The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (P1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (P2) Edmonton Oilers | Ducks win series 4-3

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, McDavyCrockett said:

Anaheim had to rely on ridiculous puck luck, Elliott being a sieve, and Calgary's "Ponda curse" mental block just to win the 1st round.

Even with Fowler and Vatanen, this will be a tight series.

Oilers in 6 because of Talbot. He's gonna go 06 Roloson, me feels.

Without McJesus and Talbot, your Coilers would be a lottery team this year. Go back to your cave in Alberta. 

Just now, McDavyCrockett said:

If only life worked in weird hypotheticals like that.

"Without"

"If Only!"

Like "if only" the Flames hadn't won the 89 series on an illegal goal, or "if only" Colin Campbell's son hadn't been a player on the 2011 Bruins squad....."if only"...then maybe the Canucks would actually have a Stanley Cup after 47 years, eh?

I find it funny that it took you 11 years to have the guts to come out and post here. 

"Without"

"If Only!"

Like "if only" the Flames hadn't won the 89 series on an illegal goal, or "if only" Colin Campbell's son hadn't been a player on the 2011 Bruins squad....."if only"...then maybe the Canucks would actually have a Stanley Cup after 47 years, eh?

Enjoy your last few posts troll.

lol

22 minutes ago, McDavyCrockett said:

Anaheim had to rely on ridiculous puck luck, Elliott being a sieve, and Calgary's "Ponda curse" mental block just to win the 1st round.

Even with Fowler and Vatanen, this will be a tight series.

Oilers in 6 because of Talbot. He's gonna go 06 Roloson, me feels.

If you think Anaheim won that series because of puck luck you are delusional. They are a legit contender if Gibson continues to impress. 

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

If you think Anaheim won that series because of puck luck you are delusional. They are a legit contender if Gibson continues to impress. 

2nd game: GWG off of Bouma's skate

3rd game: 2nd, 3rd, and 5th goals were all bull**** fluke plays that any good goalie stops. Elliot is a scrub.

^ Calgary outplayed them in both and the above was the result. 

No one says that Anaheim isn't a legit contender.....but ya know, contenders can be upset, yeah? Look at Chicago.

32 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I wonder what Kesler will say to Kassian to throw him off his game.

will be a fun series.  Anas physically could be a problem for Edmonton but I have to think their speed and decent size themselves should be able to beat them. 

hard to say but I'm guessing Oilers in 6.  anas speed is my concern.  Kesler, cogliano, silverfberg and rakell are quick but perry and Getzlaf ant anything special in terms of speed.   will likely come down to who controls possession when Getzlaf and perry are on the ice.

Kesler is going to have a hell of a time but he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  I think it will largely depend on how his linemate support him in defending McDavids speed.

exciting times.  if edm wins the aura of physical big teams dominating will be broken.  and the speed game will take over once again.

Their roster sizes are pretty much idential

They both average 6'1" 202lbs

2nd game: GWG off of Bouma's skate

3rd game: 2nd, 3rd, and 5th goals were all bull**** fluke plays that any good goalie stops. Elliot is a scrub.

^ Calgary outplayed them in both and the above was the result. 

No one says that Anaheim isn't a legit contender.....but ya know, contenders can be upset, yeah? Look at Chicago.

When did you become an Oilers fan? This past February? 

18 minutes ago, McDavyCrockett said:

"Without"

"If Only!"

17 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

I find it funny that it took you 11 years to have the guts to come out and post here. 

This wins - but I think it went over his head

I voted Edmonton in 7. 

Not that I want them to win but I think their speed might be too much for Ducks. They will be exposing some of the slower defencemen on the Ducks team.

If Ducks can enforce their heavy game and slow the game down, then Ducks will probably win. But I think the Oilers are well coached right now and they have a coach who knows how to make adjustments in the middle of the series so I don't think Ducks can have it their way all throughout the series.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

I wonder what Kesler will say to Kassian to throw him off his game.

will be a fun series.  Anas physically could be a problem for Edmonton but I have to think their speed and decent size themselves should be able to beat them. 

hard to say but I'm guessing Oilers in 6.  anas speed is my concern.  Kesler, cogliano, silverfberg and rakell are quick but perry and Getzlaf ant anything special in terms of speed.   will likely come down to who controls possession when Getzlaf and perry are on the ice.

Kesler is going to have a hell of a time but he is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.  I think it will largely depend on how his linemate support him in defending McDavids speed.

exciting times.  if edm wins the aura of physical big teams dominating will be broken.  and the speed game will take over once again.

Gonna be a fun series indeed. 

I think Anaheim will win if Kesler gets under McDavid's skin and Getzlaf overpowers Draisaitl (assuming McDavid and Draisaitl are split up). 

And yes, I think the era of big physical teams is about to end.  Among the teams that are alive, no team can be really said to be playing that heavy game of LA and Boston except Anaheim. And even Anaheim has good speed up front.

I think it's an era of speed but supported by enough size to fight off those heavy teams that squeeze in to the first round and maybe to the second round. Edmonton has enough size to fight off the Ducks heavy game so it will be fun to see who will prevail. 

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Oilers are known for speed.  first and foremost.  Ana doesn't back down if you pick a fight. they use a pack mentality.  I'm not sure edm is ready for that.  lucic will step up but will Kass over a 7 game series.

ferland never worked for Calgary because 1 or 2 guys can't stop Ana.  edms speed may be the solution along with their physical tools.

2 hours ago, Bo053 said:

Their roster sizes are pretty much idential

They both average 6'1" 202lbs

Indeed.  The Ducks are 2nd in hits this season while the Oilers are 6th.  The Ducks-Flames series didn't show what Anaheim is capable of yet, but the Oilers-Sharks series has shown the intense physical play of Edmonton.  They averaged 37 hits a game that series.  They ramped it up.  Any stats guy will say the Oilers outplayed San Jose physically.  Any person who watched the games will say the same thing.  You have no idea what you're talking about.

Their top forwards are extremely fast.  Their depth players are very physical.  Their blueline is not great but they are big.  Anaheim is almost the complete opposite (big-hitting top guys, fast depth players, and a prolific, undersized D core).  A very interesting matchup that should churn out into a great series.  This speed vs. physical line you're spouting is utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, McDavyCrockett said:

"Without"

"If Only!"

Lol. It's fun to finally hear from Oilers troll here. We've met plenty of Flames troll but the Oilers troll??? I thought they went extinct!!!

I guess if you suck for 10 years, eventually you will get lucky. Long live lottery!! 

If only Hall, Nuge, and Yakupov were good enough to keep them around middle of the standings. If only the Oilers management wasn't so f*cking dumb. If only the lottery balls didn't land on Oilers favour. Then, we would still be living this world believing that the Oilers trolls have all gone extinct. 

17 minutes ago, khay said:

Gonna be a fun series indeed. 

I think Anaheim will win if Kesler gets under McDavid's skin and Getzlaf overpowers Draisaitl (assuming McDavid and Draisaitl are split up). 

And yes, I think the era of big physical teams is about to end.  Among the teams that are alive, no team can be really said to be playing that heavy game of LA and Boston except Anaheim. And even Anaheim has good speed up front.

I think it's an era of speed but supported by enough size to fight off those heavy teams that squeeze in to the first round and maybe to the second round. Edmonton has enough size to fight off the Ducks heavy game so it will be fun to see who will prevail. 

Game 4 was the only game McDavid and Draisaitl were separated and that's when they lost 7-0. So they'll be back together. 

RNH, Eberle and Lucic will likely go head to head with Getzlaf's line. They did a good job against Pavelski and Thornton. 

3 hours ago, McDavyCrockett said:

"Without"

"If Only!"

LOL you guys are far from one "if only" of winning the cup. 

Sure Talbot is hot - so are Allen and Rinne. Larsson and Nurse both looked like s*** and that was against an ice cold team. Good luck with McDavid and Draisatl carrying you past both Ana and Stl/Nsh..

Archived