• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Honeydews

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Two years at 1.1 mil, no clauses, trips to AHL.

20 mins a game, heard that he was playing 30+ mins in the KHL playoffs with a separated shoulder..

Contract likely has an "out" clause, most do. Terms not out yet.

Pedan certainly would have been a good role model for truculence and communication. The twin towers.

that was the hope, two Russian towers. this opens up a roster spot for Pedan to crack for sure.  You can't have enough D men, look at 2011. As long Tram still wants to play in NHL, nux will still have an asset.

Look at Radulov, back and forth, and him helping Habs quite well now.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-sign-russian-khl-star-alexander-radulov/

We aren't contending for a cup in couple of years, so it's not like we lost the chance to win.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Luck is the result of hard work.

It is hard to tank your right. So was Edmonton working harder at tanking, and that's why they got McDavid? The Luck the acquired from working hard at being bad for so long?

Just another reason to take a serious look at acquiring a mid 1st round pick and use it to take Cal Foote out of Kelowna. Big, mean and can play both sides of the puck very well. Maybe this years second and next years second along with Hutton can get the deal done?  

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Even with your homer schtick taken into account this is way over the line Apollo.

The Canucks are definitely not blameless in this situation.

16 TOI per game as a rookie... he should stick it. Disrespectful, entitled kid over here. Has no respect.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It was better to use ice time as an excuse than say the wife and I miss our mommy's so we're going home. :lol:

I aint even mad.  If he wants to go home for a few years, it's his prerogative.

If he never returns I might be disappointed, but for the time being, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it.

We retain his rights - there's a chance he returns in due course - they lose control of his development process - but there's a good chance he still evolves into a force and a chance he returns a better player.  Until then, I'll leave the drama to the experts.

3 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Welp, Malar/Heiskanen and Dahlin. Here we come.

It's Makar.

31 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Kassian needed to hit bottom and wasn't quite there yet.   An accident was likely the turning point, not anything related to what we didn't do.  It's sad that we gave up on him, but if he hadn't crashed that truck he may still be all over the map.  I am happy he's turned it around, but don't feel him playing more minutes was the key to that.

There is more to a picture and I feel that's the case here.  The day we act on what players demand is the day we will have 30 of them all wanting the same things.  Coaches are in place for a reason.

Coaches fail,. And they are fired, for various reasons.. usually all of those reasons do not give up the truth in matters. That is the "professional" way that has been adopted, and we as fans are supposed to "buy" into..

Ive never heard much about demands from players in this organization,. But have read a lot about confusion.

Kassian by all accounts was confused by Desjardins treatment of him, which I'm sure did not help Zack in his situation at all.

The same confusion Nik had with Desjardins at the start of the season..

There should never be confusion between a player and a Coach..

The Coach is responsible for that, and is always at risk of losing that player mentally, or in the physical sense.

Desjardins did more damage than good here.. and "his way or the highway" approached has obviously worked .

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Just another reason to take a serious look at acquiring a mid 1st round pick and use it to take Cal Foote out of Kelowna. Big, mean and can play both sides of the puck very well. Maybe this years second and next years second along with Hutton can get the deal done?  

Trade one young D man who has already proven himself at the NHL level, plus a chance at 1, maybe 2 more prospects, for Just a chance at a D prospect who in theory may or may not work out? While I agree Cal would be a fantastic addition to our prospect pool, Hutton is not the way to obtain him. 

That's how you oiler a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Sure, he has the right to take his ball and go home. I just find his complaining annoying. For every whiny primadonna there's a dozen prospects dying to get the ice time Tryamkin had

Willie's gone, he would have a fresh start. But hey, I would rather he leave now than have the new coach deal with changing this kid's diaper when he doesn't get his ice time.

That's all fair. I have no idea if his displeasure stems from a lack of icetime or how he was used or anything like that. I actually admire his decision to pack up and go if he doesn't want to be here. It would be nice if we could somehow convince Eriksson to do the same.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cookieeater55 said:

He liked other teams posts wen we lost to them ?!!?!!? 

LOL WHAT ! 

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

What?!

It was in a thread in Canucks talk initially... in October when he was being benched and punk refused to go to the AHL, we lost to Edmonton on the 28th and then Washington on the 29th. 

Oilers account posted "Oilers beat canucks or w.e with the stats" same as Washington the night after they beat us... he "liked" both posts on instagram. 

I can't believe what a child then 21 and now 22 year old is. He's an entitled punk and deserves 0 respect. Opportunities aren't handed, they are earned. 

I wonder how long I would have lasted in my company if I lashed out like a punk 3-4 years ago when I was his age. 

Shows 0 respect to the organization. 

I'm very anti Jimbo, Linden, and relatively anti Willie at the time but they are not to blame for the attitudes of this child trapped in a mans body. Kid's a punk. Plain and simple. 

It was this post I believe... can't see the likes on computer though. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Maybe he should have shown up in shape.....

Doesn't matter.  In case you haven't realized canucks arent really a top prospect producing franchise. We can't afford to watch players not make it. 

We've spent the last 3 years trying to speed up the rebuild at the cost of picks. Which means the players and picks we do have we have to make sure they translate into the NHL. We have less room for error.  I would much rather have a young player happy, learning and enjoying the game vs having no player at all. 

This whole rookies need to earn before they play bs losses teams more talent than it develops. Maybe it's time we try another method. 

Lossing tryamkin is a huge loss to our future. He's not an easy player to replace. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I aint even mad.  If he wants to go home for a few years, it's his prerogative.

If he never returns I might be disappointed, but for the time being, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it.

We retain his rights - there's a chance he returns in due course - they lose control of his development process - but there's a good chance he still evolves into a force and a chance he returns a better player.  Until then, I'll leave the drama to the experts.

Well, you've come to the right place then.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Two years at 1.1 mil, no clauses, trips to AHL.

20 mins a game, heard that he was playing 30+ mins in the KHL playoffs with a separated shoulder..

Contract likely has an "out" clause, most do. Terms not out yet.

Pedan certainly would have been a good role model for truculence and communication. The twin towers.

This has nothing to do with Willy as he is gone.  Much more to do with current management in regards to Tryamkin walking.  The spiralling continues

• Upvote 1

brutal ..  this is incredibly hard to swallow ..

Why is there so much heart break when you love this team ?

Has Linden or Benning spoke on this matter yet? I'm curious as to what they would say about this.

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

That's all fair. I have no idea if his displeasure stems from a lack of icetime or how he was used or anything like that. I actually admire his decision to pack up and go if he doesn't want to be here. It would be nice if we could somehow convince Eriksson to do the same.

:lol:  

"We'll qualify him and retain his rights until the end of the 21-22 season, so hopefully over time he decides to come back." - Benning

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Has Linden or Benning spoke on this matter yet? I'm curious as to what they would say about this.

quotes from Benning literally on the canucks.com front page.