The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

I wonder if this forces JB to leave Edler unprotected now - Sbisa's sandpaper just got more important to us, irrespective of the fact he's young, and already a better player than Edler

I used to really support Edler and thought he was unfairly bashed by Vancouver fans and this year there was alot of pressure on him given the injuries on the back end but he has regressed irrespective of that added pressure. He's only 30, and for Dmen that's peak production time 

If I'm JB I tell him, I'm moving you at the draft or get ready for vegas your choice - but we cant lose Try and Sbisa in the same year unless you want a D softer than butter

4 minutes ago, soshified said:

11. Linden hitting the post in game 7 against NYR

12. Hamhuis injured in the SCF

13. Malhotra's eye injury 

14. Rome's hit

15. Luongo's pumping tires 

16. Moore hitting Naslund and then the Bertuzzi incident

yep - linden hit the post too? i only remember Lafayette's and ronning having richter down but because of his broken hand couldn't lift the puck - what a warrior that guy was.

Wow just wow, this is a titanic blow to this organization, I honestly have a hard time believing that management or the coaching staff

somehow bungled his status, this was a personal decision for Tree, and we may want to consider that World War 3 looks prrreeettty

eminent right now, I would not want to be anywhere near North America if I were him and war looked like a possibility, especially with

that rodeo clown they call a president. I know this sucks to lose him but maybe we should all "stop children whats that sound every-

body look whats going down" right now.

3 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

yep - linden hit the post too? i only remember Lafayette's and ronning having richter down but because of his broken hand couldn't lift the puck - what a warrior that guy was.

Actually not sure if it was Linden who hit the post or not anymore haha. 

1 minute ago, soshified said:

Actually not sure if it was Linden who hit the post or not anymore haha. 

It was Lafayette,, I remember it like it was yesterday

On another note, I know a friend who's good buddies with him, have poked him a few times on it (when drunk), he doesn't like that very much lol

23 minutes ago, soshified said:

It's frustrating.

A rookie with not even a full year of a NHL season, showed up to camp unconditioned/lazy/out of shape, turned down a simple conditioning stint for a few games, then got into the lineup and played really good minutes for a rookie, then bolts back to the KHL. 

When he negotiated the contract he did so on the terms that he would be a NHL player or allowed return back to Russia. I don't blame him for turning down the conditioning assignment.

I can't help but feel there is a disconnect somewhere as both Virtanen and Tryamkin had problems with staying in shape. How much of that is on them and not the training staff? They are supposed to help our young players plan their off season and effectively communicate what their expectations are from each player. Virtanen thought that he would a better player if he became a behemoth and played at 230+. Turns out it slowed him down considerably something an effective sports science department should have been able to foresee.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

When he negotiated the contract he did so on the terms that he would be a NHL player or allowed return back to Russia. I don't blame him for turning down the conditioning assignment.

I can't help but feel there is a disconnect somewhere as both Virtanen and Tryamkin had problems with staying in shape. How much of that is on them and not the training staff? They are supposed to help our young players plan their off season and effectively communicate what their expectations are from each player. Virtanen though that he would a better player if he became a behemoth and played at 230+. Turns out it slowed him down considerably something an effective sports science department should have been able to foresee.

It was his right on turning it down. But also fair on management side for giving him some kind of work since he showed up not ready for work.

To to be fair, a trainer and an organization can only do so much for a player in the offseason. Tbh, I put the blame more on the individuals than the organization when only 2/50 show up out of shape/not ready for work. 

I really hope Goldobin is committed to playing in NA.... otherwise, we're going to have to blacklist drafting Russian born players again if the KHL threat is an option. 

I really thought he was a different kind, he genuinely sounded like he wanted to play in the NHL... i guess we were wrong. 

Its such a shame, he was becoming a fan favourite too... this feels horrible... and i was in a happy mood too watching calgary get swept :( 

54 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

Or how about this

1. We get second overall in the expansion - Buffalo gets Gibert Perrault  - Hall of Famer -we got a decent player in Dale Talon

2. Cam Neely

3. Love TL but Modano would have had a bigger impact

4. Ryper

5. Luc

6. Joel Otto kicking in the goal in game 7

7. Bure asks to leave

8. The Lafayette post

9. Dropping from 3rd overall (Pulijarvi) in 2016 to 5th (Love Juolevi but...)

10. Then having CBJ go off the board at 3 and take the guy (PL Dubois) who we needed and expected to have at 5 leaving Pulijarvi for the coilers at 4 - total Canuck Clusterfack by the universe

11. The first round pick we traded with cam neely for Barry pederson left us with no 3rd overall that year - which was Glen Wesley - that year Joe Sakic went 15th overall. So we could have had Neely and Sakic if he hockey gods didn't hate us so much - 2 BC boys -2 Hall of Famers - and likely 2 or more cups in this city if so

On and on...sigh

we didn't choose linden over modano, modano was drafted first. we picked second. every team has their lists like this. pederson was a 40 goal scorer, neely hadn't shown anything yet. we also came close to signing wayne gretzky. but i'ld rather look to the future than live in the past. 

Just now, smithers joe said:

we didn't choose linden over modano, modano was drafted first. we picked second. every team has their lists like this. pederson was a 40 goal scorer, neely hadn't shown anything yet. we also came close to signing wayne gretzky. but i'ld rather look to the future than live in the past. 

Point was canuck luck

1. Yes Modano was ranked number 1 but we also went 4-4-2 in our last ten that year screwing our pick - not to mention Roenick and Selanne were taken after Linden (both would have had a major impact and larger than TL as much as he was a great part of our franchise)

2. Don't for a second get in a debate with me over Neely, I was a kid and knew how stupid that trade was at that time. Neely had 3 30 pt years already, was hitting and intimidating everything in sight, and was knocking people out with his fists. He was young and while no one knew he'd be a 50 goal man - he had impact player written all over him. Trading him for Pederson was a bad trade even at that time - and most saw it as such add in the fact we threw in a 3rd overall pick and it was a disaster. Pure disaster before we knew what Neely was sir. Don't even go there because I remember to this day thinking WTF are they doing, I was 10 years old and could see it.

Post wasn't about living in the past if you read it, it was about canuck luck - clearly we have been a bit of a cursed franchise when it comes to that

This sucks serious life out of the franchise. Someone could very well lose their job for this, its that bad. The whole time we have been

talking about how we needed a "generational player" in the draft. Well I'm pretty sure we just lost a generational player. I don't have any

problems saying that because his potential was that high. This is atom bomb level problems for that management team, no idea how

you recover from losing a player in what seemed to be preventable loss. I know I said in a earlier post I don't think this is managements

fault, I take that back, how can it not be their fault? He was basically called out as being fat and lazy in the beginning and he looked like our

best most physical D man on most nights. Sbisa on the other hand....

Archived