The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Even with your homer schtick taken into account this is way over the line Apollo.

The Canucks are definitely not blameless in this situation.

16 TOI per game as a rookie... he should stick it. Disrespectful, entitled kid over here. Has no respect.

3 minutes ago, Baggins said:

It was better to use ice time as an excuse than say the wife and I miss our mommy's so we're going home. :lol:

I aint even mad.  If he wants to go home for a few years, it's his prerogative.

If he never returns I might be disappointed, but for the time being, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it.

We retain his rights - there's a chance he returns in due course - they lose control of his development process - but there's a good chance he still evolves into a force and a chance he returns a better player.  Until then, I'll leave the drama to the experts.

31 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Kassian needed to hit bottom and wasn't quite there yet.   An accident was likely the turning point, not anything related to what we didn't do.  It's sad that we gave up on him, but if he hadn't crashed that truck he may still be all over the map.  I am happy he's turned it around, but don't feel him playing more minutes was the key to that.

There is more to a picture and I feel that's the case here.  The day we act on what players demand is the day we will have 30 of them all wanting the same things.  Coaches are in place for a reason.

Coaches fail,. And they are fired, for various reasons.. usually all of those reasons do not give up the truth in matters. That is the "professional" way that has been adopted, and we as fans are supposed to "buy" into..

Ive never heard much about demands from players in this organization,. But have read a lot about confusion.

Kassian by all accounts was confused by Desjardins treatment of him, which I'm sure did not help Zack in his situation at all.

The same confusion Nik had with Desjardins at the start of the season..

There should never be confusion between a player and a Coach..

The Coach is responsible for that, and is always at risk of losing that player mentally, or in the physical sense.

Desjardins did more damage than good here.. and "his way or the highway" approached has obviously worked .

3 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Just another reason to take a serious look at acquiring a mid 1st round pick and use it to take Cal Foote out of Kelowna. Big, mean and can play both sides of the puck very well. Maybe this years second and next years second along with Hutton can get the deal done?  

Trade one young D man who has already proven himself at the NHL level, plus a chance at 1, maybe 2 more prospects, for Just a chance at a D prospect who in theory may or may not work out? While I agree Cal would be a fantastic addition to our prospect pool, Hutton is not the way to obtain him. 

That's how you oiler a rebuild. 

23 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Sure, he has the right to take his ball and go home. I just find his complaining annoying. For every whiny primadonna there's a dozen prospects dying to get the ice time Tryamkin had

Willie's gone, he would have a fresh start. But hey, I would rather he leave now than have the new coach deal with changing this kid's diaper when he doesn't get his ice time.

That's all fair. I have no idea if his displeasure stems from a lack of icetime or how he was used or anything like that. I actually admire his decision to pack up and go if he doesn't want to be here. It would be nice if we could somehow convince Eriksson to do the same.

1 hour ago, cookieeater55 said:

He liked other teams posts wen we lost to them ?!!?!!? 

LOL WHAT ! 

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

What?!

It was in a thread in Canucks talk initially... in October when he was being benched and punk refused to go to the AHL, we lost to Edmonton on the 28th and then Washington on the 29th. 

Oilers account posted "Oilers beat canucks or w.e with the stats" same as Washington the night after they beat us... he "liked" both posts on instagram. 

I can't believe what a child then 21 and now 22 year old is. He's an entitled punk and deserves 0 respect. Opportunities aren't handed, they are earned. 

I wonder how long I would have lasted in my company if I lashed out like a punk 3-4 years ago when I was his age. 

Shows 0 respect to the organization. 

I'm very anti Jimbo, Linden, and relatively anti Willie at the time but they are not to blame for the attitudes of this child trapped in a mans body. Kid's a punk. Plain and simple. 

It was this post I believe... can't see the likes on computer though. 

18 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Maybe he should have shown up in shape.....

Doesn't matter.  In case you haven't realized canucks arent really a top prospect producing franchise. We can't afford to watch players not make it. 

We've spent the last 3 years trying to speed up the rebuild at the cost of picks. Which means the players and picks we do have we have to make sure they translate into the NHL. We have less room for error.  I would much rather have a young player happy, learning and enjoying the game vs having no player at all. 

This whole rookies need to earn before they play bs losses teams more talent than it develops. Maybe it's time we try another method. 

Lossing tryamkin is a huge loss to our future. He's not an easy player to replace. 

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I aint even mad.  If he wants to go home for a few years, it's his prerogative.

If he never returns I might be disappointed, but for the time being, I aint gonna lose any sleep over it.

We retain his rights - there's a chance he returns in due course - they lose control of his development process - but there's a good chance he still evolves into a force and a chance he returns a better player.  Until then, I'll leave the drama to the experts.

Well, you've come to the right place then.

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

That's all fair. I have no idea if his displeasure stems from a lack of icetime or how he was used or anything like that. I actually admire his decision to pack up and go if he doesn't want to be here. It would be nice if we could somehow convince Eriksson to do the same.

:lol:  

3 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Has Linden or Benning spoke on this matter yet? I'm curious as to what they would say about this.

All I know for sure is that Linden is voting in the BC elections. Are you?

11 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

WOW WOW WOW.

I can't believe this. This is devastating for the Canucks. They literally said that Tryamkin was their best d-man this year. Everyone heaped praise on him.

Him leaving speaks SERIOUSLY about the problems in this organization. A total disaster.

Really glad I did not renew my full season tickets, because this just basically put a nail in the coffin for this team next year.

This is exactly why I've stated many times that this organization needs to add Hockey IQ / Brain Trust to the management group.

How do you not make this work out one way or another? I didn't know that a 22 yr. old  6'7'' 260 lbs. defenseman with huge upside are easy to replace. (only other one I've seen like him is Chara)

Not saying that Tryamkin didn't have some kind of attitude for it to come to this but aren't you suppose to as management, try to make it work out to the best of your abilities when dealing with such a intriguing non replaceable package?

I guess when Tryamkin signed the deal where he was supposed to play specifically in the NHL only & Mr. Benning decided to immediately go against his own contract that he wrote up, That was the beginning of the end.

Respect can go along way & I believe Tryamkin didn't actually receive enough of that from the get go to be honest.

Yes he wasn't 100% in professional NHL shape when he arrived but neither was management & coaching staff.

To end up being arguably our best defenseman this season to us fans, & with the most upside on our team, it sure would've been nice to see coaching & management feel that way too, but clearly their actions & handling of Mr. Tryamkin proved otherwise.

11 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

22 year old first year player not satisfied with his ice time...LOL.

Honestly, as great as he could have been, that kind of attitude is not needed on a team trying to build into a contender. 

So this pretty much guarantees a long term deal for Guddy. 

Not only that, but the loss of size/hitting will probably make Bennington 9000 reconsider exposing Pizza.

Actually if this team had depth and was deep I would be a little more upset with his attitude about playing time, but he sees it, some fans see it, the team isn't loaded with D, so I think he has a right to be upset with his playing time especially when he showed he's as good as anyone and better then some of our D.

If you and others actually feel you don't want a player here who just wants more minutes and proves he deserves it and call that an attitude... yikes. But people are okay with going after guys like Lucic or Kane instead....

Archived