250Integra

[GDT] NHL Draft Lottery - Vancouver Canucks vs All - April 29th 4:30PM PST

Rate this topic

I wish the City of Vancouver brought out those big TV's they had downtown in 2011 for the Draft lottery. I would take the ferry over from Victoria to watch this historical event with my fellow fans!

2 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I wish the City of Vancouver brought out those big TV's they had downtown in 2011 for the Draft lottery. I would take the ferry over from Victoria to watch this historical event with my fellow fans!

getting the 5th pick isnt exactly historic

• Upvote 1

I'll be swallowing gallons of Guinness Stout in honour of  St. Patrick's Day (otherwise know as the NHL Draft Lottery Day April 29th, 2017 - the day the Canucks won the first pick overall).

i can't wait to watch it i'm optimist ic, hey 1-5 OA is going to be a good player. developed properly.yeah we r due But gary bettman will have his way and AZ or Vegas we'll be in the top 3.  

I'm having a hard time deciding if the irony would be thicker if we;

A - we get the #1 overall pick a year after Matthews is drafted

or

B - "tank" again for nothing (move multiple spots down the board, which is most likely)

Tankers are garbage fans. They want to throw away entire sesons for a 20% chance at the top pick. So stupid.

19 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

It's actually better because up until then, for all you know this could be the best day of your life. I'm assuming you'd want the worst day of your life be a mere 6.5 hours than a whole 24. Am I right?

All I know is that I don't even want the 1st overall pick, I would be ecstatic staying at #2.

But the Bettman Golden Knights & Coyotes will screw us.

• Upvote 2

I'm not one of those sky is falling type fans but I'll be honest.. after bettman changes to a lotto system when we finally start getting high picks, then once Toronto gets Matthews they lower the odds for top spots.. if we drop to 5th it will definitely be the low light for me as a canucks fan.  

I should really stop running he simulator, 10 attempts, Colorado gets 8 top 3, we get 5,. And the freaking La kings get 3.. two of those being 1OA ugh lol somebody hold my hand ;) 

1 minute ago, BananaMash said:

Fifth overall here we come, chooochooo.

Ef off Nanner!! You are not helping bud, I said hold my hand not turd in it !! Lol

15 minutes ago, b3. said:

All I know is that I don't even want the 1st overall pick, I would be ecstatic staying at #2.

But the Bettman Golden Knights & Coyotes will screw us.

Why do we Canuck's fans feel the league is against us?  Didn't it start from that stupid wheel spin in '70, when it landed on a number we thought meant we won, only to have the league say that number meant the Sabres won?  The reasons are too many:(

1 minute ago, TheOgRook said:

I'm not one of those sky is falling type fans but I'll be honest.. after bettman changes to a lotto system when we finally start getting high picks, then once Toronto gets Matthews they lower the odds for top spots.. if we drop to 5th it will definitely be the low light for me as a canucks fan.  

I should really stop running he simulator, 10 attempts, Colorado gets 8 top 3, we get 5,. And the freaking La kings get 3.. two of those being 1OA ugh lol somebody hold my hand ;) 

I think those odds were lowered as a response to the coilers winning it for years, the cherry on the pie was that they won Mc David by getting lucky with the draft rules that were modified to keep teams like them from winning.  Under the old rules the bottom two teams would have had a better chance at winning McLotto.

Anyhow, for me there is an ultimate doomsday scenario.  LA Kings and Arizona, division rivals,  get the top 2 spots, winnipeg jumps over us again and gets third,  colorado gets 4th and we drop to 5th.

• Upvote 1

This used to be a HUGE event, until the Leafs, and Oiler's got their picks...now no one cares

2 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

This used to be a HUGE event, until the Leafs, and Oiler's got their picks...now no one cares

We care A LOT out on this coast, don't we?  I want us to get first:)

Really excited about tonight. This is what it feels like being a tanker. Pretty anxious to know those results. We really need top 2 at the very least. I don't care about the other teams. If we get top 4, I wouldn't mind that either. Couple of good players around there as well. Hischier and Bo would be a force for the team and in this league for years to come. If we win the lotto, that's like us winning the Cup 1st time ever. Hopefully TL has his lucky stuff with him today. He'll probably need it and be prepared for the worst also

Trying real hard not to get my hopes up, but man am I ever excited to get the top 2 pick! 

As you can tell I'm having a hard time...

I was speaking about the media, and people are already counting these kids as second tier, I hope everyone is wrong...I want Nico or Nolan!

13 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Ef off Nanner!! You are not helping bud, I said hold my hand not turd in it !! Lol

I dreamt we got first last night.... and then we picked some no name no one had ever heard of.....