The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

46 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

This sucks serious life out of the franchise. Someone could very well lose their job for this, its that bad. The whole time we have been

talking about how we needed a "generational player" in the draft. Well I'm pretty sure we just lost a generational player. I don't have any

problems saying that because his potential was that high. This is atom bomb level problems for that management team, no idea how

you recover from losing a player in what seemed to be preventable loss. I know I said in a earlier post I don't think this is managements

fault, I take that back, how can it not be their fault? He was basically called out as being fat and lazy in the beginning and he looked like our

best most physical D man on most nights. Sbisa on the other hand....

Big lazy baby went home. This is the problem with drafting Russians and why they often go lower than they should.

So how do we look next year? This is my hope - JB moves Edler or tells him he's going to vegas -We NEED Sbisa's sandpaper - he's 25 and had arguably a breakthrough/huge progression season (outside of points). Played very solid and as a defender at 25 that's huge as they tend to start coming into their own around 27/28.

Edler is 31, clearly on the downswing and regardless of the injuries / pressure on him did not look good. Even willie seemed to be suggesting he 'needed' young players to help him (Stech) - recall hearing a quote to that effect and that should not be the case for a Dman in his prime.

So move Edler and sign Alzner as a UFA - solidifies our back end and and brings in a defensive, tough as nails presence and a leader - 28 years old so can be a transition piece and a depth guy once we're ready to make a run (3-4 years he'll be 32/33 always need that vet for those runs).

PS - Alzner is from Burnaby so if you offer him a competitive contract could be enticing if he has family here!

Alzner / Tanev

Hutton / Gudbranson

Sbisa/ Stech

Juolevi plays 35-45 games vs going back to junior as we always have injuries.

I'm ok with that 

people this would have not been a surprise from out of nowhere.  Remember all the talk about getting Horvat signed well there was zero talk about Tram.  If the Nucks had seen him as a key piece money would have been tossed at him with all kinds of promises.  Tram is getting more money and ice time in russia.   

15 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

where did i say anything about nedved  - i was at that draft and was well aware of why not only us but 4 teams passed on Jagr

don't put words in my mouth - we haven't had good luck and that's reality good for you if you think crap smells like roses buddy -it doesnt

Neely was a wrecking ball in Vancouver - he head that much in his game already plus 3-30 pt seasons and was on an upward trajectory stop facking arguing man go find a life

i wasn't putting words in your mouth, i was giving my opinions. sorry if they differ from yours. i think we have had some good luck to go along with the bad luck. 

Just now, smithers joe said:

i wasn't putting words in your mouth, i was giving my opinions. sorry if they differ from yours. i think we have had some good luck to go along with the bad luck. 

outside of bure we've had more bad luck than good luck is the point

there is a reason everyone here knows what 'canuck luck' refers to man! lol come on!

I like the positivity - a good way to live life but friend, really?

God damn it, he's got such size and potential. Annnnnd he's gone. This really sucks, I was really high on him and he was taking steps forward in his first year.

Sounds like he was complaining about the coaches, but in the end it really just sounds like he wanted to go home. And as upset as I am about it, I can understand why he'd wanna do that. Culture shock is a helluva thing and being that far away from friends and family ain't for everyone. :(

Really disappointed with this. He showed flashes of being an amazing defender both offensively and defensively for him this year. He made some big strides in his game, showing he can carry the puck through the neutral zone, standing up for his teammates, making quiet, yet big plays that neutralize plays. Tryamkin was one of the reasons why I was so excited for next season. I really wanted to see where he was going to go from here. Instead, he runs back to the KHL. :/ Canucks luck comes into play again.

Just now, swizzey said:

Willie is what drove him out. He was confused and did not understand sometimes he would play 20, sometimes 16, sometimes 12.

Thanks Willie. You are free now.

Depended on Tanev and Stecher. With one ahead of him defensively and the other offensively Try would be third banana much of the time.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

More money, more ice time, with family, in home country.  And we suck.  

Do the math though, could Tram be a top 4 guy.  Not going to surpass Gud, Tanev, Elder or even Sbisa. They are better players  And of course Hutton and Stech have better O game with Juolevi in the pipe.  And we got Brise as well.  Tram is your bottom six most nights with the Nucks - he knew that.    

I am disappointed we lost a player (don't like the term asset) but I was skeptical about Tram's upside as the season dragged on here.  Hutton and Stech seemed to get better as the season progress but I thought Tram's game plateaued a bit.  Canucks wanted him to hit and be tough but I dont think that his game.   He was never going to be Chara - Chara is one of the best Ds of the past 10 years.  

People that compare him to Chara remember his first two seasons and see promise.  Chara was in NYI as an enforcer and his role molded into a solid defender in Ottawa..His super star status came in Boston.  Try wont ever be another Chara given he doesn't fight much at all but I do understand the hope fans had for him.

Archived