The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Policeman and suspected gunman shot dead in Paris 'terror attack'

Ryan Strome

13 hours ago, Bo053 said:

Religion of peace strikes again.

An individual perpetrated this attack. To pin a religion to this is easy and simplistic. I get that you want to do anything, no matter how stupid and elementary, to spread your furher's gospel of ignorance, fear, and malice, but you just end up sounding no better than those you criticize.

2 minutes ago, Bo053 said:

So all of those were done in the name of Christianity?

Just stop, please.

And yes blame evil white people for bombing them as the reason even though it's a religion that's thousands of years old and has always been violent.

Do you need a reminder as well there cupcake?  

Here.  Remind me how peaceful Christianity is.

I'll post this to the end of time when you sit and claim that Mulsims or Islam is the violent religion.

Now, before you ask me if "this was done in the name of Christianity" why don't you look back and remember your first post here

"Religion of peace strikes again"

So obviously if you're going to paint them all with the same brush, others can and will do the same.  If you are not intelligent enough to see the comparison that is easily drawn between the two that is not on teh rest of us, but instead yourself

2tweet.jpg

3tweet.jpg

tweet1.jpg

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

An individual perpetrated this attack. To pin a religion to this is easy and simplistic. I get that you want to do anything, no matter how stupid and elementary, to spread your furher's gospel of ignorance, fear, and malice, but you just end up sounding no better than those you criticize.

It would appear the individuals killing in the name of Islam is never ending.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

It would appear the individuals killing in the name of Islam is never ending.

I would appear that way because that's what you seek out. That's the type of news that sells, therefore it's on the newsfeed.

Mass graves in the Congo get a paragraph, while a gunman taking out a police officer gets constant coverage.

But completely ignore what Warhippy is posting regarding the mass amounts of murder and violence being perpetrated in the African continent because of being conditioned by the media to ignore it. Bliss right?

And it's Africa, so who cares right? It's only the cradle of civilization. Nah, much more important to buy the idea that all Muslims are the bad guys who fly planes into buildings and commit suicide bombings.

The fact that illegal wars perpetrated by the United States have caused over a million Iraqis to die, not to mention thousands of Afghanis, Vietnamese, and countless other races.....including a quarter of a million Japanese people vaporized by a nuclear bomb.....but yeah Islam....

Am I reading that because Christians committed atrocities many years ago that is justification for these Islamist terrorist attacks... as karma..... so we can't denounce a subsection of muslims killing in the name of their god..

Nobody is defending any attacks regardless of their motive. The current terror is obviously the jihadist attacks so lets work on getting rid of that it is unacceptable to tolerate it

Who knows if this photo is real but would you be okay with that ?

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Maybe that number would be less if the Western powers weren't so trigger-happy.

In all the discussion you and I have had when have you seen me advocate for war?

I believe Canada needs a far bigger military and needs to invest more in our forces but I doubt you can recall a time I have argued for war.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I would appear that way because that's what you seek out. That's the type of news that sells, therefore it's on the newsfeed.

Mass graves in the Congo get a paragraph, while a gunman taking out a police officer gets constant coverage.

But completely ignore what Warhippy is posting regarding the mass amounts of murder and violence being perpetrated in the African continent because of being conditioned by the media to ignore it. Bliss right?

You do realize Muslims are slaughtering off Muslims daily right? Its not just attacks in the western world.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nope. Is it full of religious fanatics pushing for sharia law?

No it is full of Americans killing each other with guns.  I sit and struggle to believe someone could be so ignorant to think that the reason they die matters.  Be it junkie, mugging, robbery theft innocent bystander or to a religious extremist.

You sit and somehow make the point(badly) that a death or being murdered by an extremist is somehow different than being murdered by a guy or woman in America with no religious motives.

it's sad.

From Jan 1st to today

165 shot and killed

787 acts of gun violence

952 total shot

175 total homicides.

In Chicago.

Let's extrapolate the data shall we

With a population of 2.719 million.  70.6% of americans are christians (lets round up call it 71%) and let's say 1000 total acts of gun violence in the first quarter of the year is a grand total of 1930.49 acts of Christians killing others.  But since they aren't yelling god is great they're not killing for religious reasons so it's ok it's just plain murder and that's fine.

But let's say over a year that's 7721.96 acts of Christians committing murder in Chicago alone.  But Muslims are the scary issue right?  It doesn't fly.  Stop rpetending that somehow a guy screaming god is great before going off is different than an american doing it without screaming the same words.

Dead is Dead.  Black white brown.  Jew christians Buddhist Muslim.  Shalom.  Allahu Akhbar. God Bless me. Give me your wallet.

Dead

Is

Dead

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

No it is full of Americans killing each other with guns.  I sit and struggle to believe someone could be so ignorant to think that the reason they die matters.  Be it junkie, mugging, robbery theft innocent bystander or to a religious extremist.

You sit and somehow make the point(badly) that a death or being murdered by an extremist is somehow different than being murdered by a guy or woman in America with no religious motives.

it's sad.

From Jan 1st to today

165 shot and killed

787 acts of gun violence

952 total shot

175 total homicides.

In Chicago.

Let's extrapolate the data shall we

With a population of 2.719 million.  70.6% of americans are christians (lets round up call it 71%) and let's say 1000 total acts of gun violence in the first quarter of the year is a grand total of 1930.49 acts of Christians killing others.  But since they aren't yelling god is great they're not killing for religious reasons so it's ok it's just plain murder and that's fine.

But let's say over a year that's 7721.96 acts of Christians committing murder in Chicago alone.  But Muslims are the scary issue right?  It doesn't fly.  Stop rpetending that somehow a guy screaming god is great before going off is different than an american doing it without screaming the same words.

Dead is Dead.  Black white brown.  Jew christians Buddhist Muslim.  Shalom.  Allahu Akhbar. God Bless me. Give me your wallet.

Dead

Is

Dead

Again you have no proof it's Christians hip.

As far as Chicago goes ask your boy Obama who you praise constantly.

5 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Am I reading that because Christians committed atrocities many years ago that is justification for these Islamist terrorist attacks... as karma..... so we can't denounce a subsection of muslims killing in the name of their god..

Nobody is defending any attacks regardless of their motive. The current terror is obviously the jihadist attacks so lets work on getting rid of that it is unacceptable to tolerate it

trump-confederate-flag.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Ya?

'Murica, Christians.

Image result for americans protest with nazi flag

Or...is that not indicative of the entire US population and is instead only a couple  of A***oles?

Just curious really.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You do realize Muslims are slaughtering off Muslims daily right? Its not just attacks in the western world.

Source of the daily Muslim on Muslim slaughter please? What about the murder rate of American cities? Muslims?

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

It's likely real. France is full of no go zones.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

In all the discussion you and I have had when have you seen me advocate for war?

I believe Canada needs a far bigger military and needs to invest more in our forces but I doubt you can recall a time I have argued for war.

I never implied that you were. People forget though that these terrorists are created as a direct consequence of our interference in the Middle East. Its easier to recruit people into fighting a religious war when you have pictures of dead children from a drone strike gone bad.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Ya?

'Murica, Christians.

Or...is that not indicative of the entire US population and is instead only a couple  of A***oles?

Just curious really.

Nah, that's heritage, Hippy. White expression in a liberal world. Blowing off steam.

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Don't give me that colonialism crap.  If you're so afraid of it, lemme spell it out for you as a first nations individual whose entire cultural history was systematically erased by "good christians" 

It's called KARMA

OK I see now. It's not that you don't think it will happen,  but rather us White Westerners had it coming...and you think it's deserved, you know because KARMA...for what?  Actions our ancestors made? 'Sins of the father' nonsense? 

If that's not hatred in it's purest form, I don't know what is. 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Again you have no proof it's Christians hip.

As far as Chicago goes ask your boy Obama who you praise constantly.

Obama hasn't been involved in Chicago for almost a decade.  Give it up.  And yes we DO know it is Christians.  706 PERCENT OF AMERICANS identify as Christian so obviously by the numbers that means Christians are killing others.  

Again you're pretending that somehow it is different in the fact the extremists scream something religious before hand.

Dead is dead.  Stop pretending otherwise.  It doesn't matter how you die if it is violent.  If I put a gun to your head and demand your wallet before pulling the trigger or say god wills this, it makes no frigging difference.  Your last thought exits the back of your head the same way

Just now, Toews said:

I never implied that you were. People forget though that these terrorists are created as a direct consequence of our interference in the Middle East. Its easier to recruit people into fighting a religious war when you have pictures of dead children from a drone strike gone bad.

I'm certainly not arguing that point.

Archived