The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most outrageously overrated ex-canucks dman in history?

apollo

48 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Keith Ballard.

The 'Raymond, Ballard, 1st for [insert superstar player name here]' proposals speak for itself. ;)

At least Ballard could hit guys with his hip, Garrison couldn't hit anything, including the net, if his life depended on it.

1 minute ago, zzbottom said:

I assumed this thread was created to talk smack about Nikita Tryamkin like a bunch of scorned exes. 

That said, Salo was always overrated. 

Salo was like our Powerplay, he was the last thing from overrated.

Also not liking Ballard as overrated, he was a great physical defencemen.

My vote goes to, Garrison, I expected way more form him. He dissapointed from start to finish.

2 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

That said, Salo was always overrated. 

Salo had the best shot from the point I've ever seen. The most underrated part of it was his insane accuracy, both in wrist shots and slap shots. His ability to get shots through was amazing.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Salo had the best shot from the point I've ever seen. The most underrated part of it was his insane accuracy, both in wrist shots and slap shots. His ability to get shots through was amazing.

Well said, if he didn't get injured a lot, he would be an easy top 3 defencemen for the Nucks in my opinion.

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

Adrian Aucoin.  He had 23 goals out of nowhere 1 season.  The hype was huge after that but never amounted to much.  He had a nice long career but after that 23 goal season he was way overrated. 

The 11 assists should've been a red flag. Greatest difference between goals and assists (goals being more) from a defenseman in a single season in NHL history if I'm not mistaken.

Even though I really liked Tryamkin, some of you definitely overate him. No, I'm not saying this because he just left us but some of you guys sounded pretty ridiculous with the constant Chara comparisons. I realistically saw him peaking as a defensively solid top 4 dman with about 25 point potential. Still a huge blow to our defence to lose him but he was NOT going to be a future Norris winning Chara type of defenceman like half the CDC likes to think.

Archived