The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

X-Files Is Returning With 10 Episodes

fivethej

About time. Too bad they can't do full year.

Timing of announcement seems very suspect with what's going on with Fox. A distraction. 

The all-new 10-episode installment once again will be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. The event series will air during the 2017-2018 season.

7 minutes ago, fivethej said:

About time. Too bad they can't do full year.

Timing of announcement seems very suspect with what's going on with Fox. A distraction.

They've been planning on doing it for quite some time now.  They've just had a hard time getting Duchovny and Anderson freed up from other work at the same time.  I watched the first half of the first season when it first came out in '93, but quickly lost interest.

lol, that re-boot was so bad (couple of good episodes i guess). i can't even imagine how they're going to continue to the series at this point. so much of the appeal of the early seasons of the X Files was how it was all about guesswork, speculation, conspiracy, etc. but the new/last season completely undid all of that and went ALL IN. especially in the final episode. like what are they going to do, make it all a dream? lmao 

how could the series even continue off that terrible finale?

42 minutes ago, Orange Glue Stick said:

Wasn't the first reboot of this a flop? LOL this is a waste of time and $.

I think that the first one they came out with was an awesome Roswell cover up episode and got everyone into it, and then ya it sucked. They should try the miniseries route like True Detective style.

• 8 months later...

Mulder looks so old. 

Gillian Anderson is quitting after this season. What happens to her character and will they replace her with another female agent as Mulder's partner.

https://screenrant.com/x-files-gillian-anderson-season-11-exit/

Why haven't Alex Krycek or John Doggett returned? - I know Robert Patrick is on another show.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:59 PM, fivethej said:

Mulder looks so old. 

Gillian Anderson is quitting after this season. What happens to her character and will they replace her with another female agent as Mulder's partner.

https://screenrant.com/x-files-gillian-anderson-season-11-exit/

Why haven't Alex Krycek or John Doggett returned? - I know Robert Patrick is on another show.

Krycek -

Spoiler

He was shot and killed by Skinner in the season 8 finale.

Enjoy all things x-files.  Some seasons and episodes are better than others (obviously) but mark me down as a fan.

I lost interest in the X-Files some time around season three. Didn't bother with the movies, even on TV.

"The Lone Gunmen" was okay for the season it was on. 

regards,  G.

Archived