth and talent bow to seniority, well the Nucks will surely trades his rights now, like I said early in the year, only now for another castaway or bag of pucks, 7 th round pick his year.

You know that 2014 draft, most of the draft player info came from Boston. No joy since.

Archived