The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Eichel gets his wish - Bylsma fired, oh and Tim Murray too

1 minute ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Murray's tank job in Buffalo could typecast him as a super tanker GM.  Who's the next super tank team...they will hire Murray.  Don't say the Canucks, we don't allow super tankers on the West Coast.

Murray arrived in Buffalo after half the team had already been traded The team did tank under Murray but the moves that preceded much of the tank were under Regier's watch.

Quick Jack,

We heard Rowe in Florida was the coach GM and another position.  You're supposed to be as good as McDavid what will you do

Here, hold my gatorade I got this.

Peguuuuula I don't like the coach and the GM made me feel awkward in the shower

23 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I'd take Bylsma as Vancouver's new Coach as an alternative to Green.

Bylsma is a cup winner and I believe the year he won the cup had a roster with a similar age group Vancouver has now. So he know how to work with the kids. 

Torts was a former cup winning coach as well.

4 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Murray's tank job in Buffalo could typecast him as a super tanker GM.  Who's the next super tank team...they will hire Murray.  Don't say the Canucks, we don't allow super tankers on the West Coast.

Sadly I don't think Murray is actually the one to take credit for that tank.  But he also didn't get the option to enjoy what he was actually doing which wasn't terrible at all.  His first full year he had a 30 point increase followed by a 4 point reduction in seasons.  The guy was actually helping improve the team to some extent.

Ah well

Asides from Eichel potentially making an ultimatum - I cant see a reason for them to dismantle front office.

Tim Murray to me was a passionate GM who I thought was making good moves for BUF. As for Bylsma I have no idea. 

But they are a super young team and Eichel had a long injury and the league was super competitive this year. Not sure I can see a reason for firing them asides from the ultimatum? LOTS of smoke and Fire soooo hard to believe it wasn't true.

Eichel is a young kid too - Owner should have had a meeting with him asked him to calm down take his time off then had a follow up meeting altogether so that the were all on the same ship. If they at that time felt they weren't on the same page and rowing the boat in the same direction, than sure make changes according.

But this seem to me like a knee jerk reaction decision.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Murray arrived in Buffalo after half the team had already been traded The team did tank under Murray but the moves that preceded much of the tank were under Regier's watch.

True, but he seemingly embraced it, and now he doesn't get to finish what he started...or continued...whatever, I think you know what I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly I don't think Murray is actually the one to take credit for that tank.  But he also didn't get the option to enjoy what he was actually doing which wasn't terrible at all.  His first full year he had a 30 point increase followed by a 4 point reduction in seasons.  The guy was actually helping improve the team to some extent.

Ah well

I can't really argue with what you and Toews are saying, he certainly can't take full credit.  In this new era of "tanking" or whatever it's going to be called, I still think Murray will get another job because of his tenure during the last few years.  He did orchestrate some manner of plan to get younger players onto the roster.

On a side note, this isn't the first time the Sabres have parted with a GM and Coach at the same time.

1 hour ago, brownky said:

Bylsma is trash and has trouble with every team he coaches.

He stepped into the Penguins midway through a season, and then progressively made them worse.

We just got rid of Willie, we don't need another one. Murray getting canned... I'd theorize he was going to stick with his coach over the player.

On February 15, 2009, with the Pittsburgh Penguins struggling to make the playoffs, the Penguins organization announced that it had relieved head coach Michel Therrien of his duties and had promoted Bylsma to serve as interim head coach of the team.[3] At 38, he was the youngest head coach in the NHL at the time. Through his first 25 games as Penguins' coach, his 18–3–4 record amounted to 40 points—the second most of any coach in NHL history through their first 25 games.[4] On April 28, Penguins General Manager Ray Shero announced that Bylsma had been named permanent head coach of the team.[5] On June 12, 2009 Bylsma led the Pittsburgh Penguins to a Stanley Cup championship, becoming the 14th coach and the second mid-season replacement to win the Stanley Cup in their first season. While the win made him just the fifth ever American-born coach to win the cup, he also became the third American in the last five seasons to do so. Bylsma was awarded the Jack Adams Award as the league's most outstanding coach for the 2010–2011 season due to the Penguins still being a contender for the Stanley Cup without his two star players Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Maybe that means Sam Reinhart becomes avalaible for the right piece.  To bad we just lost one of our promising young D LOL

This is Murray's karma kicking him in the butt for putting up McDavid billboards and having to settle with Eichel.

Archived