The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Did some browsing tonight..  the KHL is definitely not as healthy as it seems, . Maybe worse.

Seems to be a knowledgeable account holder,.  Earlier this week regarding Tryamkins signing, mentions has he not heard of an out clause, or salary..  but talks of a player being able to buy himself out of contract in the KHL by paying 2/3rds of the remainder of his contract, back to the Club, after the first season.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tryamkin's team Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg is one of those 13 teams as they apparently have a history of financial turmoil:

"Yekaterinburg hoped to have major league hockey back in town for the first time since the wild ‘90s but their team Avtomobilist, one of four expansion teams in the Russian KHL, announced a possible withdrawal due to lack of funds."

http://www.iihf.com/sv/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1385&cHash=6be28e9fefd8734b53338b9b1338130b

"More Russian clubs in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) are facing financial difficulties as local authorities cut funding for Avangard Omsk and Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, making both squads’ KHL future uncertain."

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2015/03/31/Finance/KHL-clubs.aspx

If this were to be true today as well, I can see Tryamkin returning at some point after settling into his new father role at home and looking for more money. Even a guy like Radulov keeps returning at one point or another. 

26 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Tryamkin's team Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg is one of those 13 teams as they apparently have a history of financial turmoil:

"Yekaterinburg hoped to have major league hockey back in town for the first time since the wild ‘90s but their team Avtomobilist, one of four expansion teams in the Russian KHL, announced a possible withdrawal due to lack of funds."

http://www.iihf.com/sv/home-of-hockey/news/news-singleview/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1385&cHash=6be28e9fefd8734b53338b9b1338130b

"More Russian clubs in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) are facing financial difficulties as local authorities cut funding for Avangard Omsk and Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, making both squads’ KHL future uncertain."

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2015/03/31/Finance/KHL-clubs.aspx

If this were to be true today as well, I can see Tryamkin returning at some point after settling into his new father role at home and looking for more money. Even a guy like Radulov keeps returning at one point or another. 

With you on this home brew..   Avto will sign anyone right now regardless of their situation,. It's all preperation, regardless of outcome.

Im sure Nik is happy to have us in his back pocket.

On April 20, 2017 at 3:06 AM, Boeser6 said:

Or how about this

1. We get second overall in the expansion - Buffalo gets Gibert Perrault  - Hall of Famer -we got a decent player in Dale Talon

2. Cam Neely

3. Love TL but Modano would have had a bigger impact

4. Ryper

5. Luc

6. Joel Otto kicking in the goal in game 7

7. Bure asks to leave

8. The Lafayette post

9. Dropping from 3rd overall (Pulijarvi) in 2016 to 5th (Love Juolevi but...)

10. Then having CBJ go off the board at 3 and take the guy (PL Dubois) who we needed and expected to have at 5 leaving Pulijarvi for the coilers at 4 - total Canuck Clusterfack by the universe

11. The first round pick we traded with cam neely for Barry pederson left us with no 3rd overall that year - which was Glen Wesley - that year Joe Sakic went 15th overall. So we could have had Neely and Sakic if he hockey gods didn't hate us so much - 2 BC boys -2 Hall of Famers - and likely 2 or more cups in this city if so

On and on...sigh

so ur saying we could have had sakic neely linden and bure 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:03 AM, SilentSam said:

With you on this home brew..   Avto will sign anyone right now regardless of their situation,. It's all preperation, regardless of outcome.

Im sure Nik is happy to have us in his back pocket.

I read at some point that KHL contracts that were to be paid in $USA were paid in devalued Russian rubles. Also read that paydays were often late. Now that Tryamkin has experienced hockey and life in the West I suspect the contrast will wear on him. As disappointed as I was to hear of his skipping out I do think he will be back. That said I doubt his negotiating position will be stronger.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I read at some point that KHL contracts that were to be paid in $USA were paid in devalued Russian rubles. Also read that paydays were often late. Now that Tryamkin has experienced hockey and life in the West I suspect the contrast will wear on him. As disappointed as I was to hear of his skipping out I do think he will be back. That said I doubt his negotiating position will be stronger.

That is flawed reasoning by the fact that Tryamkin had already been in the KHL for years and knew well what he was leaving and what he was going back to.

It would be valid arguments if he was a North American player who was surprised by the KHL.

He may be back at some point, but this line of reasoning doesn't pan out IMHO.

Do not trade his rights unless it's something amazing. I don't care if he never comes back. I don't want to see this guy become a force for some other team. It's here or nowhere. 

I'm pissing in the wind, though, as Benning will trade for waiver trash. 

34 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

Do not trade his rights unless it's something amazing. I don't care if he never comes back. I don't want to see this guy become a force for some other team. It's here or nowhere. 

Yep because Baertschi and Granlund are waiver trash right? :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

If he does come back,I'm sure it will be here...The Canucks and Tryamkin parted on good terms.

14 hours ago, Squamfan said:

so ur saying we could have had sakic neely linden and bure 

Chances are the Canucks wouldn't have been as bad of a team with Sakic, thus wouldn't be drafting #2 for Linden.  

Perhaps dropping down a few spots to choose between Roenick, Brind'Amour or Selanne.

8 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

I didn't say everything Benning trades for is waiver trash but that he would probably trade Tryamkin for some

Actually the fact he didn't trade Vrbata and Hamhuis do to crap/no offers says otherwise...

On 2017-05-11 at 6:48 PM, Lancaster said:

Chances are the Canucks wouldn't have been as bad of a team with Sakic, thus wouldn't be drafting #2 for Linden.  

Perhaps dropping down a few spots to choose between Roenick, Brind'Amour or Selanne.

Neely, Wesley, Sakic, Brind'amor and Bure.... the long list of what could have been in Canuckland.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, Honky Cat said:

If he does come back,I'm sure it will be here...The Canucks and Tryamkin parted on good terms.

Have you heard whether Tryamkin's 3 year deal has an out for returning to the NHL. Both the KHL and NHL have been respecting player contracts and do not poach. He would have to have an NHL option to leave the KHL earlier than 3 years. I have heard nothing? 

7 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Neely, Wesley, Sakic, Brind'amor and Bure.... the long list of what could have been in Canuckland.

There was a window in time were we were pretty close to signing that Gretzky guy. Too bad too because we probably wouldn't have signed Messier if we had 99. Bure may not have wanted to leave if 99 was springing for 3-4 breakaways a game. fml

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Have you heard whether Tryamkin's 3 year deal has an out for returning to the NHL. Both the KHL and NHL have been respecting player contracts and do not poach. He would have to have an NHL option to leave the KHL earlier than 3 years. I have heard nothing? 

Apparently,he can buy out his last year (or something weird like that)....

On 5/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Actually the fact he didn't trade Vrbata and Hamhuis do to crap/no offers says otherwise...

Well I suppose Benning could find a way to lose Tryamkins rights for nothing at all. 

22 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

There was a window in time were we were pretty close to signing that Gretzky guy. Too bad too because we probably wouldn't have signed Messier if we had 99. Bure may not have wanted to leave if 99 was springing for 3-4 breakaways a game. fml

Someone in the Canucks camp gave Gretzky's camp an ultimatum so they ceased negotiations. 

Incompetent management is nothing new for this town....

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

Well I suppose Benning could find a way to lose Tryamkins rights for nothing at all. 

This isn't "Vrbata and Hamhuis" and the bs around all that sticks around for some reason, I really don't understand why. Hammy didn't want to go, Vrbata admitted to giving teams he knew didn't want him. So was Jim supposed to do something at gunpoint?

I really doubt Tryamkin is worth much to any NHL team right now, he's shown a willingness to leave a contact offer and guaranteed NHL spot on the table, I doubt any GM would give any appreciable asset for him whatsoever at this point. Maybe if he tears up the KHL for the next 2 years but certainly not now. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

This isn't "Vrbata and Hamhuis" and the bs around all that sticks around for some reason, I really don't understand why. Hammy didn't want to go, Vrbata admitted to giving teams he knew didn't want him. So was Jim supposed to do something at gunpoint?

I really doubt Tryamkin is worth much to any NHL team right now, he's shown a willingness to leave a contact offer and guaranteed NHL spot on the table, I doubt any GM would give any appreciable asset for him whatsoever at this point. Maybe if he tears up the KHL for the next 2 years but certainly not now. 

I get the Vrbata fiasco. Even though I predicted that Vrbata would have zero value by the TDL before the season stated I still get and accept how that ended. Losing Hammer for nothing has no excuse. That should have been worked on all season since it was obvious we had no plans to get him back. I know you and the others won't agree so no point in going around in circles about it in the Tryamkin thread...

And I agree Tryamkin is low value. Hence why I am saying that if Benning tries to move him he'll probably get negative value but JB may pull the trigger anyways. 

2 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

I get the Vrbata fiasco. Even though I predicted that Vrbata would have zero value by the TDL before the season stated I still get and accept how that ended. Losing Hammer for nothing has no excuse. That should have been worked on all season since it was obvious we had no plans to get him back. I know you and the others won't agree so no point in going around in circles about it in the Tryamkin thread...

And I agree Tryamkin is low value. Hence why I am saying that if Benning tries to move him he'll probably get negative value but JB may pull the trigger anyways. 

if you can show me one real example of where a GM changed a guys mind about leaving a team let me know. And we're not the 1st team to ever lost a UFA for nothing. Its the un-dead beaten horse of CDC. Using that as an example of Jim likely making a future mistake is just wrong. 

I don't see why Benning would try to shop Nik, why would he? He costs nothing to hang on to an might be worth something in 2-3 years. The only thing I could see is if someone offered Jim a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2018 to make up for the asset loss, but thats about as likely as Hammer coming back. 

Archived