The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannot Mis-Management Review.

TheGuardian_

Negative thread, definitely, the team is 29th and not getting better they are losing top prospects, giving away draft picks, signing little players not likely to have an impact in the playoffs, getting "softer", letting players dictate direction of the team, increasing ticket prices, over paying old players, creating cap problems handcuffing trades or signings, poor draft selections, not providing fan confidence by communicating what the goal of the team is, outright lying that they are happy with the teams progress, to the bottom?, telling the gullible the team is in better shape,

April through June 2014, Everyone is signed

One week after Benning, the complex Kesler deal - Benning is heralded, reality, he parachuted into a deal put together by Kesler's agent and Gillis's old braintrust.

The draft, the first pick is a bomb so far but a few gems in the later rounds namely the Chara replacement Tryamkin, really Benning fresh from Boston and knowing the Boston draft plan, selects from both scouting reports.

Signs 32 yr old Vrbata, 34 yr old Miller, jettisons the old man, 29 yr old Garrison and his home town discount with NTC, does not honor contract. Makes the team older. Trades away several draft picks for AHLer's and other team's castaways and smaller problem players.

No Canuck management group has survived this kind of free fall and mis-management, without the loser point, this may be the worst Canuck team in it's history. Over the last three years this team has received a number of additional loser points and over time points in the standings, around 40 or so.

So now what? Trading Tryamkin's rights to Boston? Trading for some overpaid under performing forward like Oshie Okposo from Buffalo? Those are Benning's old clubs and he seems to like his buddies. Trading draft picks for more AHLer's. You know for sure they will buy dirt and call it gold to the fans, get their tame media and employees to champion whatever half measures and there are some suckers that don't bother to "think" for themselves and just follow.

All this "positive" karma around the team right now makes the next 3 months crucial to the survival of this mis-management group. The shine is off the penny, the slack offered to the good name of Linden has shortened.

Just looking at the results of this mess there is no way any poster or fan can accuse the owners of meddling, they haven't paid enough attention.

The Toronto Maple Laffs.

The Edmonton Coilers

And now

The Vancouver Cannots

This team is not being laughed at in the league anymore, they aren't a joke anymore, they are a lesson. 

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Actually Okposo played pretty well this year.  45 points in 65 games played.  He played sick and injured in a handful of those games as well.

Yeah, but at 30 and getting paid, again a loaded contract with clauses that kick in soon, 8 million a year next year, then 6 for the next three.

Just now, TheGuardian_ said:

Yeah, but at 30 and getting paid, again a loaded contract with clauses that kick in soon, 8 million a year next year, then 6 for the next three.

It's only 6 million AAV for the life of the contract.  It was front loaded like that so he would sign with a losing team over the other teams that wanted him.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's only 6 million AAV for the life of the contract.  It was front loaded like that so he would sign with a losing team over the other teams that wanted him.

It makes him untradeable though so another player here until he is in his late 30's and being paid huge.

It makes him untradeable though so another player here until he is in his late 30's and being paid huge.

He'll be 35 at the end of the contract.  His prime years will last until about 33.  That only leaves a 2 year hole to account for.  By that point with a higher salary cap, even if he gets cut, absorbing a year or two of cap space will be relatively painless.

6 minutes ago, tas said:

that might be the least factual thesis statement i've ever read on here. 

So create a factual topic thread then. List all the things that have made the team more of cup.....playoff contender, the trades that are proven winners not "hopeful" winners and how any of these trades are good for playoff competition, how well the cap has been managed, how the very top UFA's are coming here to take discounts, how good the coach is/was/going to be.

All your rhetoric is filled with, could be, will be, in the future, if and very little to do with today's reality or immediate issues surrounding this group.

Look. This thread is horrible. But the idea that Jim Benning has a bad plan isn't absurd. I think he drafts well, I just don't approve of the direction of this franchise. We should have started rebuilding from the day he got here. We missed out on truly elite talent in McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, Laine. For what? Winning mentality? I've said this 1000x I'll say it again. Bad players lose, good players win. Talent is EVERYTHING. We've targeted the wrong kinds of assets in trades. He's made some okay trades like Baertschi and Granlund, but they won't be a part of the first Canucks team to win a Stanley Cup, this team is no less than 10 years away from that hope.

Jim Benning is beyond mediocre.

Still, two years now. And the team still keeps plummeting, prospect depth is still from Gillis, the cap is screwed with players over 33.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure our prospect depth chart when Benning took over went something like Horvat, Corrado. 

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

@TheGuardian_ You are SO lucky I used my minus already today. You are not a Canuck fan, nor were you ever one.

If you mean I won't buy a bridge from this management group, your right.

I am not like you, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Only a fool denies all points of view or a fanatic.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It's not that we're fools. It's just every time I see a thread started by you I know you're going to be bitching about something.

I believe the saying goes "Fool me one-time shame on you, fool can't put the blame on you, fool me 3 times, **** the peace sign load the chopper let it rain on you.

Nobody is asking you to be a fan of this team. If you cannot see at least some positives that this management team has done, then IDK what to say. They are not perfect, but what management team is? Please name me one.

Archived