The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (P2) Edmonton Oilers | Ducks win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

Man, crazy that none of these Western games went to 7 games, and 2 were sweeps with one being the Hawks on the receiving end.

I think the Oilers have a strong chance here, especially after taking out San Jose, I have higher hopes for them in beating Anaheim. Hard to say, however. I think it depends on how Gibson plays, mostly.

I wonder what Kesler will say to Kassian to throw him off his game.

will be a fun series.  Anas physically could be a problem for Edmonton but I have to think their speed and decent size themselves should be able to beat them. 

hard to say but I'm guessing Oilers in 6.  anas speed is my concern.  Kesler, cogliano, silverfberg and rakell are quick but perry and Getzlaf ant anything special in terms of speed.   will likely come down to who controls possession when Getzlaf and perry are on the ice.

Kesler is going to have a hell of a time but he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  I think it will largely depend on how his linemate support him in defending McDavids speed.

exciting times.  if edm wins the aura of physical big teams dominating will be broken.  and the speed game will take over once again.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

will be a fun series.  Anas physically could be a problem for Edmonton but I have to think their speed and decent size themselves should be able to beat them. 

hard to say but I'm guessing Oilers in 6.  anas speed is my concern.  Kesler, cogliano, silverfberg and rakell are quick but perry and Getzlaf ant anything special in terms of speed.   will likely come down to who controls possession when Getzlaf and perry are on the ice.

Kesler is going to have a hell of a time but he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  I think it will largely depend on how his linemate support him in defending McDavids speed.

exciting times.  if edm wins the aura of physical big teams dominating will be broken.  and the speed game will let take over once again.

No it won't. The Oilers are one of the most physical, big teams in the league.

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

exciting times.  if edm wins the aura of physical big teams dominating will be broken.  and the speed game will let take over once again.

:blink:

Just now, McDavyCrockett said:

No it won't. The Oilers are one of the most physical, big teams in the league.

Oilers are known for speed.  first and foremost.  Ana doesn't back down if you pick a fight. they use a pack mentality.  I'm not sure edm is ready for that.  lucic will step up but will Kass over a 7 game series.

ferland never worked for Calgary because 1 or 2 guys can't stop Ana.  edms speed may be the solution along with their physical tools.

Archived