The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannot Mis-Management Review.

TheGuardian_

1 minute ago, lmm said:

Is it the new tough guy thing to compare others to teenage girls?

Look in the mirror gentlemen, and say that out loud.

Looks in mirror . . .

"Is it the new tough guy thing to compare others to teenage girls?"

I tried it, what was I supposed to get from that?

giphy.gif

Fine, would comparing them to "Adult Drama Addicted Female's" be better for you?

3 hours ago, DSVII said:

Well this franchise has always been obsessed with chasing the cam neely that got away. I want my bure!

Flight risk I think isn't as bad if you're a bona-fide superstar like tarasenko or malkin 

Yeah lets get a Bure ;)

Hope you're right... No. 88's departure is stinging at the moment...

5 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Looks in mirror . . .

"Is it the new tough guy thing to compare others to teenage girls?"

I tried it, what was I supposed to get from that?

giphy.gif

Fine, would comparing them to "Adult Drama Addicted Female's" be better for you?

You are new here, and have taken over the roll of Canuck apologist, which is fine. You are not the first. Almost every post you explain why the problems are not Jim's fault. 

And then as if to make your point irrefutable, you add sexist slander.

Now you add a picture of Gandalf, who I do not believe would support your sexist leanings.

If your argument is good, there is no need to display your aggression towards women.

1 minute ago, lmm said:

You are new here, and have taken over the roll of Canuck apologist, which is fine. You are not the first. Almost every post you explain why the problems are not Jim's fault. 

And then as if to make your point irrefutable, you add sexist slander.

Now you add a picture of Gandalf, who I do not believe would support your sexist leanings.

If your argument is good, there is no need to display your aggression towards women.

giphy.gif

I explain the fallacies people have with what they think Benning has done wrong from my point of view. I guess it help that I am a hockey fan first and a Canuck's fan second? I invest less of my emotional energy into every little detail of the team and simply enjoy the positive, don't get my wrong, 2011 was devastating ( For maybe a day, then I moved on ) and I would love to see the team get a cup, but my happiness does not hinge on it.

After probably 10+ years of lurking on and off I finally decided I wanted to say a thing or two about how I see the team and its future.

Also, make no mistake there are things that Benning could have done better. I just think things could also be allot worse and I want to see Benning get a chance to actually do his thing with this team now that Ownership seems to be accepting of that fact that a few near bottom of the league finishes are the reality of where the club is at.

Also whats with the SJW attitude over a couple harmless jabs meant in jest?

I am a child of the late 80's / 90's and as such I have no need to be overly PC. If you are going to try and tell me that teenage girls do not thrive on "drama" then I guess you have not seen the suggested watching list of a teenage girls Netflix profile.

Also, I am happily married and have a wonderful relationship with my mother and female relatives / friends, so keep assuming things about me, w/e helps you sleep at night.

46 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Did hawk and Kings aim for their bottom finishes?  . 

Kings between 2007-09 finished 26,29,25

Hawks between 2004-07 finished 29,28,25

Meanwhile canucks in 3 of the last 4 years are 24,28,29.

The only thing that separate those teams is pure luck.  

Key difference between those Hawks teams & our team was ownership.  Jerry Jones lite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dollar Bill Wirtz.

Another difference is look at the amount of picks the Hawks had in those draft years.

19 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Same goes for bread in Europe.  Here they sell that bland air-filled fluff, whereas bread and baguettes there have real substance you can actually chew... plus flavour!

I think that was more true in the past - nowadays, at least in my stomping grounds, there are some pretty outstanding levain bakeries.

19 hours ago, theminister said:

A Cornish pasty is great but it not really a pie, or even a meat pie. It's more of a hot pocket like a calzone.

But a good old fashioned shepherds pie made with lamb? That's my jam.

That is technically true, but I wasn't really conforming to the pie discussion - I thought I'd take it a little outside the crust.

I think of them as a savour, portable pie - not that unlike a shepherd's pie pie.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I've never had the pleasure of one of those - but it's now on my radar.

I would fly back to Australia just to eat one of those lol. The odd place in Canada sells them ( Always owned by an Aussie and usually a food truck ) but they are not always exactly right.

25 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

giphy.gif

I explain the fallacies people have with what they think Benning has done wrong from my point of view. I guess it help that I am a hockey fan first and a Canuck's fan second? I invest less of my emotional energy into every little detail of the team and simply enjoy the positive, don't get my wrong, 2011 was devastating ( For maybe a day, then I moved on ) and I would love to see the team get a cup, but my happiness does not hinge on it.

After probably 10+ years of lurking on and off I finally decided I wanted to say a thing or two about how I see the team and its future.

Also, make no mistake there are things that Benning could have done better. I just think things could also be allot worse and I want to see Benning get a chance to actually do his thing with this team now that Ownership seems to be accepting of that fact that a few near bottom of the league finishes are the reality of where the club is at.

Also whats with the SJW attitude over a couple harmless jabs meant in jest?

I am a child of the late 80's / 90's and as such I have no need to be overly PC. If you are going to try and tell me that teenage girls do not thrive on "drama" then I guess you have not seen the suggested watching list of a teenage girls Netflix profile.

Also, I am happily married and have a wonderful relationship with my mother and female relatives / friends, so keep assuming things about me, w/e helps you sleep at night.

what is SJW?

Its good you have a good relationship with women/people. I catch most of your jokes. But it is important to remember that this site is used by both sexes, young and old, so belittling is really not cool.

cheers

19 hours ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Vrbata - Gone - Moot Point

Miller - Most consistent player night in and night out for the last 3 years & we had the space

Dorsett - Over payed by maybe 1 mill, but then his contract will expire before we contend again.

Sbisa was getting paid very reasonably this year and for the latter half of last year, contracts are going up each year, keep up with trends please.

Sutter, not a fancy stat darling but does everything that anyone who has every played hockey loves in a team mate, will help bring rookies along, contract is up right around the time we should be fighting for the playoffs.

Eriksson - Eh, 1 year to long 1 mill too much, but that's the cost of a high profile UFA, one that the majority of this board wanted last summer. If he has a resurgence ( Which I feel he can and will have ) to 45/55 points, we wont hear anything about him going forward, like Sutter he does allot of little things that don't make highlight packages.

Hansen - Yah, no, Sedins are not going anywhere. That 500k is probably what got the deal done.

Baertschi - Why not? What does it hurt the team in the long term? He will earn it next year so really, I say again, why not?

Tanev - You are all over Gilli's and his contracts and complain about a very Gilli's esq contract? :picard:

As far as cap problems go we are not even at  the draft yet Benning has the entire summer to make some moves, + expansion draft is coming.

What does it matter anyways? We are not looking to sign any UFA's and in 18-19 we are projected right now with 42 Million Dollars of cap space.

Chill buddy, it's not like you pay the teams salary.

BBH2473-540x500px-Product-Potato-Pie-1.j

Aussie meat pies FTW!

i think they serve these at Ploughshare on West Saanich

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

what is SJW?

Its good you have a good relationship with women/people. I catch most of your jokes. But it is important to remember that this site is used by both sexes, young and old, so belittling is really not cool.

cheers

SJW = Social Justice Warrior. I understand the need to be accepting and supportive of every Nationality, Race, Gender and opinion but at a certain point it just gets stupid, like when people get mad that a Baby was given a gender specific name because as they grow up they may not identify with their birth gender :rolleyes: . . . .

As the joke goes I am not Racist nor Sexists, I hate everyone equally ;) . . . . :ph34r:

21 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You didn't follow that move did you? Garrison stated in Tampa that he moved because he didn't want to stay with a team that didn't want him, so much for not honoring contracts. Going to Tampa at least helped recover the home town 1.5 million/yr discount he took to sign here.

Both Garrison and Hamhuis were in the 6 mil a year UFA's, they both took a lot less ditto the Sedins and Kesler and Burrows.

Gillis got a few players to sign for home town discounts in exchange for "clauses", those discounts propelled the team to the cup finals.

God, how I wish we were allowed giving more negatives per 24 hours......

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

If we're going to continue to let the guardian start threads we really need to up our daily allowed minuses to at least 5. 

don't feed the minus hunter.

feed yourself.  

A nice piece of pie.

Or a calzone, cornish pasty, Aussie-meat pie.

Sweet or savoury - s'all good.

1 hour ago, Winter Soldier said:

lol, no one wanted them. Ask Phoenix how much they got for Vrbata this year.

So you're saying that Vbrata coming off a 30 goal season was unmovable. Seriously, i find that extremely hard to believe?  I never said not moving them at "TD" was a mistake. I said not moving them and getting nothing was. 

The writing was on the wall for both of those players at the end of the 2015 season.  Just like it was for Juice, guess what we did with Juice, we traded him for a second.  For some reason we felt we'd hold on to Hammer and Vbrata in hopes that they had a good year and their value would increase by the 2016 deadline.  Hammer broke his jaw and Vbrata pouted when he got taken off the top line.  We gambled and lost and in the end got nothing..  Simple as that, you can make up any excuse you want, it doesn't take away the fact that it's still a miss. 

That's like holding on to a stock owning 1000 shares.  In Q1 those shares were worth $5/share and then you hold on hoping for a good Q4 report, only for the company go under prior and you end up with zero. Any sane person would call that a miss.  

12 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So you're saying that Vbrata coming off a 30 goal season was unmovable. Seriously, i find that extremely hard to believe?  I never said not moving them at "TD" was a mistake. I said not moving them and getting nothing was.

He had a 35 goal season in Arizona and didn't get moved. You cite him pouting and throwing a fit while still expressing disbelief that a team wasn't and still isn't willing to give up assets for him. You can't will a trade into existence and then project the failure for not making it reality onto management. 

Ducks wanted Bieksa? They got Bieksa. There's a difference.

Archived