The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most outrageously overrated ex-canucks dman in history?

apollo

On 2017-04-20 at 10:36 PM, ReggieBush said:

I didn't mind Aaron Rome, most overrated dman in my eyes was Yannick Weber. That year he scored like 11 goals, everyone was hyping him up. I thought he was utter garbage. Turns out i was right

Nashville seems happy with him

I see a lot of "..... is the worst d-man the Canucks have ever had" in this thread. The thread is actually who we think is the most overrated. Webber couldn't be overrated because he was always lousy, the same goes for Rome as well. I think we have had a few throughout our history, but at the top has got to be Garrison. He came with so much fanfare, a wicked shot, and offensive minded power play guy....boy were we wrong. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn but could nail his own teammates with his slapper. I was soooo happy when we got rid of that pile of poo. Another on the list has to be Snepsts, he was a give away machine who played tough and got pounded in fights. Again, the fans LOVED Haaarolllld. He was a great teammate and seems to genuinely love the game but man was he a bad d-man. Snepsts to Bossy and the Islanders win in OT. And lastly in my opinion, with the 4th overall selection, Bryan Allen, holy fricken yikes!!!! 4th overall? Really!!! 4th overall!!! I mean sure he was big and thug-like but I was expecting Scott Stevens not Andrew Alberts. All three were overrated in my opinion.

Archived