The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hope Coach Green is able to establish and keep some kind of relationship alive between Nik and the Canucks,.  I guessing that there is probably an "out" clause in his KHL contract...  and if there is, a connection between Nik and the 2 teams would be in the best interest of all parties.

Nik is a beast,.  Hope to see him in the Worlds.. and Oylimpics.

He is not coming back 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

This punk doesn't appreciate the privilege to play in the worlds best league. 

If I'm from Russia, my wife is from Russia, neither of us speak English well (or at all), and I can make the same (if not more) money, tax free? I'm playing in Russia.

It's the whole "shoe on the other foot" scenario. If the best league in the world was in Russia and you were playing there for a year. You didn't know the language or the culture at all, your wife doesn't know the language or the culture, and all your family is in Canada, a country you love? And you can play there tax free?

No brainer, my friend.

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I disagree, I think he's back in a year, maybe two.  He'll get tired of the low budget way the KHL operates

Two, I think. The Canucks can offer a contract that effectively buys out his last season  (2/3rd of value). 

This is assuming the health of the KHL and the financial viability of Yekaterinberg. Both are volatile.

Also contingent on his continued improvement. 

20 minutes ago, theminister said:

Two, I think. The Canucks can offer a contract that effectively buys out his last season  (2/3rd of value). 

This is assuming the health of the KHL and the financial viability of Yekaterinberg. Both are volatile.

Seeing a lot of anti-Putin sentiment in Russia lately..  does sound volatile.

it will be interesting to see the details of Nik's contract, I'm sure his agent wants all options open.

Too bad he didn't hook up with Larionov a few years back.

I'll say one year,.  Family,. Can be painful ;) 

25 minutes ago, theminister said:

Look. Im married. I just moved my wife far away from home. Im going through the same thing i think nikita is going through. My wife is home sick , and i can tell u , if thats the case with nikita , it is going to make money and personal desires mute. If being here puts his marriage in danger , he is not coming back. To play here , he has to be all in. His wife will not have time with him because when he isnt playing or travelling, he will be training. So that leaves her in a foreign country alone. The nhl requires allot more time and effort, and at least she has her family and friends around when he is playing in russia. 

I dont think a guy that flew out for the draft is the issue. Its " family issues " as benning put it. That tells me allot. 

I really doubt he is coming back. Thats just my thoughts. He can still make good money , play the game he loves , and keep his new wife happy playing in russia. Dont count on him coming back. 

Just now, cuporbust said:

Look. Im married. I just moved my wife far away from home. Im going through the same thing i think nikita is going through. My wife is home sick , and i can tell u , if thats the case with nikita , it is going to make money and personal desires mute. If being here puts his marriage in danger , he is not coming back. To play here , he has to be all in. His wife will not have time with him because when he isnt playing or travelling, he will be training. So that leaves her in a foreign country alone. The nhl requires allot more time and effort, and at least she has her family and friends around when he is playing in russia. 

I dont think a guy that flew out for the draft is the issue. Its " family issues " as benning put it. That tells me allot. 

I really doubt he is coming back. Thats just my thoughts. 

A lot can happen in 2 years, both financially and personally.

It may simply be a matter of maturing to  comfort level or that they plan to have a child and they want it born in Russia with doctors she can understand with her family around her.

The decisions that a 23 year old makes and a 25 year old makes can be vastly different. Naturally, no one but he will know but I just wouldn't shut the door.

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

I dont think a guy that flew out for the draft is the issue. Its " family issues " as benning put it. That tells me allot. 

I really doubt he is coming back. Thats just my thoughts. 

He's young, it's new (marriage)..  the honeymoon is over when family moves in, or becomes a permanent fixture you can't get away from.   That's when you grab your gal and leave ;) 

we should start a "pool" based on which week after no.52 that Nik and the Nucks announce his return ;) 

40 minutes ago, Monty said:

If I'm from Russia, my wife is from Russia, neither of us speak English well (or at all), and I can make the same (if not more) money, tax free? I'm playing in Russia.

It's the whole "shoe on the other foot" scenario. If the best league in the world was in Russia and you were playing there for a year. You didn't know the language or the culture at all, your wife doesn't know the language or the culture, and all your family is in Canada, a country you love? And you can play there tax free?

No brainer, my friend.

Exactly. As soon as i saw it was family issues i understood. I guess some posters dont get that. 

24 minutes ago, theminister said:

It may simply be a matter of maturing to  comfort level or that they plan to have a child and they want it born in Russia with doctors she can understand with her family around her.

The decisions that a 23 year old makes and a 25 year old makes can be vastly different. Naturally, no one but he will know but I just wouldn't shut the door.

Are u married sam? Just sayin. Lol

33 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Are u married sam? Just sayin. Lol

Been there done that..   reasons were similar,.  But in this day and age everything is possible, and compromises can be made that could not have been before.

You can be anywhere almost overnight.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

conan-hulking-out.gif

1 hour ago, Monty said:

No brainer, my friend.

Hey guys I'm just butthurt we lost an asset and this is how I show my anger. 

I love Russians... I'll never cheer against ovie when he plays Crosby. 

When it comes to international hockey I always cheer for Sweden first then toss up between Canada / Russia depending on the roster. 

Also, I'd say a good 15% of my Instagram feed is Russian women. 

Also Monty. I'm not sure what he's getting paid in Russia... But I can't imagine it being that much more even with no tax than the contract Jimbo woulda slapped on him 

1 hour ago, theminister said:

Same here. And Ed Willes did mention that the team and Tryamkin aren't necessarily at odds, so there is a definite possibility. As far as I heard, Tryamkin was treated well when he was here, and the decision was purely about family, but leave it to the Vancouver sports media to make up controversy.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

He's young, it's new (marriage)..  the honeymoon is over when family moves in, or becomes a permanent fixture you can't get away from.   That's when you grab your gal and leave ;) 

we should start a "pool" based on which week after no.52 that Nik and the Nucks announce his return ;) 

If Nikita has to "keep it down" at home because he's afraid that the in-laws might hear, that'll be when he decides to return to Vancouver

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Nikita has to "keep it down" at home because he's afraid that the in-laws might hear, that'll be when he decides to return to Vancouver

We just signed Pedan to help out Gudbranson.. :) 

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That would seem to be a serious troll job, unless Tryamkin is making a statement about his eventual return.

its probably more likely that the dude's been wearing it for 3 days, but if it was a troll it was a good one. Who knows, its such a weird situation, but it still bugs me that Jim seems to have not seen it coming. 

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

its probably more likely that the dude's been wearing it for 3 days, but if it was a troll it was a good one. Who knows, its such a weird situation, but it still bugs me that Jim seems to have not seen it coming. 

Did some browsing tonight..  the KHL is definitely not as healthy as it seems, . Maybe worse.

Seems to be a knowledgeable account holder,.  Earlier this week regarding Tryamkins signing, mentions has he not heard of an out clause, or salary..  but talks of a player being able to buy himself out of contract in the KHL by paying 2/3rds of the remainder of his contract, back to the Club, after the first season.

Archived