The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

7 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Well it was stupid to try to send him to the AHL when he made it clear in his contract that he would not play there. Contracts are JBs area of expertise and had nothing to do with the coach. The contract was badly set out because any GM worth his salt would have made that clause conditional to his reporting in top condition. Tryamkin/his agent, made a fool of the Canucks.

Quite honestly this all smacks of a Cody Hodgson scenario without father involved (maybe the wife played that part) In any case Tryamkin imo has both an unrealistic opinion of himself and a naive approach to the professional game. There is no way I want any player dictating terms to my Club.

The fact is if the coach had played him at the start of the season, while seriously out of condition he would have embarrassed himself. I recall clearly his breathing out his ass and buckled over after a longer shift at the end of a game, the previous season - and yet instead of that being a wake up call he actually reported to the Canucks after the summer in poor condition.

The coach was the one who decided that Larsen was a better option on his defense until injuries forced his hand. 

Tryamkin specifically cites that he had an issue with his ice time and communication from the coaching staff. So as much as you want to

lay all the responsibility on anyone but Desjardins, he clearly started the ball rolling. It sounds like Tryamkin wanted to go back to Russia then and the Canucks somehow wouldn't let him. So maybe to keep him from leaving they promised him something much like they clearly did with how they got him over in the first place.Desjardins not being on board with that is very likely a key to the situation going south.

Its not fair if Tryamkin to expect anything - unless he was promised something to get him to sign and stay. Which we don't know but reading between the lines certainly strongly hints at it.

Just now, mll said:

Tomlinson was on TSN1040 and said that Tryamkin asked him why Benn went after him - he didn't understand because it was a clean hit.  The Canucks apparently played him videos of Pronger to get him to play more with an edge - re WDs' comments on Marchand.  Sounds like Tryamkin was simply not comfortable with the more physical style that they expected him to play re his size. 

That is what I was thinking as well.

14 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Well it was stupid to try to send him to the AHL when he made it clear in his contract that he would not play there.

They asked him to go on a conditioning stint. Nothing more.

3 minutes ago, b3. said:

That is what I was thinking as well.

It's what happens when coaches try to make a player into their vision of him rather than utilize him to his strengths and let him comfortably grow as a player. The Canucks have a long history of doing this. Kassian was another one. And Virtanen. Willie was going down the same path with Goldobin and Boucher. 

Unless a player had both the strength of will to change their game and the ingrained key elements Willie was already looking for, they didn't progress but regressed under him.

Just now, .Naslund said:

This is part of the low key tank that we're planning for next years boys and girls.  Now we'll be forced to play Larsen or something for the whole year, and then Tryamkin will return for the year after next. :)

Go all in for Dahlin!

Larsen also bolted to khl today...were f***d lol

34 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

But hold it...if you actually like Organization you work for but do not like how your boss is treating you, wouldnt you want to stay if they canned the boss?  Blaming this on Willie is short sighted in light of the fact that willie is gone....If anything he should have been motivated to stay now that he has a clean slate.  Theres more to this than having a gripe with 16 minutes a game.

It sounds like Desjardins stubbornness started the ball rolling. That doesn't mean he was solely to blame. I just think it's ridiculous not to take Tryamkin at his word that coaching was a key issue. Maybe he didn't feel like a different coach was going to change the atmosphere and opportunity for him in Van. After the last 5 years I can't imagine why any agent worth his salt would not look at this factor when it comes to the vet vs young guy mantra that Vancouver has been displaying.

8 hours ago, Boeser6 said:

Draft wise, for those who follow it - any big dmen who can skate and provide a physical presence available in the 2nd round on for those who follow?

Upside is, we do have some offensive young dmen in Stech, Juolevi so we're not 'hurting' from the loss of Try's potential upside there. Where we do hurt is the fear and intimidation factor he brought and solid D just because of his skating and reach.

Find us a new Bieksa JB and all will be ok I think - anyone follow the draft close enough / junior and see a player like that?

Rasanen is 6,6 and finnish but i dont know how good his skating is. Prjd 2/3 round

wow I'm heartbroken to hear about this news. he basically kept me on the edge of my seat every game I had a chance to watch but now the team lost a big part of their present and future. hope that he comes back after his contract ends since we still have his rights I believe. going to miss the Tram Slam and his big old slapper. this opens the door for one of Benning's draft picks to come in and earn a spot. maybe that's why we have Guddy in the 1st place. still going to be difficult who we will protect this ED also. hopefully we win the lottery at least or stay and keep #2 to grab Hischier as the organization just lost a key part of the team. the team needs some luck bad and we're due. April 29th here we come. can't stand watching other Canadian teams playing in the playoffs lol

POS that leaves Vancouver is a POS in my books. Maybe he'd get more ice time if he was consistent. 

Never liked this POS from the start... his BS from the start... liking posts of us losing on other teams feeds on instagram... now he bolts out of the worlds most glorious city to some low class dumpster in Russia.

Good riddance.  

Just now, ColeTr11 said:

Rasanen is 6,6 and finnish but i dont know how good his skating is. Prjd 2/3 round

sounds good to me - doesn't even have to be huge like that - give me a player that is 6'3 6'3 215 who plays like Biega / Bieksa and we're good!

9 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

And boom..he's back in Russia..I think its a family matter...I think the culture was a pretty big step for him..IMO

Tryamkin left because he didn't have "pleasure" playing he was away from his lover on long road trips. The grind of the season and being homesick got to him.

He missed Mother Russia. 

In his end of the year press conference he said he didn't have enough down time during the season. NHL was not pleasing experience for comrade Nikita.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

When he specifically negotiated a contract that gave him the ability to say no to the AHL.

Yes the big baby did decline. Even though it would have gotten him in the line-up faster. NHL regulars often go to the AHL on conditioning stints. A conditioning stint has a defined duration, it's not like a demotion.

Maybe he went home because he didn't like the fitness level they expected him to show up in for camp here. You know, another Grabner, doesn't like to work that hard in the off-season.

Archived