The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tryamkin gone - more ineptitude

dalredane

** Separate Thread:  More a discussion on generational management inability/ineptitude to land a stud  dman that franchises are built around.

Finally a dman with freaky size, good skating, decent shot, lots of upside.   Willie plays him for 13 minutes a game, Linden says they are gonna build around him.....  Now he's in the KHL.  He will play one year there, then come back and sign with another NHL team due to Canucks bumbling.

This guy could have been our Chara....And now the curse lives on.

Canucks are Undersized and soft on defense.   

Somewhere, Andrey Pedans agent is clapping.

When was the last time the Canucks had a huge, angry, skilled dman???  Ohlund until he got injured....

Part of leadership is identifying assets and securing them.   It wasn't like he was asking for billions, he just wanted to play more and help his team.   He was better than Edler on most nights.

Canucks hold his rights until 2022.

And could have is not the same as was going to be.

He has potential yes, so lets see how he does over the next year or two in the KHL, this may actually keep any future salary down as he will have to prove he deserves big $$$ in the NHL if he ever does come backm something that he may yet do in 1-3 years after we actually get some fresh top line talent playing on the team.

I believe he is a UFA so we keep his rights? Think we need to make him a qualifying offer and he's still ours just like when Rodin went back to Europe a couple years ago. For all we know this could be a negotiating tactic on his agents part. They know WD is gone so next year's a clean slate for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Canucks hold his rights until 2022.

And could have is not the same as was going to be.

He has potential yes, so lets see how he does over the next year or two in the KHL, this may actually keep any future salary down as he will have to prove he deserves big $$$ in the NHL if he ever does come backm something that he may yet do in 1-3 years after we actually get some fresh top line talent playing on the team.

My bad...I did not realize they still had his rights...

I know it's an emotional rant, but on a lot of the nights you tuned in just to see him manhandle all the people who have run the Sedins through the boards for the last 6 years.  In a bleak season, he was someone like Horvat, you could get excited about.

2 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

I believe he is a UFA so we keep his rights? Think we need to make him a qualifying offer and he's still ours just like when Rodin went back to Europe a couple years ago. For all we know this could be a negotiating tactic on his agents part. They know WD is gone so next year's a clean slate for everyone. 

RFA.  As long as the Canucks tender him, they keep his NHL rights.  They will tender him because it costs them nothing to do so.

Im not as angry now as i was earlier this morning, because maybe he is just gone for the next 2-3 years while we suck and pick up great picks. Meanwhile, he's developing his skating and shot in the KHL. Once we have a good team there may be more incentive to come back to our team and be the playoff monster we know he will be. 

Archived